10

A Girl Like You - 너란 여자
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week felt a bit slower than usual. Donghyun was right when he said he was going to be busy. They still contacted each other through messages and calls, yet that man was no where to be seen for a week. For the whole week, Minha felt like there was something missing whenever she realised Donghyun was not around to be with her. Yet, was it love? Maybe, she wished.

  She was working when her phone beeped. She quickly picked it up, hoping that would be Donghyun.   "Hello?"   "Minha! How are you?" asked a woman's voice. It was not Donghyun, she thought.   "I'm fine... ah-eomma?" Minha asked when she finally recognised the owner of the voice.   "Yes... yah, I will visit you in some days. What should I bring? Side dishes?"   "Visit? Woaaah... When? Should I pick you, Eomma?"   "No no.. I know my daughter is busy. I will come with Donghyun's mom. But I will have to ask her about the date. You know she is busy too," her mother explained.   "Ahh.. okay.. Tell me about it soon, eomma. I miss you!"   "I miss you too. See you.."   Minha felt happy but that was not Donghyun....   --   It was the D-Day. Donghyun had asked Minha to come to the place where the competition was held. Also, to give Donghyun her decision, whether she wanted to step up a game; to be Donghyun's girl, or not.    Hesitating, Minha still decided to come to see him. First, she needed to be decent to come to the hall where the competition would take place. Donghyun's fans are mainly young girls or teenagers. Minha felt the need to appear younger, at least, not to look like a complete "ahjumma" (middle aged-woman) among those girls.   Arrived at the designated place, she looked around in awe. The hall was changed into a bar-themed place. It looked completely cozy with the stage in the middle of the room. Some of the staffs were preparing the stage and the sound system.   She could imagine how Donghyun and his band would be on the stage, playing such great songs for the audience. How Donghyun would smile in the middle of the performance became a very vivid memory she wished to see later. That made her smile appeared.   It was not crowd, but Minha could not find Donghyun or his band members around. Trying to think positively, she thought maybe they were still dressing-up. Minha was walking when she saw a face she recognised came to her. It was Hyunseong, Donghyun's band mates who's also the vocalist of the band.   "Ah.. you came, Minha-ssi?" he asked formally, which Minha responded by nodding her head.   "The competition is about to start. So please find yourself a seat. We are still getting ready in the waiting room", Hyunseong explained, seemed like knowing what Minha was questioning.   Then, Hyunseong quickly went to a door near the stage as someone called him. As Hyunseong suggested, Minha quickly find a seat in the middle which was quite close to the stage. Just in few minutes, the other seats were filled up quickly.   Some bands had already performed when suddenly someone came and sat right beside Minha.    "Oh... never knew you would be here," said Mark, whose words were not really believable.    Minha was shocked. Why would Mark be here, right beside her?   "Don't disturb me!" she said, only to see that guy with auburn hair smiling at her. A smile which she used to like a lot, but now she hated to death.   "Okay.. I won't disturb you, " Mark said.   "And, here is our next contestant........ BOYFRIEND!", said the MC, announcing Donghyun's band would perform in a few seconds.   Minha quickly scanned the stage to find Donghyun. He was right behind the keyboard, getting ready to play when their eyes met. Donghyun looked a bit angry when he saw who was beside his self-proclaimed girlfriend, and that made Minha anxious.   As if he got the cue, as soon as Donghyun and his band were about to start, Mark leaned to Minha and kissed her cheek.    "Mark! Stop!" Minha said in low tone while pushing him.    Donghyun, who was furious after seeing that, signalled something to his band. Eventually, it changed everyone's face as well. They looked really nervous.   A familiar tone was playing. Hyunseong's nice voice and Jeongmin's guitar started it.   Walking on the street, I bumped into your man (Yeah I saw him)
I didn’t want to believe it, but my hunch turned out right (I told you)
He’s not wearing that ring you gave him, there’s another girl by his side
But I’ve said enough (I don’t wanna hurt you)
  It was a cover of G-Dragon's That XX. Right there, Donghyun's eyes pierced through the crowd, directly to Minha's eyes. She could see how Donghyun was mad when he saw Mark.  

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter