Only Tonight

Midnight Daydreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Wait, wait don’t hang up on me. WAIT!”

 

 

“BEEP.”

 

 

“Bloody tard!” Yuri threw her phone across the room and pounded her fist against the wall, anger coursing through her veins. How dare that incorrigible threaten her with that? Her demands were bloody out of this goddamn world! She let out a muffled scream in the confines of her bedroom and hit her head on the wall, desperately trying to knock some sense into herself and regain some self control. 

 

 

“ARGH!” Yuri let out one last cry before flopping onto her bed. As much as she didn’t want to do it, she knew she had to and for some reason, that resignation to her fate gave her some form of relief. Closing her eyes, Yuri let out a deep sigh and massaged her temples. 

 

 

“Goddamit. Time to get started.”

 

 

Time: 5pm

 

[==]

 

 

“Kwon Yuri...I believed you called her?”

 

 

“Yes, of course.”

 

 

“So I presume she’s going to seal the deal by tonight?”

 

 

“She will seal the deal by tonight. I promise you that.”

 

 

“Good. When and where?”

 

 

“At the docks near Ulsan tonight at 12pm.”

 

 

“Ok.”

 

 

Beep.

 

 

Click. 

 

 

Conversation recorded. Time 5.10pm, Monday, 16 June.

 

 

[==]

 

 

Sometimes Yuri wished she didn’t have to fall for that girl. 

 

 

“Hey Yuri!”

 

 

“Oh he-hey!” Her heart skipped a beat the moment she heard her voice. Looking up from her phone, she saw someone whom she always hoped to see everyday. Those beautiful eyes smiled at her in the most gorgeous way possible and a wide smile was plastered on her face.

 

 

Yuri naturally smiled back.

 

 

“You just came from the auditorium?” The girl asked as she walked up the stairs, opposite to the direction Yuri was moving in.

 

 

“Oh yeah! You’re going in for your class now?”

 

 

“Yep! What was today’s class- WOAH— AH!”

 

 

“Watch out!” Yuri bounded up the stairs in order to catch the girl who had just missed a step and was about to fall.

 

 

“Phew!” The girl caught herself before she fell and Yuri inwardly heaved a massive sigh of relief. 

 

 

“Be careful you know!” Yuri helped the shaky girl back to her feet. The little proximity between them allowed Yuri to take a whiff of her soothing scent and in that moment, Yuri wished she could freeze time. 

 

 

“You’re really fast you know!” The girl’s compliment woke Yuri out of her trance. Looking behind her, Yuri realised she had just bounded up 8 steps in 2 strides. Her face instantly went red, either from the girl’s compliment or from her embarrassment of how fast she had reacted to the girl’s plight.

 

 

“Anyway, thanks so much!” The girl bowed at Yuri and proceeded to dust herself off. “I’ll be on my way now! See you around!”

 

 

“Yep see you!” Yuri waved to the girl as she ran up the steps of the auditorium. Although her hands moved, her feet didn’t and she stayed there watching the silhouette of the girl fade away as she entered the auditorium. 

 

 

How she wished she could call her hers.

 

[==]

 

“I don’t know I’m just really attracted to her!” Yuri buried her head in her hands as she confessed to her close friend, Tiffany Hwang.

 

 

“I have to admit. She’s really pretty. But honestly Yul, you don’t stand a chance with her,” Tiffany pointed out. 

 

 

That, Yuri knew very well. The girl whom she adored had placed her faith in a religion that taught her homouality was wrong. And even if the two of them got together, it was socially unacceptable. Korea wasn’t ready for this entire concept of homouality and the consequences of coming clean terrified Yuri. If word were to go out that she loved a girl, all her friends, including that girl she loved; except for made-in-America Tiffany Hwang, would leave her side. So she had to keep this her little secret until society opened up.

 

 

[==]

 

 

Clad in her black hoodie, Yuri drove her car at a slow speed. She was early anyway so here wasn’t much of a need to rush even though her nerves were going into overdrive. 

 

 

If the police stalled her car now, her life would technically be over. She had swapped her license plate with a fake one so that if she was ever caught on camera, the police wouldn’t be able to trace her. Such an act warranted a huge fine of more than 100 000

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter