Take A Chance

EXO's High School Love Affairs

Baekhyun POV:

"Now that I have a chance with you." 
The words 'chance' and 'with you' circulated in my mind while I laid in bed. 
Does this mean he loves me? 
No way.. Maybe just likes? 
What if he was just kidding? 
He isn't that cruel. 
But moving to Pusan... I looked over at my clock, 
2:05 AM 
"" I cursed as I got out of bed and put on a sweater and some pants. I threw on a jacket and quietly crept down the stairs, trying not to wake my mom. I slowly opened the door to the cool air and left the house. 
Ring ring... 
I can't believe I'm doing this. 
Ring ring... 
What's gotten into me? 
Ring ring... 
I'm crazy. Maybe I should just- 
"Hello?" Too late. 
"I'm coming over. Meet me outside."
"What? Now? Okay.. Don't come so far, I'll meet you half way." 
"Okay, hurry." I hung up the phone, a little shocked with myself. 
What the hell Baekhyun!? What are you going to say when he gets here?? 
Who cares. I have to tell him! I looked up at the stars as I walked in the dimly lit road. It was always hard to see them in a city.. I love Chanyeol with all my heart, and I will make sacrifices for him. If he loves me back- no, don't get ahead of yourself Barkhyun. Just be patient. Another 5 minutes, it won't kill you to wait. 
I took a deep breath and sighed, 
"I'm going insane." 
"Who's going insane?" 
"Chanyeol.." I saw the latter walking towards me, looking like he jogged for a while. 
"What's wrong?" Chanyeol came so close to my face I could see his eyelashes that incased his chocolate eyes. 
"Ha.." I scoffed, "everything.." 
"Let's talk about it then."
"I don't know where to start.." I suddenly felt uneasy and my heart felt bitter. I was prepared to start crying because I knew it would happen. These feelings I've held inside me for too long, just watching his face everyday... 
"Baekhyun you're crying.." 
"Oh." I sniffled and shoved my hands in my pockets. 
"Why don't you start with telling me why you asked me to come out. You sounded really upset." 
"I.." My whole body froze. 
"Baekhyun?"
"I just.." I swallowed hard as my heart started to race. 
It's now or never Baekhyun. Literally. 
"I love you!" After I blurted it out, I took a step back and had to wonder if I really said it. But I did. 
"Y-"
"I love you! Ha! I said it." I felt so good and so relieved, it was amazing.
"I BYUN BAEKHYUN LOVE YOU PARK CHANYEOL.  DO YOU HEAR ME NEIGHBORS?!" 
"Baekhyun Baekhyun shhhh.."
"Chanyeol." I looked at him and ran into his arms, 
"I love you. I have for so long and.. GAH damn it anyways, you are not leaving me! Even if you don't love me, you aren't leaving me. I will lock you in a cage and throw away the key. Just don't go." Butterflies flooded my stomach as I just let my feelings pour out. It felt so good and for the first time, I felt free. 
"I don't have anywhere to go if I stay.. But I can't tell you one thing," Chanyeol lifted my face from his chest, and in one swift movement,
He kissed me. 
"I love you too." 
"Chanyeol.." I returned to squeezing him even harder, wailing,
"Don't gooooo!! Please!"
"Shh... It's okay.. We'll be ok." I could hear his voice start to break and his body began to shake- a sign he was crying. 
"No! You know what? You're living with me." 
"Baekhyun wait now-"
"You are going to live with my mom and I. She likes you anyways! We even have a separate room! It's not like it'll be crowded.. I mean if you want space I can always go down stairs or you can or I mean.. Well-"
"Baekhyun." Chanyeol kissed me with his warm lips again, probably to shut me up. 
"If I'm going to live with you, I'm not staying in a guest room." 
"Oh.."
"I'm going to have to sleep in your room.. And if you want space, you won't be getting any. I'm going to smother you 24/7 and you're going to like it and live with it." 
"Oh-okay.." I could live with that. 
"I'll talk to my parents tomorrow, make sure you speak with your mom.. Come on, I'll walk you home!" He smiled a huge smile and put his arm around me, and we started walking home. 
 
"Goodnight Baekhyun."
"Goodnight Chanyeol."
"I'll call you tomorrow after I speak with my parents, okay?"
"Okay!" I started to sneak inside, 
"Hey! BaekBun!"
"Huh?"
"I love you." Chanyeol smiled and ran off, dashing down the road back to his house. 
I love you too, you idiot. 
 
I would have thought it was a dream.. Until Chanyeol text bombed me the next morning. 
 
'Good morning! Xoxo'
'How are you? <3' 
'Awww my precious BaekBun is still asleep? Xoxo' 
'Maybe you're just ignoring me?? <3' 
'If you're ignoring me, I will storm over there!' 
'Asking my parents!' 
'Wish me luck xoxo <3!' 
'I love you <3' 
 
My eye started twitching, so many hearts and xoxo's.... 
"Oh!" I sprang out of bed and ran down stairs, 
"MOM?!"
"Woah! What, yes?"
"Chanyeol's parents are getting divorced and he had to move to Pusan but I said he could live with us and I promise he won't take up too much space or cause you too much trouble I'll even eat less to save money and I'll shower less to save water and I'll even use candles to save electricity but he can't go because I'm in love with him and he loves me too so I mean you don't want your son being sad do you? I'm not trying to bribe you, well maybe a little but come on please mom?!!!"
"Well Baekhyun-"
"Ughhh it's not fair!"
"Hey-"
"I'm so depressed!" 
"Baekhyun sweety.." My mom started to laugh, 
"What.."
"I never even said no! Of course he can stay with us. You don't need to cut back on anything either, we'll be fine. Go ahead and give him the ok, your phones been buzzing non stop." 
"YES! Thank you mom! I love you I love you!!!!" I hugged her quickly then ran back upstairs. 
 
"HOLY CRAP! 32 MISSED CALLS?" 
'32 missed calls: Park Chanyeol' 
Of course. 
Ring ring! 
"Ah! Hello?"
"Why didn't you ans-"
"SHE SAID YES!"
"Mine did too!" 
"AHHHHH!!!" 
"When should I bring my things?!"
"NOW!" We sounded like teenage girls over the phone, but I didn't care. He makes me happy. 
"I'll be over soon!"
"Kay!"
"Love you~"
"Love you too~~" my heart felt like it was about to explode. 
I knew this was real life but this is just crazy! I dashed into the shower and then hurried to dry myself.
Gotta look good for the boy- 
Wait. 
Does this mean we're dating... 
I mean he never asked me out.. 
But we both love each other. 
I mean if he didn't ask then we're not official yet... 
But I mean he's living with me.. 
But I mean-
"Sweety, Chanyeol's here!" I spit out my tooth paste and ran down stairs. 
"Chanyeol!" 
"Hi!" I called out the door. It took us less than 10 minutes to get his things into my room. Chanyeol and I hung out in my room, moving furniture and placing his things while my mom spoke with his parents. We could hear them laughing every now and then, so we assumed it was all good. 
"Ah~" we plopped on my bed and just took it all in.
"Hey Chanyeol.."
"Hmm?" 
"U-um.. Are we dating?" 
"Hahaha!" 
"Uh.." 
Why did he laugh. 
"Don't laugh! I was being serious!" I got up and started to walk away, 
"Hey Byun Baekhyun!" The way he calls my full name.. 
"I was laughing because you're silly. Of course we're dating. What made you think otherwise?"
"Eh?! Well.. You never asked so I.."
"Then, Byun Baekhyun." He took my hands and knelt down.
I was so embarrassed.. Damn it! Why'd I ask!? 
"Ah! It's ok!" 
"Will you be my boyfriend?"
"Yes but get up! It's embarrassing.." 
"Awww poor baby.." Chanyeol cooed while embracing me. 
"Shut up!"
"You know something?" 
"W-what?" 
"I'm really happy."
"Why?"
"Because every morning, I get to wake up to these." Chanyeol gripped my with his hands, 
"Hey!"
"My little BaekBun." 
"Ya! Park Chanyeol!" 
"Hehehe.."
He chased me around the room and we laughed wildly. 
You know something Chanyeol? 
I'm really happy. 
I get to wake up to you every morning, and that's more than enough. 
 
Kai POV: 
"It's dangerous that you followed me here." 
"I just wanted to come with!" Kyungsoo decided to follow me into my 'home'. I needed a few things. 
"Kyungsoo." 
"Whatttt?" He was so damn needy.  
I loved it. 
"Come here.."
"No- wait! Ka-" his lips always tastes sweet and they were so soft. 
"Kai! What if someone sees us?!" 
"Then I guess it's a treat for them."
"Maybe this is why I get made fun of in school.." Kyungsoo murmured to himself. 
"You what?" 
"Nothing! Heheh...." 
"Who's making fun of you?" 
I'll make them pay.