Birthday Surprise Pt.1

EXO's High School Love Affairs

 

Kyungsoo POV: 

From: Kai 
Hey. Come to Sehun's house now. 

Sent: 
Why? 

From: Kai
Why what. Are you questioning me? 

Sent:
No! I was just wondering.. 

From: Kai
That's what I thought. Maybe I just want you to come over, you know how y Sehun is, no one likes to be with him. (Except Luhan.) When you come over look nice ok? 

Sent:
Don't I always look nice? (;

From: Kai
Yeah but Look nicer. Just look presentable. No sweats and . 

I was about to respond, 

From: Kai
Don't you dare ask why. 

I deleted my response.. 

Sent: 
...okay... 

Wait. HE THINKS I LOOK NICE?! My heart skipped a beat when I realized it. Kai probably didn't realize what he said. Kyungsoo! You're such a dumby! Kai?! KAI?! Liking YOU?come on Kyungsoo don't be this stupid. My mind was already buzzing and it was only 8:00. 
Gosh. 
I didn't know whether to be mad or happy he texted me. Well geez Kai! I mean suddenly on my nice Saturday morning I receive a rude awakening from my phone. 
You know what he set his text tone as?
Gwiyomi. 
He's such a child I swear sometimes. I don't know why he has the face of an adult and is respected so much when I'm stuck with a Pororo face and receive lollipops. I rolled myself out of bed and put on some nicer clothes. My classic ripped black jeans and then a white sweater with blue stripes. I brushed my teeth and did my hair, hurrying so Kai wouldn't bite my head off. I decided to ride my bike over, wanting to feel the nice breeze in my hair. I rang the doorbell and waited. I then knocked but there was no answer. 

Sent:
Kai get the door. 

From: Kai
Just come in stupid. 

Thanks.
I opened the door and walked in cautiously. Looking around for Kai, I soon realized he wasn't there. Neither was Sehun. I looked around the living room but everything was closed up. I put my hands in my hips. 

"Kai?! Are you here?!" No answer. 
"S-Sehun?!... S.. Kaiiiiiii?!!!!" I was scared Sehun would come up behind me and stab me with something. 

Ding!
"GAH!" I jumped hearing my phone ding, oh.. It's from Kai. 

From: Kai
Assuming you're inside by now- I could be wrong because you're slow-but assuming you're sharp today, to the kitchen counter and read the note. See you later Kyungsoo! 

Sent:
Wait what? 

Sent: 
Kai!

Sent: 
I don't get it! 

Sent:
Oh I found it. 

Sent:
Wait what?! Why?!?!? 

Sent:
I have to go to Chen's house? Why?! I'm here though! 

Sent:
Kai! 

Sent:
Kai.

Sent:
KAI!!!!!!! 

Sent: 
You smell like cheese. 

From: Kai
You smell like peaches.

Sent:
That wasn't An insult. Wait why am I going to Chen's? 

Sent:
UGH KAI. 

Sent:
Fine. Be that way. 

I shut my phone in a huff and made my way to Chen's house. My friendship with Kai... He's cold to me a lot but in a caring way. He's quick to insult me but also to bring me back up. Kai can be sweet when he needs to be, but were usually playfully bickering or joking with each other.. 
It's nice to have a friend like him. 

The note on Sehun's counter was a plain white paper,

'Kyungsoo-yah, 
Sorry we aren't here! You'll have to go to Chen's house. Be quick!
-Kai -Sehun' 

I knocked on Chen's door as well, no answer.

Sent: 
Kai no ones answering.. 

From: Kai
Just walk in.

I walked in to Chen's house smelling his familiar cinnamon and apple scented home. 
"Hyung!!" I called and when no answer came, so I looked around. I went into Chen's kitchen to find another note on the table. 

'Kyungie, sorry I'm not here! You'll have to go to the first place we met. See you soon! 
-Love Hyung and Xiumin. 
Ps. Bananas.'

The heck.. Well whatever, The first place we met? Elementary school? What?! Why were they doing this to me!!! It must be pick on Kyungsoo day.. 
"GAHH." I stuffed the second note into my pocket as I hopped on my bike, riding off to my old elementary school. 
Let's see.. I was getting beat up.. So.. I was outside.. Oh! The monkey bars. 
Ha. 
Ha. 
Haaaaaa. 
Bananas... Monkeys.. Wow. I shook my head and smiled at my best friends dry humor. Chen never ceased to amuse me and make me smile. Pulling up to the monkey bars- where I was first beat up- I saw a note hanging on the bar. 

'You found it!!!! GOOD JOB^^ HEHE. Okay it's my turn now! Go to my favorite drink. Yes. Go to it. GO!!!! 
-Luhan<(^-^)>' 

Luhan.. Hm.. Oh! Of course. He likes bubble tea! There was no question if I was wrong. I rode off into town, on my way to The BBTea Shop. I parked my bike in front of the shop and walked inside the door, hearing a 'ding' when the bell went off. 

"Hi, welcome to the BBTea Shop!" 
"Oh.. Uh hi.." I bowed my head slightly to the lady behind the counter. 
"Can I help you?"
"Actually I'm looking for something.."
"This??" She held up a bubble tea,
"It's melon flavored!" 
"Oh..actually um I'm looking for a note..."
"Oh yeah it's here." She turned it around revealing writing on the cup.  "Yes! Thank you! How much is it?" 
"Oh no! It's already paid for. Here you go!" 
"Thank you!" I bowed once more and stepped out of the shop. 
There were four different colored sharpie writings on it, so I read them in order- as well as I could since they were crooked. 

'Hey. I paid for your drink. Drink it. -Kris' 

'Please enjoy the drink! -Tao' 

'Drink slowly so you don't get a brain freeze! -Lay.' 

'KYUNGSOOOOOOOOOOO. Don't choke and Go back to Chanyeol's house. -Suho'  

So I have to go back?! This is taking forever. Why do I have to do this? I sat on my bike, sipping from my cold sweet bubble tea and taking out my phone. It was 9:23. 
"You guys owe me so much.." I whispered as I started my journey back to Chanyeol's house. I assumed I was just supposed to walk in- and no on answered the door- so I walked in and looked on the kitchen counter. There it was. 

'Hey Kyungsoo! You've done well! Go on ahead and ride back to Sehun's house. Feel free to freshen up here! -Chanyeol and Baekhyun(:' 

SGHSJSNSBSJSS. GAH! I looked at myself in the mirror and fixed my wind blown hair. Back to Sehun's house?
Why. 

Sent: 
Seriously Kai. 

From: Kai
Hurry up~

Sent:
I'm on my way. 

I dragged myself back on my bike- slightly sweating- and rode down the street to Sehun's. 

Sent: 
So just walk in or what. 

From: Kai 
(: 

..ok..I let myself in looking around. The blinds were shut and no one was there. 
"Okay seriously?" 
"SURPRISE!!!!!!" 
"What?! Woah!" Confetti flew around me as the light were switched on. 
"Happy birthday to you~ happy birthday to you~ happy birthday dear Kyungsoo~ happy birthday to you!!!!"
"Guys.." I looked at them, completely shocked, a smile plastered across all of our faces. Kai walked through the middle of the group with a small white cake. 
"Happy birthday D.O! Make a wish and blow out your candle!" Still in a daze, I blew out the candle. 
"Kyungsoo you look upset... Are you unhappy?" Luhan turned his head to the side. 
"Huh? No!!! It's just.. Thank you..I wasn't expecting this at all.." 
"Wait don't tell me you forgot?"
"What?" 
"You didn't forget your birthday did you?" Luhan widened his eyes at me, 
"Haha yeah actually... My parents never celebrated it with me." 
"Well we're celebrating it!! We have tons of things planned!!" Luhan beamed at me.
"Yeah all thanks to Kai and Chen here!" Sehun patted Kai's shoulder while Kai bumped elbows with Chen. 
"Sorry we sent you all around! We needed time to set up so we set notes up really quickly." Chen begged for mercy. 
"It was to creative though.. You guys this means a lot to me! Thank you... Um.. Excuse me one moment.." Everyone was there. Tao, Kris, Suho, Sehun, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Chen, Xiumin, Lay, Luhan and Kai. I hurried away to the bathroom, not being able to contain myself. I've always been a cry baby.  My cheeks were burning hot and my eyes stung. 
I forgot my birthday.. But Kai remembered.. I blushed even darker at the thought. I was so overwhelmed, so happy and excited.  I started crying in the bathroom. 

Knock knock! 

"Hey are you alright?" Kai's voice sounded clear as day through the door. 
"Um.." I cleared my throat, "Ahem.. Yeah! I'm fi- Fine." 
"Are you actually going to the bathroom or can I come in?"
"Um.. I'm not going but-" the door opened and shut before I finished my sentence. 
"You're a bad liar Kyungsoo." 
"Sorry.."
"No, that's a good thing. So why are you crying?" 
"Sorry.."
"Are you upset?"
"No! Like I said, I'm just really happy.. Um... I'm Sorry.."
"Why are you crying then?"
"I'm just so happy! Kai, really, Thank you so much.." I was past being embarrassed, I was just letting myself go.
"Hey.. Don't cry. You should be smiling." 
Kai touched me. 
Pulling me into a hug, I gasped slightly. 
"Don't cry. Come on, we have so much planned! It'll be great."
"Hah.." I wiped my eyes, Kai pulled back and ruffled my hair. He smiled at me, which made me smile back. 
"Let's go Kyungsoo." We opened the door to have Luhan almost fall into the bathroom. 
"OH MY GOOOOOOSHHHHHHH. YOU GUYS ARE SO CUTE. WAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!" Luhan smothered us with happiness. 
"Just date okay? Okay. GUYS! THEIR DATING!" Luhan skipped away happily, 
"Luhan!" I tried to stop him, but he insisted on making everyone laugh at us. When I looked at Kai, he was just smiling. He didn't seem bothered at all. I couldn't help but wonder why he didn't deny it. Kai bumped my shoulder and gestured me to follow him. 
"Come on."
"Why where are we going?" 
"The zoo." 
"The zoo?!"
"Yeah Kyungsoo! You always said you wanted to go to the zoo!!" Chen yelled to me from outside. 
"And plus, I want to see penguins. Haha.." Kai laughed as he started walking away.
"Hahahahahahahhahahaha!" Chen started laughing to pointing at me then giggling again.  
Penguins? 
"HEY. SHUT UP." I chased after them  laughing. I was so excited for the zoo!
Honestly,
I'm just happy to be with Kai.. 

An: hey sorry it ! But you know.. Whatever. The next chapter will be way better so don't loose hope!!!