Her Reason

Closer to Humans

 

 

day 10

After spending the previous night learning how to talk, he could now understand simple sentences, and reply them with simple sentences too. On the other hand, RyeoWook could only understand short simple words like "food", well, that's the only thing he'll have to understand as a werewolf. After lunch, they started drawing lessons again. Only 5 days left, he'll have to treasure the time left and learn as much as he could.

His drawings improved rapidly just like his ability to read and write. RyeoWook didn't like drawing, so he went to practice standing up straight without hunching over instead, something his friend mastered on his first try. As he brushed the pencil across the paper, he peeked slightly at the girl reading a book beside him, before looking back down and asking, " Why... " He struggled to find the right words, " Why here? "

She stopped reading and looked at him questioningly, " Do you mean to ask why am I here in the forest? "

He nodded and she smiled, " I had to take a break from the world outside. " He couldn't really comprehend the whole sentence, but he guessed that she meant she wanted to leave the city for a while. He asked again, " Why? "

" Hmm, because I was sad and angry with myself. "

" Why? "

" Because I made a mistake. "

" Why? "

" I was careless. "

" Why? "

She laughed and ignored his question, " You sure have a lot of whys! " He stared at her in confusion, what grave mistake did she make? Is it something he cannot know? He was really curious and hoped the girl would tell him her story, but he knew she was not comfortable so he didn't prompt any further. He shoved the paper to the girl and her smile widened when she saw it. It's a picture of the girl, the stick man had grown into one with hair, proper eyes and face features.

His sister will be very proud of him if she saw this. The girl looked at the paper in disbelief and asked, " Wow, you're a really good artist! Is this me? " Transferring her attention from the paper to the guy, he nodded. Double eyelids, long eye lashes, warm and kind eyes, rosy cheeks, small lips, and glasses placed carefully on her nose. He can sense that the girl like the picture a lot, and he's glad.

She then shyly asked him, " Erm, can I keep this please? " Smiling, he nodded, " Of... course. "

" Thank you so much! " She quickly thanked him and placed the drawing into a clear folder, preventing it from getting crumpled. If he ever get the chance to, he'll draw her a piece of masterpiece every single day as a present. He sighed as he thought about how impossible that is, reminding himself that the girl will return to where ever she was from soon. And he will also leave after finding his sister in 5 days.

When she came back, he asked again, " When... when you going... home? " She thought for a while before replying, " I don't know, I'll go home when I want to. "

" Why? "

" Because my adoptive mother agreed to let me stay in the forest until I feel comfortable to go home. "

" A-ado-tife? "

She nodded and explained, " Yup, adoptive. They took care of me when my real biological mother couldn't. " So she doesn't live with her biological parents? Why not? Where did her biological mother go? He asked again, " Why real... mother, " He paused, thinking of the right word to use, " no take care? "

" Well, " She tapped her chin and pretended to think before replying, " I don't know, I lost my childhood memory, so I don't remember. " So she doesn't remember why she was adopted? That's sad, she can't even remember her childhood. He nodded in understanding, " Oh. "

She laughed at his cute reaction, " No whys this time? "

He scratched his head in embarrassment, his cheeks red like tomato. The girl then left him at the table and went into the kitchen to prepare dinner. It was hardwork to cook 3 meals for 3 people everyday. She hummed a little song as she left the fish to defrost and began slicing the cucumber into neat slices. As he stared at her back, he wondered how people like her and RyeoWook live their lifes so happily when it's not at all happy?

Both of them didn't know who their biological parents were, but they still faced each day with a smile. He sighed and laughed at himself, he should learn from them, so that his sister will be able to see a good and optimistic him, instead of a pestimistic him. He went over to the girl and helped her with the washing. He now know how to wash without breaking plates and bowls, he had learnt a lot these few days, either he is a good student, or the girl is a good teacher.

Something then clicked inside him, he just realised he didn't know the girl's name yet, " You name? "

" JinHye, " She replied before reaching her hand to his necklace, reading aloud his name beside his sister's name, " And your name is KyuHyun. " She smiled happily at him, and he couldn't help it but to smile back too. How long had it been since he heard his own name? He cleared his throat and tried saying it himself, " JinHye... KyuHyun. "

The girl noddded, " Correct! I'll award you with an apple later. " They laughed and RyeoWook came in to join the fun. It's always lively and happy when the three are together, no troubles, no worries, no sadness, no unhappiness. The night passed with lots of laughters, and soon it's time to sleep again. The boys had got their sleeping time re-arranged, so that they can sleep at night and work in the morning, like normal human.

As KyuHyun lay in bed, he thought of the past few days. He learnt and learnt and learnt. Regardless if it is from JinHye, RyeoWook or even the lions, he had learnt a lot of different things. He had also gotten closer to the girl, not forgetting getting closer to the day that he'll have his wish fulfilled. He have accomplished so many things in a few short days, the thought of JinHye interupting his once normal and peaceful life is now over-written.

His life had never been normal and peaceful until he saw her. He'll start living a normal and peaceful life now, KyuHyun promised himself. With the blankets covering him, he placed his head on the pillow that used to feel so awkward under his head, but now it feels so normal, it'll be weird without the pillow. Closing his eyes, his vision turned into total darkness.

He'll miss the life in the forest, but he had learnt in the past few days that he do not belong there.