4

A Girl Like You - 너란 여자
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--

Minha really didn't want to wake up that morning. She felt really tired, her eyes were puffy, and her body was sore. But then she remembered she had to work that day. Her eyes frantically opened when she realized it was not Saturday or Sunday.  She jumped out from the bed and looked at her wall clock. 8:50.

 

"Oh... no no no!" Minha ran to wash her face and brush her teeth. She got no time. Her work started at 9 and she usually took 20 minutes on her way to the library.

 

She was grabbing any clothes she could get when her room door was knocked. It was a white long-sleeved shirt and her favorite pencil skirt

.

"Yah, Minha... why are you..." and the door was opened, revealing her bestfriend, Donghyun, who looked similarly tired in the morning. Minha could tell that he did not have a good sleep because he slept on her sofa which was too small for his height. 

 

"Kim Donghyun! Aaaaa, I'm late, I'm lateee....." she screamed in panic.

 

"Yaaah, Minha calm down," Donghyun said. He was used to this. Minha was always like this. "But... aaa~" Donghyun's panic bestfriends ran to her bathroom to change clothes. Donghyun followed her without saying anything.

 

"Why are you following me? Donghyun, I'm late! No time to-" She did not finish her sentence because Donghyun made her look into the mirror, which reflected both of them and the bathroom wall as their background. There, she looked at the girl figure. The girl was so pale, with puffy eyes, dark circles that made them look worse, and messy hair.

 

"You don't look healthy. So you better get a day off today." Donghyun suggested. "But..... my manager is..." Minha looked afraid. There would be no one to help Ms. Park, her manager, to arrange the book on C-section if she did not come. 

 

"I have told her," he said softly.  Ms. Park, right? She said no problem." Donghyun reassured her again, "it's fine, Minha. Have a rest." He then patted her shoulder before walking out from the bathroom.

 

"And the breakfast is ready," Donghyun said when he stepped out from the bathroom. His smile was formed, but his bestfriend could not see it, as what Minha saw was his back. Minha was left dumbfounded. So Donghyun was telling her not to work and to have a day off instead? Her eyes widen and his lips formed a pretty, small crescent shape. She stepped outside to thank him only to found her best friend's back facing her.

 

He was waiting for the scrambled egg to be done. He already promised himself that today

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter