Maybe I Was Wrong

EXO's High School Love Affairs

Suho POV: 

"How do you beat this level?" 
"Just hit the spaceship."
"Ohh.." 
 
"How do you kill the robot?" 
"You have to deactivate it."
"Ohhh..." 
 
"How do you pass the dragon?"
"Blind it and run past."
"Ohh." 
 
"...wanna get some lunch?" 
"..yeah." Lay and I slipped on our shoes in my apartment, then scampered out the door and down the side walk. We had been playing video games for a pretty long time and I decided it would be good for us to go outside and actually see sunlight. 
It was a typical day for us two. 
Lay slept over, we did homework, watched sci-fi movies, played video games and then slept until noon. We were actually getting dinner, but since we had breakfast at 12:30, I called dinner lunch at 5:00. 
Lay and I pretty much did the same thing every weekend. Even on week days we'd get together and do something only the two of us would completely understand and enjoy. 
Everyone else was busy in their relationships- which was fine and all. Truthfully, Lay and I were forced to become friends because with everyone else, we were third wheels. It wasn't bad though. We understood each other without having deep talks and had fun without even speaking. Honestly, Lay was strange. 
He was constantly in la-la land saying the most random comments- but he made it fun. Out of anyone I had ever met, he was by far the easiest going. He only shouted when he played video games and only cried when his favorite character in a movie died. 
So he was pretty cool in a weird way. 
 
"I rented Dino-Attack 2, we should watch it tomorrow." 
"Oh, how about Sunday?"
"Uhhh that's a school night." 
"I know, but I actually have plans tomorrow."
"Oh, the hermits coming out of its shell." Lay playfully elbowed me then continued to eat his noodles he ordered. 
"Yeah, Sunday's fine. What are you doing tomorrow?" Lay swallowed his food and took a sip of water before answering me, 
"Oh, some guys from school asked me to go to the arcade with them."
"Oh. I see." Lay playing video games with other people? It felt strange to me.. 
"Well have fun."
"Thanks. But I don't know why they invited me.. You're the best."
"You're nicer, that's why." 
"Haha yeah." Lay and I laughed at my comment because it was true. I was a bit of a crank at school to other people, but it was just my personality. 
Lay usually made up for my bad side. 
 
I was so bored. 
Without Lay, there was nothing to do. 
Playing video games wasn't the same and eating my whole fridge made me feel like a glut. So I laid on my floor, doing my homework. 
"Hey Lay.. Oh." He wasn't there. 
"Well damn.. How am I going to get my homework done if I don't even get how to do it." I crumpled my assignment and rolled onto my back, tossing it somewhere behind me. 
He was gone one day out of the months we'd spent together and I was treating it like he had been gone for years. 
That's how it felt. 
My home was empty and quiet. 
Parents were at work until late, no pets, quiet neighbors, everything was extremely boring. At least when Lay was over, we stayed quiet, but there was sound effects from the video games. 
"Stop being a baby." I mentally smacked myself and stood up, stretching like I had just woken up. Hearing some noise from outside, I made my way to the window. 
Oh. 
It was Lay and his new friends. 
I had the advantage of having the arcade right across from my apartment, but in that moment, I wished it was elsewhere. Lay and the four other people he was with were hanging outside the arcade for a moment while Lay seemed to dig in his backpack. 
The smile on Lay's face was something I'd never seen when he was with me. 
Maybe he was having more fun? 
Maybe he didn't even like me- he hadn't invited me either. 
I wasn't feeling jealous.. Just a little abandoned. 
"Fine. Well you can have fun with your fancy new friends, I'm not wasting my night." Picking up the video I rented, I stomped into my living room and jammed it into the DVD player. 
"I'll have fun without you too." I knew I was being childish- but so what. 
It pissed me off that he was with other people, playing video games that we worked so hard to beat. 
"Jerk." 
 
"Hey, Suho." 
"Hi." I didn't even look at Lay as he sat down next to me in science. 
"You don't look like you got much sleep." 
"I didn't." 
"Yeah, you're pretty grumpy too.." I chose not to respond, knowing I might end up saying something I'd regret. 
"Please take out your homework and turn it in." Everyone stood up but me to turn in their homework. 
"Suho? Where is your work?" 
"I couldn't finish it.." 
"Then turn it in tomorrow, it'll be late."
"Okay." Lay tapped me as he sat down, 
"You didn't finish your work?"
"No." I rolled my eyes while crossing my arms, feeling annoyed with Lay. 
"Why not?" Although we had started the lesson, he continued to question me. 
"I didn't get it." Because you weren't there to help me. 
"What did you do last night then?"
"I watched the movie."
"Oh.." His face dropped. For the first time, I saw his expression become sad.
"I thought we were going to watch it together." 
"Sorry." I was being an absolute and I knew it, I was still pissed off. But still, I didn't want to hurt him, seeing his sad expression made me sad as well. 
"The movie wasn't even good, so you didn't miss anything."
"Oh really? I guess that's good then.." We stopped talking. Truth was, I hadn't even payed attention to the movie. Instead, I was grumbling around my apartment, sulking. All I wanted was Lay to pay attention to only me and only hang out with me. I was a selfish and I wasn't planing on changing. Usually Lay and I would play games under the table, pass notes or draw random things in a notebook and pretend to share notes- but we didn't that class period. 
He didn't even sit by me at lunch. 
He sat by them
 
"Suho, you look pissed." 
"I ing am."
"Aw, poor baby."
" off, Sehun." 
"Geez." Despite my warning, Sehun at down next to me, bumping me in the mean time. 
"If you wanted Lay to sit by you, you could have just asked."
"What? I don't care about that."
"And yet you're sitting exactly where you can see him, staring at him, and drilling a hole into the table with your chopsticks. Righhtttt.." 
"Just go away." I realized he was right. I was absolutely jealous. Not of Lay, but of the people that he was with- because they were with him. Lay never smiled like that with me and he never interacted the way he did with them with me. I couldn't understand why my blood was boiling so much or why I was so edgy, but I knew it was because of Lay. It was all is fault damn it. 
For the first time, I wondered if Lay even liked me as a friend. He was the one that left me, probably asking to hang out with those people instead of them asking him. We were forced to become friends.. Maybe he never really wanted to be friends. 
Maybe I really was alone. 
From across the cafeteria, Lay's eyes met mine. His dimples showed when he smiled at me.. But it wasn't a bright smile like I saw before. 
He was sad, and trying to hide it. 
He probably just felt bad that I was sitting alone.. 
That's all.  
 
Lay POV: 
I didn't understand. 
Why hadn't he pulled me away yet? 
Why hadn't he gotten up, and yanked me away? 
I guess I wasn't important to him like I thought I was... 
Maybe Luhan was wrong. 
Maybe he didn't love me.