12

A Girl Like You - 너란 여자
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The airport looked busy. People were already going here and there despite of the day that had just started. Yawning, Donghyun waited for s near the check in gate. 06:52, his watch pointed. In at least thirty minutes, all passengers had to check in and wait inside the boarding room.

He looked left and right, trying to find familiar faces of his self-proclaimed brothers. Nothing. They had not been there yet. Donghyun assumed the traffic was a bit crowded.

Deciding to sit, he left a message in the group chat, saying that he would be sitting on the chair near the boarding gate. He blamed himself for not being able to sleep last night, that today he felt so tired.

"Hyung!" a soft voice he knew woke Donghyun up from the daze that might bring him to sleep. He looked up to see Minwoo, their maknae smiling at him.

"I'm sorry hyung. I was so excited and I couldn't sleep last night," the maknae explained. He then sat beside the sleepy Donghyun and checked the time on his phone.

"But... Where are the others? Hyunseong hyung and Jeongminnie hyung are dragging the twins, right?"

Donghyun nodded. "Yeah... I don't know what took them so long. I'm sleepy, Minwoo.... Lend me your shoulder," he said, resting his head on Minwoo's shoulder. The said maknae only nodded and stopped moving so that Donghyun could sleep.

Minwoo later woke Donghyun up when it's 7:20. The older guy opened his eyes slowly then rubbed them with his hands.

"Why? Have they arrived?," Donghyun asked. Minwoo showed confused face while he shook his head.

Donghyun checked the group chat, reading the last messages regarding the four members.

 

Hyunseong : Yah... Youngmin Kwangmin... Wake up! 07:15

Jeongmin : We cannot drag them out because their parents are home -_- 07:15

Minwoo : I called both but they did not answer ._. keep trying hyung!! 07:18

 

"So.... They are not here... Yet?" Donghyun asked the maknae.

"Seems so, Hyung," Minwoo answered, not very sure. Donghyun noticed the maknae had shown his usual symptoms of anxiety. Minwoo started to move his feet back and forth in irregular pattern.

"Should we just...," as he spoke, his phone screen darkened after a warning about his low battery, "oh... Damn...," he cursed.

"Do you want to charge it, Hyung?" Minwoo offered.

"No, it's okay. Let's just use your phone. I would charge this once we're arrived in Jeju," he refused.

"Minwoo, should we just take this plane first? They can go using another flight...," Donghyun suggested.

"I don't know, Hyung. Let's ask the others," Minwoo said while typing on his phone.

 

--

 

It was terrible. Donghyun did not know that one choice could change your whole life until that very moment. The flight that was really short, usually very common and never had an issue, suddenly became very frightening for everyone. Donghyun was a bit taken aback when he saw the news from the airport.

He hugged s in a bitter joy. They were lucky enough not to be on the flight that had been scheduled for them. Maybe God had His way to save people.

If only the twins woke up on time....
If only Minwoo agreed to Donghyun's offer to join the flight without all the members.
If only Jeongmin said okay to Donghyun's question...
They, at least some of them, would have been gone from this world.

Hours later, their faces were still terrified. Hyunseong called the committee of the competition to cancel their departure to Jeju. They would not be able to fly in the near future. They would need some time before they are able to join a flight.

Some reporters had gathered to interview the band, as they were lucky enough to avoid this accident. Yet, the most calm among them, Hyunseong, said they need s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter