5

A Girl Like You - 너란 여자
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tears started rolling on Minha's cheeks while she sat down. Minha felt Donghyun was really ridiculous to ask her to be with him. He said he would make her forget Mark. For Minha, that meant like using Donghyun, and that was the least thing she wanted to do to her bestfriend.

Minha did not know what would she do. All these times, she tried not to fall for Donghyun for their friendship, no matter how obvious Donghyun showed her about that. If Minha agreed, it would be so mean to Donghyun. Couldn't Donghyun understand this thing? She stared on the cold tiles under her feet that then lost their shapes because of her tears.

As the weather became colder, so did Minha's heart and body. She wanted to go home, but Donghyun would wait there, in front of her house just to assure her that it would be okay. It was so typical of him. He would always do that. And the last thing that Minha wanted to do was facing him. She did not know how to act in front of the best friend of her. She didn't want to ignore him, yet she felt she couldn't smile at him.

She tried to go out. However Donghyun knew her too well. He was already waited in front of the emergency exit door. 

"Minha...." Even hearing his voice made Minha felt sorrow. How she wished the one who loved her head over heels was not him. Maybe Mark... Maybe someone else.... The friendship between them was too....

"Minha?" He called again with that voice. The voice that had been a part of her life since years ago. Minha looked down, avoiding any eye contact.

"Donghyun... I-......" she stopped.... Minha even did not know what she wanted to say to him. Minha knew Donghyun was waiting for her to finish her words. He was always like that. He was the only one who waited for her slow paced speech.

"Yes... Minha?" 'Oh, please don't call my name with such melodious voice', Minha thought. It tortured her.

"Please... go home....," she said while sobbing. She could not control her feeling. "Please... Donghyun.... I need a space..." said Minha before Donghyun could say anything to object it.

"Y-yes..." he replied, stuttered. This was what Minha afraid of, rejecting him, hurting him, being awkward with him. This was why Minha always try to stay being friends. Minha stood still, while Donghyun slowly left and went back to his flat. Mimha decided to wait a bit longer. She wanted to calm down her mind before she went back to her apartment. All of these were too much for her. From getting hurt by Mark, and now she was the one who's hurting Donghyun.

--

Little did the girl know, this man she turned down felt sad that he made her encounter difficult moment to say those things to him. It's not about about "Yes" and "No". Donghyun was just being truthful to her. He walked to his flat and closed the door. Inside, he sighed while looking at a brown, medium-sized teddy bear.

It wasn't from him. The bear came to Minha's flat around five minutes after Minha left and hid. Donghyun was having a bad feeling about that as soon as he saw the delivery man and the bear. It was from "Mark Kang", the man said.

"Uh, Yoon Minha is not home..." Donghyun tried to explain, "I'll pass it to her when she's home." He signed on the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter