A New Friend- Friends.

EXO's High School Love Affairs

Kyungsoo POV: 
"Aye! Kai is her- um. Kai who's that?" To my disappointment, Kai shrugged his shoulders,
"His name is Kyungsoo."
"Are you friends?" I got my hopes up, but really what was I expecting? We just met. 
We aren't friends.. Then Kai spoke again,
"I don't know, I found him interesting." My stomach started to tingle. He found me interesting? I'm as dull as you can get, but I felt a little better. 
"Well ok, hi Kyungsoo! I'm Baekhyun." 
"Oh.. Hi.." I bowed shyly. Baekhyun only smiled and walked away to round up more of Kai's friends. 
Baekhyun didn't seem like a outside of school.. 
"Guys, this is Kyungsoo." Baekhyun announced while referring to me. Kai and I were still in the door way, four guys flooded around us. 
"Is he Kai's friend?" 
"Haha, Kai says he doesn't know. But he found him 'interesting.'" I glanced up at Kai who was standing looking bored as hell. Stoned faced. 
"Well I'm Luhan!" Luhan eagerly waved to me and I bowed. 
"I'm Lay." 
"I'm Kris- which you know." Kris still seemed arrogant, but with a slightly different aura. 
"Kris stop trying to be so cool." Baekhyun crossed his arms and gave him a warning look,
"Come in!" Luhan's bright smile made me want sun glasses. I slowly and cautiously followed Kai into the living room. We sat next to each other on the couch with Baekhyun. Luhan and Kris were across from us while Lay was in his own world, eating something in what I assumed was the kitchen in the other room. 
"Guys, sorry I couldn't find the movie let's just go o- why the are you here?" Sehun had entered the room and when he looked up, the first thing he saw was me. My palms began to sweat, remembering our incidents of yesterday. I was still in my uniform, unlike the rest of the group. 
I felt out of place. 
I was out of place. 
When Sehun started approaching me, my first response was to hide. I had no where to go! Being an introvert with occasional outgoing and clever moments- I wasn't having a moment. Instead, I grabbed onto something with my hand, turning my head with the assumption I would be socked in the face. 
"Sehun cool it." 
"Hyung! Why did you bring him to my house?!" I noticed how Sehun called Kai 'hyung', not 'Kai.' It was natural for friends to do that.. But the fact that Sehun was showing respect to Kai was amazing. Actually, all the members teased each other at school but left Kai out of it. Once in a while, they'd tease Kai but only when it would appeal to his humor- if he had humor that is. He always seemed unamused and blank. Baekhyun stood up and started nagging Sehun,
"Sehun! SIT DOWN! YOU'RE SCARING HIM HALF TO DEATH." I then realized I was grabbing something warm and hard. Then I realized my eyes were still squeezed shut. When I opened them, the embarrassment was unreal. Looking up, all I saw was Kai's back. That could only mean one thing- I was hiding behind him. I released my grip on Kai and awkwardly looked at him in the eyes. Kai was already watching me with this expression on his face. It wasn't what the and it wasn't worried. It was more.. Amused and trying to look into my soul and was succeeding. I felt incredibly uncomfortable none the less. 
"I-I'm sorry.." I bowed to Kai as politely as I could and then I quickly stood up- a little too quickly seeing as I almost toppled over. Kai's reflexes amazed me. In less than two seconds of me realizing I was wavering, he caught my arm and stabilized me. 
"S-sorry.." I bowed again, lowing my eyes. In times like these, I wish I was a girl so my hair covered my cheeks.. Because they were burning hot. You could have fried an egg on it and burned it in three seconds. 
Literally. 
"U-um. I have to go." I turned to Sehun, not looking up at all and bowed deeply- even though I was older than he was. He still had my fear. 
"Th-thanks for um.. Having me.." Wiping my sweaty palms on my pants, I cleared my throat and started walking out of the living room. I heard whispering and smacking in the background as I opened the door. 
"Sehun! You're so rude!" 
"Well, why is he here?!?"
Smack!
"Ow! What the heck hyung!"
"Don't you what the heck hyung me! Go apologize!" I opened the door and walked out, feeling ashamed i ever once thought I could be friends with Kai. 
What was I thinking?
"YOU!" My eyes flashed up to see an angry Chanyeol and Chen running toward me. When they got closer I could see Chen wad crying. Then to make everything even more confusing, I heard my name being called from Sehun's house. 
"Kyungsoo! Come back!" I turned around and saw Luhan calling me, but suddenly I was smacked upon the head. Everything was happening too fast. 
"YOU." 
"OW. What?!" Chanyeol's eyes looked furious.
"Where is your phone?"
"What?"
"GIVE ME YOUR ING PHONE." I scrambled to take it out only for Chanyeol to yank it from me. 
"Hmph. 28 messages. 12 missed calls."
"What?! That many?"
"All from Chen!" Chen was sobbing and threw his arms around me. His crying was so pitiful, all the hiccups and sniffs. 
"STUPID! I thought something b-bad happened to you!" By that time, Kai's friends had approached me and were now watching the scene. 
I felt awful. 
"I'm sorry Chen.. I'm so sorry! I was just.. Busy.."
"You couldn't just send me an 'im busy' text?! I thought you were and murdered or something!"
"Chen.." I tried to hush him with Kai's friends listening. 
"I hate you!" Chen smacked me- yes another smack- on the arm. It stung but then he bear hugged me again, sobbing his heart out. 
"Stupid Kyung... You made me so worried! Ahhh haaaaaa.. Aaahhhhhh...." 
"Hey, Chen I'm okay now. See?" I had been to wrapped up, I forgot to tell Chen I wasn't home yet. Chen looked at me with his round eyes, his eyelashes were wet with tears. 
"I'm sorry. I won't make you worry again, I promise." I looked over at Chanyeol who was standing with his arms crossed, looking at the six other guys. 
"Aww his he okay?" Baekhyun pushed through and patted Chen on the back. 
"Poor thing.." I kept forgetting Baekhyun was actually a feminine guy. 
"He's fine." Chanyeol snapped at him, making Baekhyun pout a little.
"Do you want something to drink? You must be dehydrated from crying so much. Look at you, your eyes are all red and puffy! I have eye cream in my bag. Come here." I couldn't believe how much Baekhyun was babying Chen- and how Chen was letting him. But Chen is a moocher- okay not a moocher but he does like attention and he was surely getting it. 
"H-hey! Wait! ... Don't touch him!" Chanyeol ran off to Chen, probably wanting to go with but trying to be stubborn. I sighed, then sulked down into a squaring position. Wiping me eyes, my hair was ruffled. I looked up to see Luhan smiling at me. 
"Hey, were going to a movie. Wanna come? Your friends can come too." 
"I don't know if that's a good idea." I knew Sehun was listening, despite his 'this is so stupid' look. 
"Sehun has something to say." Luhan shoved Sehun towards me. I stood up. 
"Sehun go ahead." Luhan gently brought his hands together and waited for Sehun to speak. When he didn't, Luhan was quick to kick him in the but. 
"Sehun." He sounded a little scary even though he was smiling. 
Creepy. 
"Sorry. You can come."
"Sehun" Luhan spoke in an expecting tone while Sehun only rolled his eyes. 
"OH SEHUN!" 
"I'm sorry for the milk too. Please come with us." He looked pained. 
"Sooo? What do you say?" Luhan poked my belly playfully. 
"Haha.. Well I guess.." Chen walked out with a juice box before Chanyeol and Baekhyun came out arguing. I smiled at my friends,
"Hah.. I see Chen doesn't mind." 
"It starts at 6:00 and it's only 4:00.. So we still have like an hour and a half until we should go down to the theater. So were going to grab food first."
"Oh, great. I'm going to go and change then.." My home was so close. 
"Okay!" 
"I'm coming with you." Kai walked over to me with his hands in his pockets. Seeing my puzzled and emotionless face, be swung his shoulders side to side, gently bumping me. 
"Hey, wake up. Let's go." 
"Oh-oh! Yeah. Okay.." I turned around wand started walking down the street. When we got to my house, I let Kai inside. My bedroom was always in order so I didn't have to worry about that- thankfully. Kai sat down on my bed as I opened my drawers. I pulled out my black ripped skinny jeans and my sleeves white shirt with tassels hanging down from the front. It was the first time any of them would see me with out a uniform- so I may as well weary favorite and best outfit. 
"Um...."
"What."
"I'm gonna change..." 
"Okay.?" Kai sat there and stared at me. 
"You're watching me.." 
"Were both guys, it's not like you have anything I don't have. And I saw you shirtless in the bathroom." 
Awkward moment. 
"Uh.. Oh.okay... Um.. Ahem.." I cleared my throat and turned side ways, ing my shirt slowly with shaky hands. Then I took off my undershirt to expose my white upper body. I then took off my pants, exposing my white legs and..

"HAHAHAHA..." I quickly shoved my legs into my pants and pulled them up over my underpants. 
"Shut up!" I went and rested my head on the wall in shameful embarrassment. Kai snorted, 
"Pororo? Oh my gosh, what's this!" I turned around to see Kai lifting up my bed sheets. 
"STOP!" 
"PAHA! Pororo bed sheets? Oh man..." I had to admit, it was cheesy, dorky and plain out sad. 
"The first thing you choose to laugh at is me?!"
"Huh?"
"Well you never laugh.."
"Yes I do too. But only things that I find funny."
"So you find me funny?" Kai stood up and stood closer to me,
"Your at least."
"Ahem.." I stood up as tall as I could and stepped back, 
"We. Will never. Ever. Speak of this again." 
 With that, I marched down stairs, throwing on my shirt, then shoes and walking out the door, not waiting for Kai although I knew he was right behind me. When I got back to Sehun's house, none of the friends said anything. But their faces said they were impressed. 
"Wow Kyungsoo! You look cute." Chen came and grabbed my arm. 
"Cute?" 
"No matter what you do, you can't look hot. Not with those anyhow.." 
"CHEN." 
"You saw them too?!" Chen eagerly nodded to Kai and they began to make fun of my . 
"The eye balls are like right on his cheeks!" 
"I know! We had a sleep over and," Chen started whispering,
"He sleeps in his underwear and sometimes his eats his , it looks so funny!"  
"Guys stop!!!!" I started feeling embarrassed again. 
Basically, I felt embarrassed the whole night. 
I cried at the movie. 
I spit my ice cream out on accident. 
I tripped over a chair. 
I got the hiccups in the bathroom. 
Yes. 
Story of my life! Embarrassment. But during the night, Kai gave me his number. 
I died. I was so happy! 
I laid in bed, feeling happy about Kai, and meeting his friends, wondering if they'd talk to me at school. 

I shouldn't have wondered. 
I was standing with my locker open with Chanyeol, When I closed it, Luhan's face jumped out at me and I freaked out. 
"HEY KYUNGSOO!! Oh hi Chanyeol!"
"AH! Geez.. Oh.. Hi." 
"Hey." I smiled back at him even though I had I heart attack. 
"Well.. Bye!" Luhan waved goodbye just after waving hello. It was nice he said hi to me though. 
"Hi Kyungsoo." 
"Hey.." I bowed as Baekhyun walked past with Kris. 
"Hey Chanyeol~"
"Eh." I looked back and fourth between them, Baekhyun seemed to be teasing him almost. 
I sighed and started to look for Chen. When I found him, we made our way to lunch, got food and sat down at our table, Chen sitting across from me. We began talking with the others when I felt a tap on my shoulder. 
"Hey." Kai's smooth face looked down at me. 
"Oh.. Um hi.." 
"Can I sit here?" 
"You really want to be seen with me?" Baekhyun butted in, taking a seat without even asking- not that I minded,
"I think the right question is, 'do you want to be seen with Kai.' He is so disgusting. He farted on me today." 
"I did not!"
"Kai stop trying to be cool. You aren't perfect." 
"You're no princess either." Baekhyun scoffed and looked across the table at Chanyeol. 
"Hi Chanyeol."
"Tsh." I smiled at them, 
"Yeah you can sit here." Kai sat down next to me and began eating his food. I felt the tension as Sehun cane in with Luhan. Luhan must have worked his magic because Sehun sat at our table. 
"So Kyungsoo," Chen started our conversation again,
"anyways. I was talking to him and I don't know.. He says he isn't sure if he likes me..." 
"Aww come on Chen.." We were having a casual conversation as we ate off each other's trays, reaching right across to one another like it was normal- because it was. 
"He just doesn't know yet. I'm sure he likes you too though. Really." 
"Really?"
"Really."
"I hope so..." 
"Me too Chen, me too! So go get him!" 
"No I'm hungry."
"Wow. Okay. Fine.. Go get your love later." 
"I will." 
"You guys just eat off each other's trays like that?" Chen and I both paused and looked at Kai like he was a alien. We weren't used to people asking about our eating habits, as everyone we knew was accustomed to it. 
"Oh.. Yeah. It's just something we've always done.."
"I see.. Hey, I brought the peach." 
"Oh! Eat it now!" 
"I don't know.." 
"Do it!" Kai was examining the peach, 
"Maybe you really did poison it... It looks more pink.." 
"I didn't! See look." I grabbed it and took a bite out of it.
"Perfect." Kai looked into the part I bit with an uneasy look.  
"Okay fine.." Kai took a bit of it, while juices can streaming down his face. 
"Hahaha man.." I picked up my napkin and wiped Kai's face with it. I realized all the guys at stopped moving and were watching us.
"OH MY GOSH KYUNGSOO!"
"Huh.. What?" Luhan was freaking out. 
"Never touch his face!" He pulled my arms back,
"Why not?"
"No it's fine Luhan."
"W-what?"
"It's fine." I was confused for a while, but they had settled it. As I walked out of the cafeteria, Luhan stopped me. 
"You know Kyungsoo, Kai doesn't let people touch him. You're either lucky or he really finds you interesting.. I think you could be really good for Kai, he's really introverted. He never laughs.."
"He laughed yesterday though."
"What? When?" 
"When I.. Um he saw something.. Funny.."
"Well then Kyungsoo. You're liked by Kai. Congrats." 
Kai likes me? 
"I shouldn't tell you, I should let Kai tell you when he's ready.. But if he ever hits you for touching him, don't get upset. Okay?"
"Wait what?" Luhan ran away, leaving me completely confused.
Ding! 

Kai-
It's Friday. Could I come over tonight?

Me-
My parents are on a trip in Pusan until Monday..So sure. When should we meet? 

Kai- 
No, don't meet me. I'll come by. I don't know what time. 

Me-
Oh, okay.. I'll see you sometime tonight then. 

Kai- 
See you later 

I dialed Chen to tell him we couldn't hang out. So I'm hanging out with Kai? I was surprised. We just met yesterday.. 
But I was excited as well... 

"Yeah sorry Chen I can't hang out. I'm hanging out with Kai.." 
"Oh okay!" 
"Chen...?"
"Yes?"
"How did you know you liked Xiumin? How did you feel?"
"Haha... Kyungsoo.. How did I feel? Well judging by your question, Probably a little bit of what you feel now. You'd tell me if you liked Kai right?" 
"Yeah.." 
"Good.." It was silent for a moment,
"Hey Chen?"
"Yes?" 
"I think I like Kai."