Mannequin

Midnight Daydreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: This story doesn't intend to make sense. read A/N. after for the reason why.

                I walked down the shopping streets without a destination. My eyes wondered the stores, slowly glancing through the windows. They didn’t really catch my attention though. I had no urge to buy clothes, no need to enlarge my wardrobe but a certain shop made me stop. The burgundy red display room along with its mannequin captivated my eyes. I couldn't look away. Something drew me in even further. Then I looked even closer and noticed the mannequin was very a beautiful woman. She was dressed in all black without a speck of white and she was glowing. I never had a knack for women but she had me in a trance. I couldn't look away no matter how hard I tried. There was just something so alluring about her. This isn't right, I need to leave. With every ounce of will power I had left within my veins, I tore my eyes away and headed home.

                As I kept waking quick footsteps, I shook my head. Why am I having these strange feelings for something that isn't even real? What is wrong with me?

                I felt a tap on my shoulder and my breath hitched. Before my very eye was the same mannequin from the shop display but instead of there, she was here, alive and breathing. Is my mind playing tricks on me?

                "Get yourself together! She's not real! You're just imagining things!" I spoke to myself.

                I looked at my right again and she wasn't there anymore. I sighed in relief and kept walking home. In the corner of my eye I saw a black outfit and silently cried a little inside.

                 "She's not there! Snap out of it!" I thought while shaking my head.

                She was there though, in the flesh. She walked in front of me and smiled with the sun set behind her. What is this? A movie? What is happening to me? She chuckled and giggled and I couldn't help but giggled along with her. She kept walking beside me and interlaced our arms together. I looked at her strangely but she just smiled back and kept pulling me to continue walking.

                "I'm your girlfriend," she finally spoke.

                "What?" I was so confused.

                "Do I need to say it again?" she turned her head showing her pout and furrowed eyebrows.

                "N-no," I stuttered.

                "Good, because I love you!" she giggled shyly with her free arm hiding .

                "S-Since when?" I'm still completely clueless but I didn't want to upset this girl I don't know.

                "Since you looked at me with those longing eyes back at the shop." She tightened her arm around me.

                "But you're a mannequin. You're not real, "I denied.

                "What do you mean I'm not real?!" she huffed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter