3

A Girl Like You - 너란 여자
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The men put Mark on the backseat while Donghyun led Minha to the front passenger seat. Donghyun thanked the two men and started the engine.

"Where is this kid's house?" asked Donghyun when the car leaving the club. His tone was calm yet there was a hint of sarcasm.

Mark was clearly younger than both of Donghyun and Minha. He was 21, while Minha and Donghyun were at the same age, 25.

Minha looked back at Mark's unconcious state. He looked so tired. Minha wondered why she fell for this immature man.

 

--


Minha's afternoon that day was no different than her usual day at work in the public library. After placing some books on their shelfs, Minha went to the register table to input the serial code for the new books to the library's system.

She was typing her fifth book when a voice of a young man, whom she thought as a student, stopped her work.

"Excuse me, can I borrow this one?"

She looked up to see those sparkling eyes of him. He smiled nicely to her before giving her the book.

It was like a slow-motion in the movies, where Minha could surely capture how his eyes squinted a bit, and how his lips were moving upwards, making a perfect smile. Minha realised she was lost in his gaze. In an abrupt movement, quickly scanned the book.

"Can I take a look at your member card, please?" Minha tried to calm down her voice.

The student showed her his sheepish smile. He awkwardly scratched his head. Minha found it lovely, but she had to do what she has to do.

"You didn't bring it?" asked Minha politely.

"Uhm... that...." the student looked down and then he continued, "I left that at home."

Minha was about to say something, but he grabbed her hand from the counter and begged, "but, I'm a member from this library. Can I borrow it? I need it for my exam, please, nuna?"

"But..." Minha was ready to explain about the procedure in the library. However, this guy held her hand tighter.

"Please, please...?" Minha hated how she became weak to this kind of thing. She cursed herself for always being weak.

"Okay...," she sighed in defeat while the person in front of her was smiling. She gave up. She then typed some code into her computer and looked at the student.

"Give me your name and your library card number," Minha asked again, this time ready to type down his name.

"It's Mark Tuan, 3215," he said.

Minha typed down all of that before he commented, "You know how to write my name, right?" Minha was a bit pissed when she heard this. It was like an insult for her.

"It's English, not in Hangul, M-A-"

"R-K, then T-U-A-N. Three two one five, Seoul University." Minha said in British accent, cutting his annoying remark. The guy was a bit surprised to hear how Minha spelled his name. It was rare. Usually they will just type it in Hangul.

"Wow! So you can speak English?" Mark said in his weird American accent.

"Yes. However, I prefer British accent," responded Minha in a better English accent which awed Mark.

"Here's your book, and please bring your card when you bring the book back," explained Minha, back in Korean. Mark nodded and smiled wider than he did before.

"Nice to meet you, then, Minha noona," said Mark. "See you later!"

At the first time she knew him, she didn't know that Mark would hurt her that bad. Nor did she know that she would love him even if he hurted her.

 

--

 

"Minha..." Donghyun had called that name three times before Minha finally reacted. "Uh? Yes?"

Donghyun sighed and repeated his question, " where does this kid live?"

"It's near Gangnam. I will show you the way, " Minha said. Gangnam.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter