9

A Girl Like You - 너란 여자
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minha was crying in the dark storage room when her phone rang. It was a call from Donghyun.

'Why do you have to call me now? ' she thought.

"Hello," she answered the phone. 


"Minha! Do you have time tomorrow?" asked Donghyun sweetly.

"Uh... I have to work.."

"Silly, tomorrow is Saturday and you're off tomorrow," reminded him, "Oh... What's wrong with your voice? Did you cry?"

"A-ah...no.... I'm just... wearing a mask now.. Since I need to sort some old dusty books," she lied.

"You must be pretty busy. I'll be practicing and I'll pick you up at 5, okay?" He sounded so sincere, like a kid, Minha thought.

'Why are you so nice? ' she asked in her mind.

"Okay. Don't forget your lunch," Minha responded.

"You too... See you later, Baby!" he again said "baby" and quickly hang up.

"Ba-by....." repeated Minha to herself.

 

She stood up and wiped her tears. She realized how stupid she had been when Mark and her was together. Mark never cared this much like Donghyun. Between Mark and her, there were only dates: watching movie, having dinner, and going shopping without those simple conversation like what she had with Donghyun.

"Yoon Minha, stop being so weak. You have someone who cherish you more than that jerk," she said, cheering up herself.

So she went out and shrugged Mark out of her sight everytime he tried to come closer to her. They were doing this all day long. Mark would always try to talk with Minha, and Minha would always succeeded in avoiding him.

At the end of her work shift, Mark was still there and was still trying to talk to her.

"Minha..."

"Stop talking to me. Stop meeting me. Aren't those sentences clear?"

"But... I know you still love me..." Mark said, trying to win her sympathy again.

"Love you, my ," this time Minha became a bit rude, someone that was not her normal self.

"Go away because I don't want to see you again, Mark. We are over. Good bye," Minha walked leaving Mark wondering why this girl had changed her attitude.

Right after Minha passed the front gate, she could see a man with blue hair was standing patiently, waiting for her.

"Donghyun!" She ran to him. She did not know why but his presence made her mood better.

"Hey," called the man while messing her hair.

"Yaaah... Don't mess my hair..." said Minha while trying to stop him. The man was only grinning at her. His sudden action of holding her hand surprised her.

"Let's eat! What do you want to eat?"

"Umm.... Can we eat some snacks tonight? Ddeokbokki? " requested Minha.

"Sure. Let's go!" he pulled her hand, "run Minha, run!"

"Yaaaah.... Kim Donghyuuuun... Slowly.... I'm wearing heels...,"protested her.

With Donghyun, sometimes it felt like they were an old couple, a married couple who were enjoying life and each other's company. Walking together after work and buying things to eat at home. Sometimes, it also felt like they were kids. Donghyun often took her to the playground or told her to run just for fun. Or he might and it ended up with her chasing him.

--

"Minha.. Give me some of your ddeok..." I asked to her.

"Eiiy... No.. You ate a lot.. You have soondae too..." she refused. 
"You can take my soondae," I offered, knowing for sure she would not take it. She hated soondae.

"No!" she stick out her tongue; a gesture I found so cute. Then she poured the soju into her glass and drank all of it in one go.

"Yah... Stingy girl...," I , "don't get drunk! Who would bring you home?"

"You! So you cannot get drunk!" she said, a bit tipsy.

"I will drink a lot," I said, teasing her more.

"You cannooooott~,"she whined while taking my cheeks with her hands and pinched them quite hard.

"Ouch... Ouch... Yaah, Yoon Minha..."

She laughed out loud, and that made me really happy. I messed her hair again which resulting a protest from her.

I drunk few more glasses before finally taking her home. A bit drunk, I decided to take a cab instead of carrying her while walking home. She's really drunk.

The whole way back home was blurry, but I clearly remember that she vommited on my shirt when we arrived.

--

She had not opened her eyes but she felt the warmth under her face. She never remembered having a warm pillow like this. Her head hurts like hell as she opened her eyes. There, she saw what looked like human's skin as her pillow.

'Since when I changed my pillow sheet', she wondered. She scolded herself for being so drunk that she did not even remember the color of her pillow sheet. 

She looked at the thing she thought was pillow closely.

'Isn't this human's chest?! ' she thought.

She sat up and saw a bare-chested Donghyun was sleeping and had been her pillow earlier. That was Donghyun.... She felt a bit glad knowing it was Donghyun. She could believe in him. But the thing is....

"Yaaaah Kim Donghyun! Why did you sleep topless?" she asked hysterically while kicking Donghyun off the bed. The man fell in his sleep with a loud thud.

"Mmmh....", Donghyun groaned as he opened his eyes and looked at Minha.

"Why did you sleep beside me?!"

"Who vommited on my shirt and held me down on the bed?" he asked back. Donghyun quickly sat up on the bed, facing Minha. He then pointed at his dirty shirt. 
"Don't forget to wash it clean," said Donghyun, pretended to be angry.

"Yaaah.... You live next door! Why didn't you go home?" Minha snapped at him. 

"Eish.... Being loud in the morning....," Donghyun said while tried to stand up. "I would go home to change now," he assured, "but you need to dress up prettily too."

Huh? Minha could not understand why she had to dress up. She never remembered the need to be pretty on Saturday morning.

Looking at her face, Donghyun quickly stated his intention. "Remember the magic coupon I got? Now I am using it. I want one-day date with Yoon Minha."

The girl only questioned his request in her mind, yet she did not say anything to him until he left. Weirdly, she followed what Donghyun requested her to do. She dressed herself to, at least, look decent.

After changing her mind several time, Minha chose a white lacy spaghetti dress to wear. Not wanting to be too revealing, she took her coral coloured cardigan to complete her appearance. Not wanting to be too much, she decided not to wear any accessory today.

Donghyun arrived when she was applying her lipstick to finish her look. Slight curls on her mid length hair looked effortlessly perfect and the thin make up made her look fresh. Donghyun had to admit she looked prettier than usual even though she was already pretty for him.

"How do I look? Where would we go?"

"Uhm.. not bad," Donghyun lied. "And we will go somewhere. It is a secret. So don't ask anymore."

Minha pouted hearing that but Donghyun quickly took her bag in one hand, held Minha's with another hand and pulled her out. She just noticed Donghyun wore black sleeveless shirt, revealing his arm muscles and veins. Telling herself to ignore those temptations to hold his arm, Minha tried to look to the front.

They arrived at the bus stop and Donghyun let Minha sit for a while before a bus with the number 63 came. Minha was pulled to the bus she never took before. Looking at Donghyun, she raised her eyebrow before she questioned the guy's intention.

"What?" Donghyun seemed noticed her expression. He sat with her and pulled Minha's head to lean on his shoulder. "Just sleep," Donghyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter