2

A Girl Like You - 너란 여자
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The evening was just as cloudy as Minha's heart. No stars, only gloomy clouds on the sky. In her flat, the heartbroken Minha was sitting in front of her bestfriend, Kim Donghyun.

 

She paid attention on how Donghyun's pale hand served the soup right before her. "Thank you," Minha said in a barely audible whisper.

 

Minha started to grab her spoon, not knowing that the dark blue haired man in front of her was observing her expression. Minha just ate without speaking, hoping she wouldn't suddenly cry when she ate.

 

Donghyun wanted to ask, but seeing how his best friend ate, he decided to ask later. The situation was thrilling. No one spoke, even if Donghyun wanted to. He just continued observing Minha, as he didn't want to make her cry.

 

"I'm finished, thank you for the food," said Minha to end her meal, even though there were still plenty of soup on her bowl. She felt better, but her inside felt empty. She looked down on her plate, unable to raise her head and look at Donghyun.

 

"Tell me what happened, Minha", said Donghyun carefully. Minha stopped whatever she was doing. She knew he would ask. She looked at her best friend in front of her, before finally saying, "It's okay. I will finish this matter soon. I'm gonna meet him-"

 

"Don't meet him, no..." Donghyun cut her.

 

"Donghyunnie, I might misunderstood the situation, " she tried to explain. "What did you misunderstand?" asked Donghyun, oblivious on what Minha explained.

 

"I saw him kissing a girl." Tears were threatening to fall from her eyes. "That is not a misunderstanding!" said Donghyun, a bit harsh.

 

"Donghyun, he might have an explanation." "If you ask there might be an explanation, but it's gonna be a lie. He's going to hurt you again." Donghyun blabbered.

 

Minha started crying. "No, please don't say that... He-"

 

"Can you at least listen to me, YOON MINHA?!" yelled Donghyun. The girl in front of him was surprised that Donghyun yelled to her.

 

"You will be okay without him," said Donghyun.

 

"But... he deserves a second chance, everybody does, Donghyun."

 

"That's not the second one, right?" Donghyun asked, now softer, already knowing the answer. Minha couldn't argue more. She knew Donghyun was right. She looked down on the dining table.

 

"Once is a mistake, but doing it two times, is a choice, Minha." Donghyun was already squatted down beside her, patting her shoulder.

 

She was burst in tears as Donghyun calmed her down.

 

--

 

Through the night, Donghyun tried his best to stay with Minha. At least that what he could do. He knew once Minha was left alone, she would start crying again.

 

So he made a marathon of comedy and cartoon movies which Minha liked to fix her mood. It was already the fourth movie, when Minha looked at the clock in the living room. 11:35. Donghyun was still staying beside her.

 

Half part of her felt grateful that he stayed with her. However, it became late. She couldn't let Donghyun sacrifice his sleeping time just to accompany her.

 

Donghyun was still beside her, immersed in watching the ending part of Lilo & Stitch. Minha looked at his expression and a small smile appeared on her face.

 

"Yah, Donghyun.."

 

"Yeah?" answered him, not looking away from the screen.

 

"It's late. Go home," said Minha softly. "After the movie ended, okay?" Donghyun looked at the clock and then he shifted his gaze back to the screen.

 

"Okay..." said Minha, agreed. Minha looked at the screen sleepily. Her eyes felt heavy. Maybe it was because she cried before, she thought. Her lids slowly closed by themselves, even when she tried hard to keep them opened.

 

--

 

When the film ended, I looked at Minha. Her head leaned against my right shoulder. It was a great feeling when she stayed there, leaning on me.

 

Was she sleeping? I moved her head a bit to see her face. Her eyes were closed, while she was sleeping. Those cheeks of her had that natural shade o
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter