I Don't Want To Lose You

EXO's High School Love Affairs

Tao POV: 
I should be happy, right? I have the love of my life back. So nothing should be wrong, right? We can be happy together again. So I have no reason to be sad, right? 
Wrong. 

"I know Tao.. She's just a family friend. There is nothing between us." 
"You promise?"
"I promise." 
"Goodnight Yifan."
"Goodnight Tao." 
I hung up the phone, after laying in bed talking to Kris for a good 3 hours. He says she's the daughter of his fathers business partner. A friend. He says she's just a friend. But when I was walking home with Kris last night, we ran into her and her father, she was all over him. 
He did nothing to push her away. Maybe because her father was there.. 

"Hi Mr.Zhu." 
"You'll be family, Kris, address me by my name." 

Family. 
But maybe their just close to each other, Kris' dad does work with him. But, "you'll be" as in he isn't yet.. But he will be. 
The way Kris looked. And the way she looked at me. 
Uneasiness and jealousy. 
Maybe I am just an extra. Maybe Kris only took me back because it was convenient for him. But how could it ever be convenient for him? I'm an inconvenience for everyone. I was proofed right when I got a call after Kris and I hung up. 
"Look. Kris is my fiancé. You're obviously trying to take him but he isn't interested, trust me. You're only waisting his time." 
Fiancé?
"Just get your germs off him."
Then she hung up. 
How she got my number, I don't know. But she looked like some rich girl, she must have connections to other freaks. I shouldn't have let her get to me, because Kris loves me. He says he does.. But even so, I ignored and avoided Kris for the next day. Ignored his calls by turning off my phone. Avoided him by skipping lunch- not that I'm hungry anyways..
I cried myself to sleep. Can't I just be happy for once? And I not allowed a little happiness? I guess not. I guess some people just weren't meant for a good life. 

"Hey Tao.. Your eyes look a little puffy.. Are you okay?" 
"I'm fine." 
"You don't look so good.." 
"No. I'm fine." Xiumin and I were walking to the bus, 
"My eyes are usually puffy in the morning.. They just haven't worn off yet that's all." 
"Well if you say so.. Hey isn't that Kris?" My eyes shot up from staring at the ground to see Kris leaning against the bus post watching me walk towards him. 
"Yeah.. Hey you go ahead, I'll get on in a second." Xiumin hopped on the buss first,
"He's coming please wait a minute." He told the bus driver, Xiumin is such a good friend. I looked at Kris, suddenly feeling nervous and queasy. 
"You didn't answer your phone this morning. Actually. You didn't answer your phone all day yesterday. Or my texts. Or sit with me at lunch. Or even talk to me. So whatsup?" 
"I've bed busy. Sorry. I should get on the bus."
"Fine with me." 
"Huh?" By that time, Kris had already pulled me onto the bus and taken a seat in the front with me. I looked back at Xiumin who had already taken a spot next to Chen and Chanyeol and was chatting away. They looked like they were in deep conversation. I was glad Chen and Chanyeol live so close, I just hoped they weren't paying attention. 
"Tao!" I jumped out of my seat. 
"W-what?!" 
"Pay attention! Why have you been avoiding me?"
"I haven't. I've been busy." 
"Tao, I've known you forever, you've never been busy." 
"I um.. I have you a girlfriend." 
Oh my gosh. 
Kill me now! I'm such an idiot, I forgot who I was talking to! 
"Oh. You? Hah.. Okay now I know you're for sure lying. Tao, did you forget who you were speaking to?"
"Huh.." 
"You're BOYFRIEND maybe?!" Kris rose in his seat, raising his voice up. 
"SHHHHH!!!!" I covered his mouth and pushed him back down. 
"What?! Look Tao. You obviously don't have a girlfriend." 
"What. Excuse me?"
"No! I didn't mean it that way." 
"Whatever. Look I've just been doing stuff okay? Sorry.. I'll.. I don't know I'll answer you more." 
(A/n LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL MY AUTOCORRECT MADE MORE SAY MEOW HAHAHHAHAHAA... Okay proceed...) 
"Tao seriously. What's up? You are acting really strange. Look we need to talk things out, not coop them inside. We can't let little things get between us." 
"Little things? You haven't even heard what it was and you're calling it little?" Kris sighed and took my hand. 
"I'm sorry. That isn't what I meant. I just don't want something to get in the middle of us, then split us apart only to realize we could have fixed it.." 
"Are you two getting off?" I never answered Kris, but we were looking each other in the eyes. 
"Yeah." I stood up and left Kris, probably trailing behind me. I didn't 'avoid' him that day. But I didn't talk to him. I sat with him and everything but didn't speak. I was sitting at home when I got a text from Kris. 
"Come over." 
"No."
"Hey come on. My parents are gone. Just come." 
"I'll think about it."
Somewhere between leaving home and arriving at his door I had gained a bad feeling about this. Instopped to buy a cake because I was ready to make up, I felt bad and I missed him. I knocked on the door anyways. 
I should have stayed home. 
"Hi." I looked at her face, the same girl from before. His 'fiancé.' I saw Kris inside, laughing and smiling. 
And his parents were not gone. 
"Hey! Kris your friend is here." Why was she here? My eyes met Kris'. 
"Tao?" She pulled me inside the door. 
"Kris..um.." 
"You?! Why are you in my home?! You have no right to be here!" His mother once liked me.. Until she learned of our relationship.. She loved me like a son. I bowed my head and stared at the floor. She whipped the cake out of my hands to the floor. 
"You were not invited! Get out!" I didn't dare look up at Kris. 
This was all too familiar. Why did he invite me? So he could send me away like this again? Is that why? His mother was yelling, not sure what.. But his father stood up and came towards me. 
"Tao you know you aren't welcome here." Tears formed in my eyes. It was all way too familiar. 'You aren't welcome here' I knew this phrase too well. 
"I know sir." 
"We moved here to be away from you, please leave us alone." I let my tears fall. 
They deserve to know how much this hurts me. 
"Please leave." 
Why wasn't Kris standing up for me? 
"Don't come back. You are not allowed in this house or to speak to my son. Do you understand?" I looked at Kris, who had a shocked expression on his face. His eyes were misty but then again, mine were so blurry I wasn't sure. Anger boiled inside my heart. Any love that I once had for him was now made into pure anger. I clenched my jaw. I wanted to scream at everyone. I wanted to punch them all and throw things out the windows. But that's not me.. That's not who I am. I stared at Kris. Because my father spoke Cantonese and my mother spoke mandarin, I learned both. Kris' family Cooke Cantonese but Kris went to a school in a mandarin province. So he understood both as well. 
"Tao! Do you understand?" His father pushed me on. I glared at Kris. 
"Yes. I understand. Bùyào shìtú qù wǎnjiù wǒmen de guānxì. Jiéshùle." 
(Yes. I understand. Don't try to save our relationship. It's over.) I took off, running out the door and down the steps. Hearing pounding behind me, I knew he was coming after me. The concrete steps made my shoes unable to track and I slipped on them, tumbling down about 5. 
"Tao!!" Kris hurried to me, ready to pick me up. 
"No! Don't touch me!" I flailed my arms, feeling pain in my back from landing. 
"Get away from me!" 
"Tao your nose is bleeding."
"IT BLEEDS WHEN I GET STRESSED OUT OKAY?! JUST GET AWAY!"
"Never." Kris leaned over me and scooped me up. No matter how much I wanted to push him away, my heart melted when I touched him. 
"Please Yifan.. Just let me go.." 
"No. Don't worry about them, they'll get over it. And her? Tao I was never going to marry her. It was my parents idea for after high school. I told them no before I left... And actually I'm homeless now.. Would you mind taking in a hobo?"
"You're not a hobo Kris.." I smiled at him, despite the feeling I had inside. Kris walked me to his car and set me inside handing me tissues and starting the car. 
"Tao, no matter what they say to you, you need to be better than them. You are better than them... They said horrible things to you but the things they've said to me? Tao.. I just don't have the strength to loose you right now..." 
"Okay.." 
"Okay? Does that mean you'll take this hobo in?"
"Yeah.. It does.. It's just.. Ughhh!" Kris started driving off. 
"I like you so so much Yifan.. I love you. I just don't want to destroy your life.. I want you to be happy.." 
"I am happy." 

Kris POV:
I watched Tao sleep. He moved and squirmed like he was having a bad dream, but then he found me and snuggled up to me. I'm tao's rock.. My parents will have to find a perfect son somewhere else. Because I'm not it. 

Tao POV: 
"KRIS WAKE UP." Luhan pounced on him until his eye peaked open. 
"GUESS WHAT DAY IT IS TODAY?!?!?"
"What..." He was half asleep, and looked confused. 
"IT'S KYUNGSOO'S BIRTHDAY!!!!! XIUMIN, TAO, CHEN AND I PLANNED A PARTY. GET OFF YOUR PATOOTIE AND SHOWER! LET'S GO!"
"Tao.. It.. It's 7:00AM..."
"IM LUHAN. GO." Kris got up, flowing orders leaving me with the rest of them. 
"So Tao.. Why was Kris here again?" I froze. 
"Um. He fell asleep when we were hanging out.. So.."
"Ohhh okay okay." Luhan turned to the others,
"GUYS TAO GOT LAID." 
"WHAT?! LUHAN!"
"HE'S DATING KRIS!"
"LUHANNNNN!!"
"Teehee.." Everyone was laughing at me, so I laughed along. It had been a while since I laughed, and it felt great.