11

A Girl Like You - 너란 여자
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another day had passed. Donghyun had packed his clothes for the three days he would spend in Jeju for the final round of the competition his band joined. Yet, his feeling was never this restless. After the incident of competition day, he had never talked to Minha again. He wanted to, but it seemed so hard for him. He wanted to, but it seemed that she did not need him anymore.

Donghyun knew those reasons were lies he made to make him feel better. Tonight, again, he was wondering whether he had to gather his courage to talk to the woman he loved or not. He was waiting... but Minha had not come home yet.

Lying down on his sofa, Donghyun had prepared his ears to hear any small sound coming from Minha's flat. He felt he was about going crazy just to hear Minha's voice. Yes, he knew he was being a coward.

--

Minha was afraid. It felt like she had a big burden on her shoulders. She was hiding from Donghyun. Donghyun had been disappointed in her. He might not want to see Minha again, she thought.

She wished she could turn back the time, so that they would still be friends. Unlike the current condition, which Minha hated.

Minha only sighed, hiding herself inside her silent apartment unit. She knew Donghyun was home and that he could hear her, something that might make him hated her more. She just wished that one day she could be able to talk to him again. She missed him, that's for sure.

Minha could not sleep till the morning, when she heard Donghyun's footstep from his unit to the corridor. Where would he go this early, Minha asked herself. She already imagined how bad it was if she had to lose this guy.

The sound of his footsteps stopped for a while. Following that, Minha's heart beat skipped too. She quickly ran to the door and opened it. 

That man's face in front of her door reminded her how meaningful he was for her. Minha had to hold herself before she could jump and hug Donghyun. 

"D-donghyun..." Minha could feel how was being suffocated by the happiness of seeing the guy in front of her. 

"I'm going...," he said shortly. Awkward. As if there was a wall between them, the atmosphere suddenly felt too overwhelming. She hated this kind of feeling.

"Uhm.... I-.....I'm sorry," Minha tried to bring up the topic. She was scared of his reaction. He said nothing in respond. Instead, he was looking at his phone.

"I need to go now. Let's talk after I come back in three days, okay?"

Minha wanted to grab Donghyun's arm yet she did not do it. She nodded with a sad face instead. She told herself Donghyun would be back soon, and it would be better to talk about their problem later. Later. He would be back, and they would talk through it and become as close as they used to, she hoped. She hated her own decision.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter