I'm Sorry, Babe.

Midnight Daydreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I have this really awesome story, Imprinted, waiting to be unveiled but my editor is taking her sweet time making me that poster.

Yup. She's alive. She's alive everybody!

^ .-. ugh das rude ( I finished! so keep an eye out for that ;) )

“Can I have a Mint Mojito, please!” The lady screamed over the music.

You had just finished the last two drinks five seconds ago when you heard the lady order a drink. You took in a deep breath and gave her a good smile. Quickly your hands went through the motions and banged out her Mint Mojito within a minute. She smiled at you and without another second wasted, you passed her the check book and she put her card on there.

Usually you’re supposed to ask the patron if they wanted to start a tab but you saw through her eyes and wanted to give her no chance of carrying a conversation. She was one of those typical ABGs. No thank you. You had a nice, lovely, y idol at home. She was good enough for you. Hell! She was good enough for anybody.

You swiped her card and handed her the receipts and card. She pulled out her cash and left you an, oh so beautiful amount of tip. She gave you a wink and left. You grabbed it, saw a business card right under and put it in a little plastic drawer along with the other pieces of paper with phone numbers scribbled on it.

The clock struck 12am and you sighed. Two more hours until your shift ends and you can finally go home. A server by day and bartender by night five days a week certainly starts taking a toll on you but it was a career must taken if you wanted your bills paid and tummy filled. Now why must you work when your lovely girlfriend makes bank? Because that’s the obvious choice to make, duh.

Throughout the next few minutes, you noticed a figure dressed in a hoodie and a mouth mask standing behind the crowd in front of the bar but you couldn’t give this person much attention because another patron would take an order after another. Of course you can’t say no because your well being depends on their generosity.

Eventually the crowd died down for a minute or two giving the lone figure the opportunity to grab a seat right in front of you. Just like clockwork, the crowd came rushing back. The mouth mask was pulled down and guess whose pretty face greeted your long night?

Yup, you got it right. It was Luna.

“Hey! Whatcha doing here on a Tuesday?” you smiled at her brightly.

“I needed a drink,” she pouted.

“The usual?”

“Nah, surprise me,” she rested her head on her hand.

Some quick swigs of this and that and boom, you served her a refreshing drink of Moscow Mule in a tin mug. You placed her drink on top of a coaster and smiled.  She took a sip through the straw and gave you an approving grin along with a thumbs’ up.

“Is everything okay?” you asked her while ignoring everyone else’s orders.

“Yeah, things are fine. Just needed a little getaway,” she gave a reassuring grin, “Soojung’s coming soon.”

“Are you guys sure you should even be at this sort of place?”

“Now how many times have you asked us that since you started working here?”

“One year too many,” you grinned.

“Don’t worry, we’re doing nothing else but sipping on ONE drink throughout the night. Won’t even do anything to us,” she waved you off.

“I’m surprised that Soojung doesn’t mind you working at a place like this,” she began conversation.

“That’s because she still thinks that I’m not good looking enough to attract anyone,” you giggled.

“That IS true. She did say she always wanted someone uglier than her,” she shrugged.

“And I am. Just not too far behind,” you winked and she laughed.

Just as you finished your sentence the girl sitting next to her left but it wasn’t empty for long, another plopped itself on it. She rested her chin on her hand just the same and gave you a charming smile.

“I’ll never understand how someone who hates crowds is i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter