Now That You Know..

EXO's High School Love Affairs

Baekhyun POV:
Sent: 
Hey, Chanyeol! Do you want to go out tonight? 

Ding! 
From: Chanyeol 
Message: 
Yeah! Kyungsoo is actually going to the mall with Kai, Chen and Xiumin. I was just about to call you! I can pick you up at 2~ Do you want to join?

Honestly? 

Sent: 
Sure! I'll see you then! 

No. 

I love going out with the guys, Sure, but I kinda just want to be alone with Chanyeol. No, I DO just want to be alone with Chanyeol. But, I really don't think he wants to be alone with me. 

Flashback: 
"I've been leaving little hints and he's not seeing it, Kyungsoo. Why is he so blind?!" I made myself into a star, sprawling across Kyungsoo's bed while Kai sat patiently, listening to me rant. I was in one of my weekly melt downs and this week, Kai and Kyungsoo had to sit through it. 
"I mean, I invited him out last week but nooo, we were all going out and he was 'just about to call me'..he never calls me. And it's only when I make plans does he say that!" I huffed, 
"He never wants to be alone!"
"Actually, Chanyeol's the one that asks us to go... We don't make plans initially." 
"So he just makes it up? He hates me that much? I'm just too fat and ugly for him.. Stupid Chanyeol!" 
"Hey hey.." Kyungsoo patted my back while I let out a frustrated growl into the pillow. 
"Ughhhh!!! I'm so irritated! Does he like me or not?!" I felt like I was sinking into the deepest quick sand. I didn't hate Chanyeol ever, even when we met, it was playful banter. We still do it all the time but we've just become 'that way'. I know we aren't 'official' but we're always together when we are with the group. We sit together, eat together, talk together, if one of us is missing someone will ask us, "hey, where's Baekhyun" or "where's Chanyeol?" Like we'd just know- which we always did. But maybe I was just wrong.. Maybe it was just my feelings getting in the way of me seeing that he just wants to be friends.. 
Maybe he's never thought anything of us together.. 
Maybe he doesn't like me. 

End of flashback. 

Baekhyun POV:
I just don't get it. I know he makes these up.. But why wouldn't he want to be alone with me? He's fine when we're with people.. I sighed and hopped in the shower. Chanyeol should be here in an hour. 
"Stupid Chanyeol." I mumbled as I stripped and started the shower. 
"Stupid stupid Chanyeol." I scowled and stepped into the hot shower, adjusting the temperature a little. I sighed and lathered my hair up, thinking to myself. Chanyeol always picks me up- and it's not in a car. He just walks over and we walk to Sehun's or Kyungsoo's or whoever's house. Chanyeol has a job and says he's saving for a car, but he doesn't talk much of how it's going. His mom is a stay home mom and his dad is rarely home- I know he has a good relationship with his father, and not his mother. I rinsed my hair and started scrubbing my body with a minty body wash. Once, I went to Chanyeol's house to meet him before we went to Sehun's, and him and his mother were fighting. I remember her saying, "Fine. Go live with your father in Pusan." Since then I've wondered if they're divorced, but I could never bring myself to ask.. And I didn't want to hear, "I'm moving to Pusan." I couldn't handle him leaving me.. After waiting so long to find someone I like this much.. 
"Baekhyun.." I said to myself as I popped open my mint conditioner and squirted it into my palm. 
"Park Chanyeol might not be gay." I rested my arm against the wall and placed my forehead to it, 
"You idiot.." I was mad at myself for ever getting my hopes up. 
'At least he's your friend', I thought.
'But you don't want to just be friends' I contradicted. 
'But you don't want to lose him.' 
'You can't lose what you never had.' 
"Ughh!!!" I sloppily rinsed my 'in-need-of-a-haircut' hair and stopped the shower, for some reason, I was angry. Angry at myself, angry at Chanyeol, angry at life. I towel dried my hair slightly and also my body while whipping open the door to my bedroom. 
"Oh you're fin-" 
"WHAT ARE YOU- WAIT DON'T LOOK!" I was so flustered at my body high and mighty in the sunshine that I fell over in the process of putting a towel on. 
"Woah!" I toppled over my desk and landed on my bum, I front of Park Chanyeol who was sitting on my bed. 
"WHY ARE YOU HERE." 
"It's almost 2.. And your mom let me in. Geez don't you ever cover yourself?" I rolled my eyes, finished tying the towel around my waist and stood up. I shook my hair as I opened my closet for clothes. Pulling out jeans, a t-shirt and underwear, I turned to Chanyeol, 
"Don't look." 
"Baby." 
"HEY. You're not the one here!  I am!" 
"I could be." 
"We're not going to be both ." 
"We could be.." 
"ert." I didn't know what else to say. His face was joking, but his voice wasn't. Everything coated in a thick layer of awkwardness, Chanyeol closed his eyes and I scrambled to get my underwear on with my back to him. I had almost finished pulling them up when- 
"Nice buns, Baekhyun." 
"ERT!" In my blue underwear, I went over to my bed where he was sitting and threw a pillow at him, beaning him in the face. 
"Ow!" 
"You deserved it!" 
"Can I call you 'Bun Baekhyun' now!"
"Hey!" 
"Or maybe, 'BaekBun'" 
"PARK CHANYEOL!" I reached across the bed for the pillow again but he pulled it from my grasp causing me to sprawl on the bed. 
"Loser!" Chanyeol playfully stuck his tongue out at me and smiled. 
That smile.. 
Poke. 
"Hey!" 
"Have you been eating anything? You're so boney.." 
Poke. 
Poke. 
"I'm fine!" 
Poke. 
"Quit poking me! It tickles!" 
"Oh really now?" 
"No!" 
Damn it anyways. 
Screw the fact that we're young adults. 
We were having a tickle fight. 
"Chanyeol stop it!! Hahaha!! St- haha! Don't!" 
"BaekBun's so ticklish! How did I my know?!" 
"Chanyeol! Hey! Haha! You! Haha!!!" My room was filled with laughter as we wrestled each other on my bed. Sooner or later, I was able to sit on Chanyeol and stratal him, one leg kn each side. 
"GOT YOU!" 
"Wow," we were both panting, 
"BaekBun's stronger that I thought!" 
"Don't call me that!" 
"You can call me something too then. Choose. Five seconds." 
"......."
"Two"
"Wait!"
"Four"
"Fi-"
"BUTTHOLE." 
"You really are a child BaekBun." He smiled up at me. It was then that I saw his eyes flicker down- and down- then back up at my face- then back down- and up again. 
I'm in my underwear... Sitting on Chanyeol.. I held in my scream but my eyes bulged on their own. 
"I-" 
"Baekhyun what's all that noise up h- oh.." Chanyeol lifted his head and i turned mine so we could see my mother standing in the door. 
"Do you ever knock?" 
"Sorry sweety.. I'll leave you two alone.." She awkwardly closed the door and walked away. I wasn't worried about it, but I'm half on Chanyeol- and that was another story. 
I quickly got off and yanked my pants and shirt on, my cheeks brushed with a pink color. 
"That was.." He started,
"It's okay." I tried to pretend like everything was fine and ignored what happened. 
"Do you think your mom will get mad?" 
"No haha, she knows I'm gay already so it's not like she'll care." 
I pretended to hard. 
The words, "I'm gay" flew out of my mouth like I was talking to Kai or Kyungsoo. 
Because they knew. 
Chanyeol doesn't know- didn't know.
"You're g-"
"Hey it's like 2:15 we should get going! The others are probably mad."
"Yeah..." I knew he was thinking about what I said. 
Maybe he thinks I'm disgusting now. 
Maybe he'll be repelled. 
It wouldn't surprise me. 
But Chanyeol followed me down the stairs and outside. We walked silently to Kyungsoo's house in the semi warm weather. I sighed a little too loud at the fact that I can't take back what I said.. 
"What's wrong?" We were only a few minutes away.. It just wasn't short enough for me to pretend like I didn't hear and not answer.. Because he'd ask again. 
"Nothing is wrong." 
Nothing really was wrong- just frustrating and confusing. I quickened my pace in hope that I could stop talking to him, I knew he would bring it up. 
I knew it.
Just one more house Baekhyun. Hurry. 
"It's okay you know." 
Right foot forward, Left foot forward, Right foot forward, Left foot forward.
"Sorry what?" I pretend not to hear him. 
Right foot, left foot. 
Right foot, left foot. 
"It's okay."
Right. 
Left. 
Right. 
Left. 
"W-what is?" 
Just one more step-
"To be gay." 
"Hey Baekhyun! Hi Chanyeol!" 
Too late. 
Chanyeol and I stood on the porch, looking at each other. Staring aimlessly into each other's eyes. Maybe he was trying to read me but I was just trying to pretend like he didn't say anything. 
"Baekhyun... Helloooo?" 
"U-uh hi! Sorry Chen." Chen made a puzzled face at me and shrugged. 
"Guys let's go!" He called inside the house to the others. We all started walking to the mall, the others chatting life away. I for once, was silent. I had nothing to say really. I usually always say my feelings. Like, 
'Im so happy!' Or 'I just feel sad' sometimes even, 'I feel like I'm a rain cloud.' But today, right now, if I was to express my emotion in words id say, 
'I'm in love.. An endless, horrible, frustrating thing called love.' 

But I didn't feel like talking. I didn't feel like doing much of anything. I didn't feel much of anything to be exact, I felt numb. 
 
"It's okay." 
"W-what is?"
"To be gay." 

"Hey Baekhyun are you okay?" 
"Huh? Oh! Yeah I'm fine!" 
"Liar. Tell me later ok?" Kyungsoo patted my shoulder. How Kai scored a guy this considerate and caring- I'll never understand. 
"By the way," he whispered into my ear, I had to strain to hear him over the loud crowd inside the mall,
"Chanyeol can't take his eyes off you." Maybe he was exaggerating, but when I looked up, I met Chanyeol's stare. I unintentionally gave him a sad look and fixed my gaze somewhere else. 

All the guys went into a store, but I didn't feel like shopping. They were trying on clothes and looking at fun things, but I didn't feel like having fun. 
"Hey I'm just gonna sit out side the store.." I told Chen- the loudest of them all. 
"Oh... Okay!" As I walked to the bench nearest to the store, I heard a voice. 
"Where's Baekhyun?" A deep, low voice. 
"He's outside the store." 
"Why?" Concerned and oh so familiar. 
"Dunno!" 
Chanyeol's. 
I sighed knowing he'd never be concerned in the way that Kyungsoo is concerned for Kai. Or care the way Luhan cares for Sehun. Or ooze out love the way Chen loves Xiumin. 
I sighed again and looked around. I suddenly realized a few girls who must have been waking towards me for a little. They were giggling and pushing one of their friends forward. She approached me smiling, I offered a friendly smile back. 
"H-hi.." 
"Hello." I waved to her. She turned around and all her friends put their thumbs up. I could tell she liked me. 
"U-um.. I'm Jaewon.."
"I'm Baekhyun. Nice to meet you!" 
Now look.
I wasn't trying to lead her on. 
She looked super young anyways. 
But I'm not rude. I was just being nice. 
"Ah, Nice I meet you too!" She bowed to me nervously. 
"What year are you?"
"Third year, and you?" Her eyes smiled with joy, 
"Third also!" 
"Yah! Byun Baekhyun!" Chanyeol's voice called out to me, Jaewon and i both turned our heads. I stood up, now seeing that I towered over Jaewon- as well as Chanyeol. Even before he reached us I could tell he was upset about something- and he never gets upset. 
"Chanyeol, this is Jaewon. Jaewon this is Chanyeol." 
"Ah! Nice to meet you." She bowed to him. 
"Jaewon is a third year." I could tell Chanyeol was judging her already. 
"Baekhyun, can I have your number?" 
"Shouldn't you call him 'Sunbaenim?' Don't you know it's rude not to show your elders respect?" Chanyeol's tone of voice was patronizing. 
"What?" 
"He's a third year in high school. He graduates in a few weeks."
"Eh!? You're a third year in high school?! But you look so young!" 
"I'm sorry, I should have cleared that.."
"Baekhyun let's go."
"Chanyeol don't be rude.."
"Let's go." He grabbed my wrists and gave is a light squeeze. 
Something was really wrong. 
"Sorry Jaewon. Maybe another time. I'll probably see you around at the opening ceremony for first years.. Bye!"
"Ah! Thank you! Goodbye!" She bowed again and ran off to her friends. I turned to Chanyeol, 
"Now Chanyeol-"
"She obviously likes you don't go leading girls on who don't have a chance."
"Hey you're making me sound like a jerk." 
"You wouldn't like a girl though, right?" 
"I..."
"Right?"
"Chanyeol!" His eyes began to  flood with tears, almost about to spill out. 
"What's wrong?!" I tool a breath, unable to say anything, instead he but his lip and pulled me down the walk way in the mall and into the men's bathroom, slamming and locking the handicapped-extra big- bathroom behind us. 
"Chan-"
"AH..." Chanyeol let out the loudest wail and fell into my arms, letting his tears run wild, sniffling and shaking. 
My arms automatically flung around him, 
"Hey.. Hey.. Shh.. What's wrong hmm? What's the matter?" 
"My parents are g.. Getting d-divorced." 
"What? Oh Chanyeol!" I squeezed him tighter. 
So they weren't divorced. 
"I mean.. I s-saw it coming.. But I-I didn't think.. You kn-know? B..Baekhyun?"
"Yes?"
"I have to move to Pusan.. My mother doesn't w-want me and my father is th-there so.." He started getting choked up again until he broke again and starting wailing legend louder, still in my arms. 
"I don't want to go! Not now! N-not after I f-found out!" 
"Found out what?" I kept my voice smooth and calm while rubbing his back. 
"I-I have a chance w-with you."