The Wrong Reflection

Midnight Daydreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Boss you have the Board of Directors meeting in twenty minutes,” the secretary informed.

“oooh,” Taeyeon simply responded back.

“You also have a dinner with our next potential investor soon after your meeting,” the secretary continued.

“Mmm,” she hummed with her eyes still glued to her paper.

“Don’t forget that the proposition is also due to the CEO before you leave tonight,” she hesitantly spoke after noticing the agitation in her bosses eyes.

“Anything else, Seohyun?” Taeyeon sighed and put all things in her hands down before rubbing her temples in frustration.

“Ah, yes, remember to call Mr. Dong about our next project. It’s a make or break call, Boss,” she finished and bowed quickly before muttering, “oh, your wife is on the other line.”

Taeyeon had a problem with stress. For as long as she could remember, there was never a day when she didn’t worry over the smallest things. There was always something on her plate to finish, something on her shoulders bringing her down and weights chained to her ankles. It amazed her how she was able to continue on without thoughts of suicide or long periods of depression. She had her to thank she supposed. Whenever Taeyeon was stressed out she took her out for some fun and threw all her worries out the window but with all that freedom came responsibility, something that was also thrown out the window when she was taken out for some fun. Taeyeon embraced her but when she started interfere with her work and family she came to despise her, shame her and wished away her existence.

Soon after, her wish came true and Taeyeon couldn’t be any happier. Her stress level lowered substantially and she began to smile again until she took on more responsibility with work. Ever since then, her stress level has risen to another level.

Her secretary knocked lightly and came in, “It’s time for the meeting.”

“Okay,” Taeyeon got up from her desk, “let’s get this over with.”

Taeyeon walked out of her office with her secretary and down the halls of her company towards the conference room on the same floor. Along the way employees stood up from their cubicles and bowed their respects. She just smiled and waved them to sit down again. It seemed like everyone enjoyed working under her except for her, herself. The duo reached the conference room and all of her fellow directors bowed to each other before taking their seats.

Taeyeon had a bad reputation of not showing up to their meetings and Seohyun could never find her but when she did attend it was the smoothest and fluid meeting the other directors could sit through. Taeyeon knew her stuff and knew exactly what to say and when to go straight to the point. Her propositions were also great ideas. The other directors could only bet with each other when the next time Taeyeon would show up. It didn’t help that most of their meetings were held after the sun sets.

The meeting ended and Taeyeon headed out for her business dinner after turning in her proposition to the CEO. She quickly hopped into her Porsche Boxster and drove to her dinner. She needed to get home quickly before her wife scolds her for not coming home and losing control.

The dinner did not go as planned. Her potential investor had more intentions than creating a relationship with her company. Taeyeon acknowledged her beauty and her charms but she was never one to straightforwardly admit them to others. She couldn’t handle his advances and his lack of concentration anymore and excused herself. There was too much stress wounding up within her and she decided to drop this horrid man. She quickly got into her car drove off into the night.

----

“Heyy! Nice to see you again!” The security guard greeted and let her in without other word.

The people waiting in line were clearly displeased. She quickly went in and headed straight to the bartender.

“Ayyy yoo!” The bartender smiled radiantly, “What a pleasure. The usual?”

“Oh hell yeah! Make it double!” She smiled back at him just as excited.

He came back with a double shot of Jack and placed it in front of her, “What are you doing in those business clothes anyways. Not like you.”

“I didn’t have time to change,” she said after downing the double in one go, “tacky isn’t it? I just wanna take it off.”

“Well I’m not stopping you,” he winked.

“Sneaky, Baekhyun,” she wagged her finger left and right.

“What can I say, a beauty like you is hard to ignore,” he chuckled while wiping his glasses.

“I’m glad you see it too,” she got off her seat, “time to dance the night away!”

She got lost in the crowd and began to sway herself with the crowd. She threw all responsibility out the door along with all the s she gave. The night was getting darker and the call was long forgotten along with her wife waiting at home for her. She lost track of time and by the time it was almost closing time she saw her wife walking into the club with a very angry expression.

“Yeah Taeyeon what are you doing here again?! I thought it was a business dinner not a business hangout!” Her wife scolded.

“Tiffy! Why are you so uptight! Just let loose!” She grabbed her wife by the waist and began dancing with her.

“Tiffy?” Her wife blinked at her uncontrollably at the unsual nickname while her body moved with her.

Then it dawned on her, “yah! Hyoyeon?!” She punched the latter on the arm.

“Ow, Tiffy! That hurt! Why you punching your wifey?” She pouted.

“You know exactly why,” Tiffany poked her forehead.

“I’m just having some fun! Let’s have some fun, hmm?” the latter brought Tiffany close and kissed her sensually.

The married couple danced and was lost in their own world until the DJ announced that it was closing time. They both looked at each other giggling and left the club. On their way back to their one bedroom apartment with Hyoyeon driving Tiffany’s mind wondered. She couldn’t help but feel like she was betraying Taeyeon. She loved Taeyeon with all of her heart and soul but she couldn’t bring herself to hate Hyoyeon. Hyoyeon was the very person who was plummeting Taeyeon’s career faster than a rocket ship crash landing. Tiffany loved them both, they were after all, the same person. She fell in love with Taeyeon but went she discovered Taeyeon’s condition, she felt enticed and allured when Hyoyeon took over.

Taeyeon was the opposite of Hyoyeon. She was calm and collected while Hyoyeon was wild and free. She was loving and mature while Hyoyeon was playful and immature. Tiffany felt like she had the best of both worlds so she never minded when Taeyeon let herself go.

---

Morning broke through the curtains and the golden haired girl felt surging pain in her head. Her arm went straight to her nightstand and felt around for an orange capsule that had her remedies. She hated this. It was happening more often than usual. She turned around saw her wife stark and she was fuming. It fueled her anger to know that she wasn't the one who made love to her. It wasn't her, it was Hyoyeon. Taeyeon threw the covers off of her and headed towards the bathroom. She quickly closed the door and tried to bypass the mirror to the shower but it was already too late, she had made contact with her own eyes.

Taeyeon hated mirrors so she had every single one taken away, save the one in the bathroom Tiffany needed. She hated the feeling of looking at herself and knowing that it wasn’t her that she saw. She hated what she had become. They told her "out of sight, out of mind" so she took to that advice but it was a load of crap. She struggled to keep herself but deep down inside she wanted to let go and throw it all away. She wanted to be free without the responsibility. Maybe that's why Hyoyeon existed.

Taeyeon went back to bed and looked at Tiffany with sadness. She didn't deserve to be stuck in this position but the latter didn't seem to mind.

Tiffany stirred awake feeling Taeyeon's gentle caresses on her cheek. "Hmm. Taetae?"

"Sorry. I woke you, Fany." Taeyeon apologized.

"It's okay," she cuddled up to Taeyeon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter