Call Me Kai

EXO's High School Love Affairs

Kyungsoo POV:
I'm Do Kyungsoo. I attended Seoul high school as an eleventh grader. I'm extremely shy, and if it wasn't for my friends, i may be a hermit. 
Kim Jongdae- Chen- is my best friend. We met in kindergarten when I was being bullied and he promised to protect me. One day he ended up stepping on my lunch. So we shared that day and have always shared our lunch since. I don't know why but we do. I eat his kimchi and cabbage and he eats my meat and soup. That's just how it goes. 
I then met Park Chanyeol when he had too big of feet and not a big enough body- which was definitely fixed- and stepped on my foot. We were in middle school then. He's very friendly so it was easier for me to become friends with him.
Kim Suho i met through Chanyeol. He was also friendly! In a different way though, he just buys you anything. But his personality is still good. Tao and Xiumin were from China. Tao moved here with his family and so did Xiumin. Xiumin is Korean but also speaks Chinese, so when he moved, he met Tao and they became friends. I don't know how we became friends.. But we are!  

"Oof!" Tao ran into someone in the lunch line, Oh Sehun to be exact. 
"Aren't you going to say sorry?!"
"Huh?.." 
"Stupid loser. Say. Sorry. You bumped into me!" Tao couldn't understand, but I knew he was really scared. He was being yelled at and couldn't understand. Sehun should be saying sorry anyways.
"Say sorry!" Everyone's eyes were on the situation. I was about to say something but then I heard something I couldn't understand. 
"Tā yào nǐ shuō shēng duìbùqǐ."
(He wants you to say sorry.) Kris, a friend of Sehun and also a Chinese student spoke to Tao. Tao's eyes lit up in relief and also tears. 
"YiFan! Dàn wǒ tā zhuàngle wǒ.."
(YiFan! But he ran into me..)
"Bùyào jiào wǒ yī fán." 
(Don't call me YiFan.) 
"He says you ran into him." He looked back at Sehun who had a cross look on his face. 
"I didn't. So say sorry." 
"Zhǐshì shuō 'joesonghaeyo."
(Just say 'I'm sorry')
"J..jasonghaeyo..?"
(I..I'm sorry..?) (should be Joesong not Jason.) 
"Stupid. You can't even apologize right." 
"YiFan!" Tao. Grabbed onto Kris' arm. Surprisingly, instead of shaking him off, he gently slipped out of his grasp. But in a harsh tone he snapped at Tao again. 
"Bùyào jiào wǒ yī fán!" 
(Don't call me YiFan!) 
"You're so stupid." Sehun glared at Tao who had clung to Kris. 
"Hey. Don't call him stupid! He has perfect grades, but he just can't speak Korean. He's Chinese so what did you expect? And you bumped into him!" The fire had escaped my mouth before I could douse it with stupidity and carefulness. 
"Wow you're brave. What if I just beat you up right here? Would you cry? Awww wahhh~" 
"Just leave him alone." 
"You think you're really something, huh?"
"You do too." The lunch room gasped, even my friends gasped.
This was completely out of my character. 
"Hah." 
Splash! 
"Wh.." I had just gotten chocolate milk splashed on my shirt. 
"Don't talk to me like that. You should kn-"
"Come on Sehun. Let's go. I want to eat." Kai spoke without looking at anyone in the most delicate, whispered tone and began walking to his table. Sehun rolled his eyes and set me down, following orders and retreating to their table. Once they started talking- all but Kai- the cafeteria began murmuring about what had happened. I scoffed and grabbed another milk then I set my lunch down at my table.
His name is Kim Jongin. but everyone calls him Kai- well the ones he actually speaks to. Others won't even look him in the eye. Out of his five friends, everyone is most afraid of him. They don't even have to wear uniforms. No one knows why, but there's a rumor that one of Kai's friends is the step son to the vice principal- I guess connections. Kai is the leader of their group, but also carries the 'don't give a why you're here- why am I here anyways' sort of expression. No one messes with him because he's unpredictable, they don't know what he'll do. 
"Hey, Chen, I'll be right back. I'm going to go try to get this milk out of my shirt."
"Oh okay~ need help?"
"I got it." I walked away, shuffling down the hall into the bathroom. Everyone was at lunch, so I just took my shirt off. The whole front of my shirt had milk on it, plus my undershirt. There was simply nothing else I could but try to wash it out. 
Completely shirtless, I took some paper towels and dabbed the chocolate stain. My mother will kill me. I was so busy washing my clothes, I didn't hear the door open. I jumped out of my skin when a shirt was dropped over my head. By the time I pulled the shirt off my face, the door was just closing. I quickly opened it and looked but no one was there. Receding into the bathroom, I looked at the shirt. It was a little larger than mine, but I assumed someone face it to me to wear, and I really had no other choice. So I put on the white shirt. It smelled like ginger cookies- sweet and warm. I hurried back to lunch and scarfed down my food. 
Chen had disappeared, I knew because he wasn't talking. He suddenly reappeared, slamming his hands on the table.  
"Oh my GOSH Kyungsoo!"
"What." 
"Do you know who's shirt that is?!"
"No..I don't, someone just gave it to me." Chen leaned in from across the table, 
"It's Kai's!" 
"Huh?" I seized my chewing. 
"Yeah! After the big explosion -which he was totes checking you out- you went to the bathroom. Then Kai got up and I was like 'hmm this is weird, what's he up to.' I assumed he was following you, I was like hmm am I right? But then again, I'm always right, hah! Well usually, I was wrong once but that was for the best be-
"Okay, Chen. Get to your point." 
This is Chen.  
Gossiper, chatter box, tweety bird that won't shut up, Chen. 
"Well. I followed him with my awesome skills and he went to his locker and pulled out his shirt! Then he went into the bathroom for like 2 seconds and the came back without his shirt. He gave it to you!!" 
"What." You're kidding?
"Wow.. So lucky!!!" Suho- the richest man- exclaimed while patting my head. 
"Are you two friends or something?"
"No! With him? No way.." 
"Well he seemed to be flustered when Sehun splashed his milk on you." 
"Hey Kyungsoo, Tao says thank you." Xiumin had been speaking with the shaken up Tao. I just smiled at him and waved, which seemed to make him feel better. 
"Geez hyung, you don't need to freak out..." He pouted then shifted his eyes behind me, 
"OH! Em. Gee! Kyungsoo don't move."
"Why?" I got nervous, was Sehun back for his revenge?
"Because Kai is staring at you." 
"Want to know why?"
"Why?"
"I have to tell you guys something," Suho, Chanyeol, Tao, Xiumin and Chen all leaned in. 
"Because... I'm y." The whole table bursted out laughing at me.
"YOU ARE NOT Y!" Chanyeol blurted out. Everyone was staring at us, and everyone knew I had called myself y- I was the only one not laughing and was beat red. 
"Hey, Kyungsoo, turn around." 
I gently turned my head around to meet eyes with Kai who was looking at me from his table. I snapped my head back. 
"HAHAHAHAHHAHA." My table laughed again, 
"Man.. You so like him." It's no that.. It's just that, Kai is different. At least he seems different. Everyone is so scared of him, but I'm not. He's  mysterious, and I want to know more about him. 
More than I know now. 

