The Truth

Closer to Humans

 

 

day 12

The sun was not yet up, but KyuHyun's already out. He couldn't fall asleep the whole of last night, so he decided to take a walk around to calm himself down. After leaving a messy note telling the girl he went for a walk, he sat by himself at the entrance of the cave. The last time he came here, he thought he'll never come back here again, but it's only been a few days, and he's back.

While waiting for the sun to rise, he stared at the drawings he carved on the wall. Running his fingers through them, he couldn't help but to feel disappointed. Is that it? Will a drawing be just a drawing? Can it never come true? His hand dropped to his side and he sighed, after a whole night of thinking, he thought maybe he shouldn't be so greedy, he should be glad to find his sister. Even if she is JinHye.

But it's easier said than done. He gazed sadly at the rising sun, giving out such a bright light that it covers the moon. Beautiful orangy yellow filled the sky and the little animals started to wake up. The birds chirped and sang melodies, flying all over the place. Just as KyuHyun was enjoying the rare sight from where he used to live, he heard rustling from nearby bushes, causing him to be alert. Well, his animal instinct was still there.

Staring at the moving bushes, he waited for whatever it was inside to appear. His clenched fist and gritted teeth soon relaxed when he saw that it was only RyeoWook. The two of them laughed, it seemed like both of them thought of the same place when they are facing troubles. RyeoWook positioned himself beside KyuHyun and they sat like that in silence. They barely had any silence when they live together in the JinHye's house, it's time they appreciate some quietness.

KyuHyun opened his mouth first, " JinHye maybe me sister. "

His short and simple sentence shocked RyeoWook, his eyes widened and jaw dropped. Although RyeoWook can now process what other people are saying, he still could not speak, so he remained silent. But behind his silence, so much thoughts were running pass his mind, so much things he want to say, so much worries and guilt. He gulped, not daring to look at KyuHyun in the eye.

KyuHyun covered his face with his hands, he tried to force himself to believe something he didn't want to believe in. He don't want JinHye as his sister, but if she really is his sister, he could only accept the fact. What else could he do? Throw a tantrum? He bit his trembling lips and took in a deep breath to calm himself down. RyeoWook then gave him a small comforting pat on his shoulder.  KyuHyun looked up at him, and RyeoWook stared at the ground, shaking his head.

Confused, KyuHyun frowned, what did he mean by that? He had never seen RyeoWook so serious, something was definitely wrong with him. RyeoWook seemed to know something KyuHyun didn't. RyeoWook knew it is never right to lie to your bestriend, not to mention something so serious. He knew that the secret will be out someday, somehow. He've made a terrible mistake, regretted, and had been guilty for so long, maybe it's time to let KyuHyun know the truth now.

KyuHyun stared at him with suspicious eyes and he turned away, ashamed to have done something so terrible, something so inhumane. But then again, he's not human, he's a werewolf. KyuHyun could sense something weird going on, he knew that RyeoWook was hiding something from him, and he was determined to find out what it is. Grabbing RyeoWook by his shoulders, KyuHyun turned him back to face him, " What you mean? "

RyeoWook timidly looked up at his friend, the secret that he had kept to himself for so many years was going to be revealed soon, the secret that he kept from his bestfriend, even though KyuHyun have every right to know. RyeoWook didn't say anything, he didn't have to say anything, KyuHyun knew what he wanted to say, what he had been hiding. Looking at his friend, he was hoping he would deny it, say that it's not true. But RyeoWook didn't, he just waited silently, eyes full of guilt.

How can it be? It's not true!

KyuHyun figured out what RyeoWook was hiding from him, and RyeoWook knew that KyuHyun was never going to forgive him. His generous friend might have been able to forgive him for every other evil things that he had done, but this time round, it's not going to happen. Their friendship is over now. And it's all because of him, he can blame no one but himself. He would never forgive anyone that had done that to him too, so he's not hoping for KyuHyun's forgiveness. KyuHyun stared into RyeoWook's eyes.

His black eyes that he've always thought it was a kind of beautiful shiny black, until today.

I cannot believe it, how could he do this to me? Does he not feel any guilt? I trusted him!

Never had KyuHyun once doubt RyeoWook, he trusted him.

He was speechless, the betrayal he received from his friend was far beyond his imagination. His arms slide down from RyeoWook's shoulders and fell back to his side. He looked away from the one whom had broken his trust, took in a deep breath, and stood up. Still shocked, he stumbled out of the cave, with no destination in mind. He laughed to himself, RyeoWook must be playing with him, RyeoWook would never have done that. 

But deep in his heart he knew that RyeoWook did did it. His bestfriend did it. His sister is dead and he'll never see her again.

In a state of confusion, he pushed past trees and arrived at the the same place where he lost his sister. He fell onto the ground, the exact same place where he fell onto when he was shot. He wanted to cry, but the tears don't come out. He do not understand, how could he have not realise? How could he not realise after spending so much time with his friend? 

Friend?

Would a friend had done that? He tiredly stared into nothingness. He didn't felt like moving, neither did he felt like going back home. Which ever home it meant, or does he even have one? The cave is RyeoWook's, and the house is JinHye's, where's his? Just then, he heard rustling of the grasses, footsteps getting closer, but he could not be bothered, he didn't have the energy to either. A while later, 4 people came into sight. It's his family.

The adult man, KyuHyun's father urged them to fasten their pace, pulling a little boy along with him. KyuHyun stared at them as they come closer and closer to him, he was so shock he could not move a single muscle. He wanted to shout to them, that this place is not safe, they should go hide somwhere else, but no sound came out from his mouth, his throat sore. And without any warning, gun shots was heard. Shocked, the little boy turned around to look, but his father kept on pulling him forward.

However, it didn't last long. His grip on the little boy's arm loosened when the 3rd gun shot rang out. KyuHyun breathing fastened, he wanted to prevent them from dying, but how? The man fell onto the ground and blood oozed out of the wound on his chest. It's the nth time he's seeing this scene, but it felt extremely real this time, much more than any of the previous times. Following the previous shot, the 4th gun shot sounded and the little boy fell into unconciousness.

KyuHyun hated not being able to do anything, and could only watched them die again and again. The feeling of helplessness was torturing him, so he closed his eyes to prevent himself from watching the scene infront of him. He tried escaping from it, but he knew that he will never be able to escape, it'll be forever there. The next time his eyes met light, he saw his younger sister crying beside the little boy.

Just how much he wanted to embrace the little girl, assure her that it's going to be okay, that he will take care of her on behalf of their father and mother like he had promised them, but he was stopped by the waking little boy. He tried his best to lift his left hand to her, but before he could reach her, a beast like creature on four limbs suddenly appeared behind her. That very same creature that had taken away his sister from him.

He clenched his fist, teeth tightly clenched, eyes full of anger. He used to not know what it was, but now he knows. The animal grabbed his sister on her left arm and dragged her away from the little boy's reach. She was no match for it. It was big and strong, whereas she's small and weak. She screamed in pain, but there was nothing she could do. And there was nothing the little boy could do. But KyuHyun can do something.

He's stronger and bigger. He quickly went over to grab the little girl, to pull her away from the beast, but they all disappeared the moment he thought he touched her. The man, the woman and little boy were no longer lying on the forest floor, and the the little girl's cry stopped, everything silent again. He's all alone again. He slowly cuddled himself beside a tree, like it would provide him with any kind of comfort. 

I should have known... that creature, that beast, that werewolf, was RyeoWook.