Seatmate

Look At Me Now

Hyerin walked through the hallway still can't believe what just happened back there. Not to mention she doesn't know where her classroom was. She wanted to ask the students around, but they all seems pretty busy with their own clique. Who would've thought that a private school had so many students.

When the school bell rang everyone was rushing to class and there left Hyerin stood alone in the hallway. "Damn, like seriously these kids are so not friendly." she huffed her bangs on her forehead since no one seems to care asking her if she needs help although she had been searching around in the hallway looking like a lost person.

"You there, why are you not in class?" a teacher approached her while holding a cane, Hyerin thought that this must be the discipline teacher. "Excuse me, songsaengnim, I'm new and I don't know where my class is." She said sounding innocent.

"Ouh, come along, you should've come to the school's office first to meet your homeroom teacher." the male teacher guided her to the school's office. "Miss Sumin, I guess this is the new student you've been waiting for." the male teacher said as they entered the school office.

"Ahh, kamsahamnida Lee songsaengnim," Miss Sumin said. She had been waiting for the new student for quite awhile. She was worried if the student got lost or something since her mother called telling that she forgot her purse and seems to walk on her own to school.

"You must be Hyerin,” Miss Sumin greeted Hyerin. “Erm, can you understand me?" Miss Sumin was worried if her words were hard for her transfer student to understand. "Dae songsaengnim, I'm Korean too." Hyerin answered humbly. Miss Sumin sighed in relief since her English wasn’t that good too.

"Your mother just called, she was worried since you didn't pick up her calls, but I'll call her telling you arrived safely." Miss Sumin continued. "Let’s go, I'll bring you to your class." she added.

♦ ¤ ♦ ¤ ♦

Sliding the door open, Miss Sumin stepped inside and had a few words with the teacher who was teaching in the class. "That math teacher will take over." Miss Sumin told Hyerin as she stepped out from the class, after a few more words Miss Sumin left.

As Hyerin stepped into the class, the students started chattering and whispering to each other. "Is she the one from the States?" "Omoo, I thought it was a foreigner." "She looks Korean." “She’s hot!” “Woo, maybe she did surgery.” Hyerin tightened her grip on her backpack strap, hearing the critics and comments from her soon to be classmates.

"Okay class, settle down." The math teacher knocked her table a few times trying to calm everyone down. "Come, introduce yourself." the math teacher said in English. Hyerin was lost for a second should she be introducing in English too? "Hello, nice to meet you, I'm Kim Hyerin." she said confidently in English. Instead of feeling excited for her class she felt that she did something really wrong.

"Can't she speak Korean" a girl said looking annoyed by her introduction. The math teacher just shut everyone up and told Hyerin to take her sit at the back. There were 2 empty sits so she just chose which one she likes. Almost the whole class eyed her when she walked to her sit especially the girls.

"Oh my god, Emily was right about I might be bullied here." Hyerin whispered under her breathe in English hoping that no one would hear or understand. When Hyerin sat down on a seat next to the window the whole class went chaos again.

"What did I just do now?" she said in her head. After the math teacher left a group of girls came to her seat. "Annyeong," one off the girl said. Well she looks nice Hyerin thought. "So you're from the States? Do you know Korean?" the girl asked speaking in fluent English. Hyerin smiled feeling relieved perhaps they could be friend. "Dae, I know Korean." Hyerin answered in Korean. The girls around her just smirked like they're feeling disgusted.

"You're so beautiful, did you do surgery in the States?" the girl asked again while touching her face. Hyerin widened her eyes. “Oh this is no friend” she thought. If you think I would stay quite then you're wrong, Hyerin said in her head.

"Anniyo, I'm a natural beauty? Wae? Did you had to get a surgery to be pretty here?" She talked back provoking the girl. The whole class was surprised by her answer. The other girls around her looked very pissed, they're about 4 of them.

"Nari-ya kemanhae." Suddenly a male student came through telling the girls to stop. "Hye, I'm Minki I'll be guiding you today, come on." Hyerin was glad that at least someone cared. Minki took her hand and pulled her out. Hyerin was taken by surprised with the sudden action.

♦ ¤ ♦ ¤ ♦

Minki let go of her when they're out, "Sorry about back there, the girls are probably jealous of you." he said. "Jealous? erm why?" Hyerin asked in confusion. "Well, just consider yourself special and lucky." Minki winked at her and walked ahead leading the way. Hyerin just frowned her eyebrows. Lucky? Special? What is this guy talking about? I just got bullied and knocked down on my first day and I'm considered lucky? Hyerin debated with herself.

"Well, that's everything." Minki said after they had finished touring the school. "Thank you so much, I'm Hyerin by the way." she said. "Yeah, I know you said it in the classroom just now." Minki said being sarcastic.

"Ouh and Hyesun, just a friendly reminder," Minki said as they were walking back to class. "Bwo?" Hyerin asked. "I think things will be quite hard on you in this few days because of your seatmate." Minki said. Hyerin halted her move, "Seatmate? But I'm sitting alone aren't I?" Hyerin asked not feeling good about all this.

"Nope, erm,," Minki scratched his head didn't know how to explain. "Do you probably know EXO?" he asked because Hyerin might not know since she's from the States. Hyerin blinked for a few times, "Erm yes, I heard about them but I don't really know them" she said. Well she only knows Oh Sehun from all the 12 to be exact.

"Well, they're quite popular nowadays in Korea since they’re making a comeback soon." Minki explained. "So?" Hyerin asked still don't understand what is going on. Why is this guy suddenly trying to introduce her to a boy group? She thought.

"Your seatmate is one of the member, he's name is Oh Sehun. But, it’s good that you don't know as long as you're not their fan you'll be safe from their fans I guess." Minki explained. Well knowing how the fandoms thing work as long as you're not the fan or don’t know the idols it’s okay for their fans if you’re to be close with the idols since you wouldn't care about the idols or have feelings for them.

Hyerin's mind went blank for a second. "Who? Who was my seatmate again?" She asked for confirmation. Minki raised his eyebrows. Wow never thought a girl in this school wouldn't know Oh Sehun at all. Well since Hyerin just transferred today that could happen.

"His name is Oh Sehun, you'll meet him later if he's not busy." Minki repeated. "Well, I'll be going first you can look around if you want, you're excuse from class today." Minki pats her shoulder and walked away.

Can this day be any shocking?! Hyesun shouted in her head.


Author's Note:

Sorry for a short chapt,, >_< currently an International Baccaulaureate student here,,~

Time is so packed,, but my holiday is coming soon,, xD

So do wait for new updates,~ ^_^

Do Comment / SUbscribe / Upvote..~!! xD