Actually, Kai doesn't seem too bad. He's better then Sehun, Kris and Baekhyun. Sehun is always rowdy and rude. Baekhyun is y and girly. Kris is arrogant and pessimistic. His other friends, Luhan and Lay are more laid back.  Luhan is actually nice and so it Lay. I know because once Luhan ran into me, he bowed and apologized. 
Bowed. 
And apologized. 
Lay is just nice in general, he's polite. But Kai, I just don't kn-
Pew! Chen had chucked a piece of paper at me during english class. I jumped out of my seat a little. 

'Wake up. Pay attention and stop thinking about Kai.'  I blushed deeply at the name Kai. 

'I hate you. Shut up. Go die.' I chucked it back at him. He chucked it back over to me,
'Pretend I'm kai.' I looked over to him and mouthed 'what?' But he had his hand raised. 
"Chen?"
"How do you say saranghae in English?"
"I love you."
"Oh." He looked over to me, 
"I love you~" 
"What..?" His lips were already in a grin but they only turned upwards more into a laugh. When I finally realized what he meant, I had to laugh too. 
'Pretend I'm kai. I love you.' 
The whole class laughed in an amused way, knowing Chen is always joking around. Even the teacher laughed. Chen is good with people, he's bright and funny. I don't know why he chose me to be his best friend, I'm just glad he did. When I peaked over to Kai sitting by the window, his eyes were looking up at the clouds. It was almost like he was in his own world, and no one else could enter. The bell rang for the end if the day. I was just walking out of the gates to wait for Chen when a hand smacked my . 
"Hey!" I turned around to see my harasser.
"Hey~" Chen smiled at me and laughed. 
"Oh. Hi, let's go." Chen walks me to the bus, then goes his own way. We then text each other to make sure we got home alright, I think that's what best friends do..? Lately though, Chen has been with Xiumin a lot. Chen has this overwhelming crush on Xiumin, but Xiumin doesn't know how he feels yet. Yes that means Chen confessed. He's just so chattery how could he not?! I think Xiumin likes Chen, but he just won't tell him, that's what I hope at least. 

'I think Xiumin likes you.' 
'I hope so.. But let's not talk about this anymore. Okay? I'm fine with being friends. Are you home?' 
'Im home now. See you tomorrow Chen!'   
'I'm home too. Bye!' 

I closed my phone. At home, I made dinner, studied and then slept- to my best ability. I even washed Kai's shirt when I did mine. And I also confirmed it was his. 
Kim Jongin was written in marker on the tag. I just wondered why he did that for me.. He doesn't even know me. It smelled like me now, sweet peaches. I love peaches. Hehe.. 
In the morning, I ate my simple breakfast and put on my own shirt. I folded his and put it into a nice bag with a peach. I was taught that a nice 'thank you' comes with a nice gift. Since peaches are my favorite, I gave him one. I didn't see Kai all day. He must have been sick or something. 
"Bye Chen!"
"Bye Kyungsoo!" I waved to Chen. 
"Is this your bus?" I turned my head and my smile faded into an open mouth. 
"Um.. Yeah.." 
"Oh." Kai stepped onto the bus and even though I was puzzled, it was my bus so I stepped on too. 
I sat down in the back, then Kai sat next to me. My shoulders were stiff and I couldn't breathe.
He was next to me. 
Why? 
Why?!? 
"Oh! Ahem.." I cleared my throat,
"I have this.." I pulled out the paper bag with his shirt in it and gave it to him. 
"It's your shirt... Thank you." 
"A peach..?" I sniffed it. 
"Oh! Yeah.. I like peaches so I gave one to you." 
"I don't like peaches."
"What?!" I spazzed out a little more than i meant to, but Kai remained Unphased. 
"I've never had one." 
"Oh.. Then how do you know you don't like them?" He just shrugged his shoulders. 
"Why are you on this bus anyways?" 
"I'm going to Sehun's house. He lives this way." 
Ding! I felt my phone go off. 
"Oh I see." 
"He isn't always that way." I took a second to figure out what he meant by that. 
"Oh.. Oh yeah.." 
"He's actually not bad once you know him." 
"Maybe so, but I don't expect to get to know him."
"Why not?"
"You're asking ME why not? He would never have a nice conversation with me. Actually I don't even know why you are even talking to me, shouldn't you be pulling my hair or throwing milk at me too?" Kai's face fell a little. This was the first time I had ever seen his emotions change, even in the slightest bit. 
"Sorry.. I got worked up." 
"It's cool."
My phone dinged again. 
"So why did you give me your shirt? We haven't even met." 
"It wasn't your fault for standing up for your friend. And I don't wear my uniform, so I just gave it to you. But thanks for giving it back.. So what does a peach taste like?" I thought about his previous statement then proceeded to answer his question.
Ding! 
"It's sweet and yummy! It's so fresh, it tastes like the sun.." 
"You can't taste the sun so how do you know it taste like it?" 
"Because.. Well.. The sun is warm and it makes you feel happy. Peaches make me feel warm and happy. That's why." 
"Good enough.. How do I eat it..?" 
"You just wash it and bite into it." 
"I can eat the furry stuff?"
"Yep!" 
"Oh.." Kai looked at the peach, amazed. 
"Hey, all my friends are meeting at Sehun's house. Want to come?"
"Me? Why." 
"I don't know. I don't want you to think so poorly of them."
Ding! "And in eating this, so if this pink fuzz ball is actually poison, I'm going to make sure you take a bite so we both die." The words were joking but Kai looked serious. It made me shyly smile.
"Haha.. Okay.. Well I don't know."
Ding!
"Just come. It's fine." 
"You sure?"
"Yep." 
"Okay.." We got off the bus. The are was right around where I lived. 
"Wait, he lives HERE?!" 
"Yes..?"
"I live there!" I pointed down the street. My house was across the street and 5 homes down from Oh Sehun. 
"Oh geez.." 
"Yeah.." We approached the door.
"By the way, I'm Kim Jongin. You can call me Kai."
'Call me Kai' he's telling me to call him Kai! Inside my heart was laughing at me, pulling at my emotions. 
"I'm Do Kyungsoo."
"Kyungsoo?"
"Yes..?"
"That's long.. I'll call you.. D.o."  
"'D' 'O'?" 
"In English it spells your last name. So D.o, Let's go inside." He turned the door handle and walked inside, I followed right behind him. 
Chen, help me.