Shadow

Midnight Daydreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Whoever is interested to see my KCON experience with SNSD, heres my blog

http://www.asianfanfics.com/blog/view/921323

My love for HYOYEON has grown after those few seconds with her. You have no idea how many sides i've see from her within those few seconds

 

AND IN CELEBRATION OF MY INTERACTIONS WITH MY NUMBER ONE AND ONLY 

I updated. I was gunna do it wayyy later. So, ENJOY

 

A/N: Sooyoung is speaking English unless otherwise stated.

And just imagine Sooyoung looks like this:


 

“Remind me one more time why I have to wear this wig and these clothes?” the girl complained.

“So that my sister doesn’t become suspicious of you,” the other girl reminded.

“So a college boy creeping on her is less suspicious than a woman in her early-mid twenties?” she rolled her eyes, “I honestly don’t understand your logic sometimes, Sica.”

“Just do what I say, Sooyoung. You still owe me a favor so this is the favor,” Jessica waged her index finger.

“I didn’t expect you to ask me to fly halfway across the world dressed as some school boy to stalk your baby sister as a favor!” she complained again but with a little annoyance this time.

“Protecting, not stalking,” she clarified. “If you stalk my sister, I’ll kill you. Besides I’m paying for your ticket! You should be grateful! Take this as your long awaited vacation or your dream of studying abroad!”

“They’re the same thing! And to America?! Did you forget that I don’t speak English!?” Sooyoung furrowed her eyebrows.

“Oh please! Your English is good enough! Now be a good girl and wait in this line until you board your plane,” she smiled. “My sister is calling.”

“I seriously wonder if you’re my best friend or my demanding girlfriend,” Sooyoung mumbled to herself while Jessica walked away. “I guess I could enjoy this time away from things.”

While Sooyoung waited in line to board the plane, Jessica went back to her family. They looked at her with suspicious eyes, especially Krystal.

“Why were you gone so long?” her mother questioned.

“I went to the restroom,” Jessica responded nonchalantly.

“For thirty minutes?” her dad raised a brow.

“Yes?” she said questionably.

“Jung Sooyeon,” her dad raised his voice.

“Okay, okay. I saw a really cute boy and I got distracted okay?” she sighed while partially telling the truth.

“Your sister is being shipped off to San Francisco for three months and here you are flirting around with some guys. Glad to know you care about me, sis,” Krystal rolled her eyes.

“Oh trust me, I care about you a lot more than you think,” Jessica smiled. “Well you better get in line. Your plane is gunna depart soon so your boarding call should have already been announced.”

“I don’t want to go. I don’t want to learn to be independent,” Krystal whined, “come with me, sis.”

“I’d love to but I’ve got a boutique to run, remember?” she embraced the younger child, “don’t worry. I’ll call you every day.”

“You better get the time difference right,” Krystal reminded, “I don’t want to hear a call from you at four in the morning.”

“Alright kids, it’s time for you to go Soojung,” her dad spoke.

“I’ll miss my baby,” her mother hugged her tightly.

“I’ll miss you too, Umma,” she smiled and grabbed her luggage, “bye.”

Krystal reluctantly headed to the boarding gate and entered the tunnel. She didn’t want to leave her friends or family but apparently this was a tradition in the Jung family. Jessica went through it too and look how she came out. Krystal admired her sister and wanted to become as successful or more than her and if this was the way to do it, then this is the way to go. She looked at her ticket for her seat number and looked at the seat next to the window along with another two seats next to it.

“Ugh, economy.”

 

Sooyoung stretched her arms out wide once she got off the plane but quickly remembered that she was a boy and her chest wasn’t supposed to be visible. She quickly brought her arms back to her side and grabbed her luggage. She saw a taxi and waved it down but a young lady she knew very well waved at it first. Sooyoung didn’t know what to do. There aren't a lot of taxis at this hour and she didn’t want to wait for another but she didn’t want to meet Krystal so soon. In the end, she went right up to her.

“Hi? Can we share?” she asked with heavy Korean accent.

Krystal looked at the boy that was in front of her. She didn’t know who this person was but he didn’t look harmful. Too bad she didn’t know he was a “she”.

“Sure,” Krystal shrugged.

“Thank you!” Sooyoung smiled.

The tall girl helped put Krystal’s things into the trunk as a way of saying thank you before she put her own in the trunk. Once they both got into the car Sooyoung gave a slip of paper to the driver that had her address on it. Krystal decided to use her rusty English and tell him where to go. The driver didn’t bother to ask them why they were going to the same direction and drove out of the airport.

---

Krystal was crept out by the fact that this stranger was her new neighbor but so far they kept their distance. At least that's what Krystal thought. Sooyoung has been keeping her eyes on the girl since last week. Wherever her target went, she followed like a shadow.

Throughout this week, Sooyoung felt distressed, frustrated even at the fact that this girl didn't know how to do a single thing. Sooyoung had to do something, anything before she'd strangle herself to death. She decided to make her first appearance.

The disguised girl walked over to Krystal's and knocked on the door. She quickly panicked forgetting to come up with a plan but it was too late to retreat now, Krystal opened the door already.

"H-hi?" Sooyoung greeted.

"Um, hello?" Krystal looked at her with a tilted eyebrow, "can I help you with something?"

"H-help?" Sooyoung repeated, "ah! Yes," she needed more work on her accent, "you don't know how to make rice? I help!" Sooyoung smiled widely.

"How did you know I don't know how to make rice?" Krystal began to feel uncomfortable by the young man in front of her.

"A-ah! I saw you through window. Accident! I was going to room." Sooyoung scratched the back of her neck.

Standing in front of Krystal dressed as a young man without trying to look like a creeper made Sooyoung nervous, very nervous and Krystal's stare did not help. She had a mission though and she couldn't give up now or else a certain someone back home would throw her into the Han river.

"I promise not scary! You can call police if I touch you!" Sooyoung tried to assure the young girl.

Krystal sighed and agreed, "okay. You can come in and help," and stood to the side to let Sooyoung in.

Sooyoung bowed and walked into the house quickly but when she passed by Krystal's nose picked up the latter's scent. It was strange and not expected. Krystal looked at the man who stood in front of her rice cooker in confusion. How could a man smell like a woman? Maybe he swings the other way so she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter