Not This Time

Look At Me Now

After having her shower Hyerin went to the kitchen to make herself breakfast. Since her parents wouldn’t be home till the next morning it’s going to be only her in the house. Plating her nicely done omelet on the plate she placed herself on the couch and the TV. Since having meal on the dining table isn’t her style anyway.

“Korea’s rising boy band EXO had successfully gathered numbers of crowd for their first comeback fanmeeting yesterday…”

Hyerin rolled her eyes as the morning news made her lost her appetite. The anger that she thought would fade away overnight was still creeping insinde her. The thought of wasting the last 12 years of her life to just keep waiting for someone who she believes would cherish her return back in Korea doesn’t help to chase the anger away.

EXO rising popularity is undeniable making fans flustered the moment having to meet them face to face…”

Hyerin almost choked on her food the moment she saw the clip of someone stood frozen in front of Sehun then suddenly ran away through the crowd leaving the guy dumbfounded.

“What?! Is there no other important news to be reported like some building got on fire or a cat just got struck by lightning or something?!” Hyerin sat up feeling so unbelievable that she just saw herself on TV looking totally stupid being the topic of a flustered fangirl.

Some fans who were interviewed gave their feedback about how captivating EXO’s comeback stage was, some even cried saying that finally meeting EXO was like a dream come true. But the feedback that made Hyerin switched off the TV was some negative comments about the flustered fangirl who couldn’t control herself to touch their idol.

“That’s it Oh Sehun or EXO is nowhere to be found in my life dictionary anymore!” she scrapped of her half eaten omelet into the trash and left her plate in the sink.

She went up to her room, took her phone and sling bag before putting on her sneakers and went outside for some fresh air. It was a good thing that her face was blurred out in the news or else she would be balling up in her room since facing the outside world meant committing suicide to be facing all those scary fangirls.

“Huhh,” she pushed back her hair feeling so stuffy this early in the morning. Since she’s new she doesn’t have any friends that she could hang out with. The only Korean person she knew was her class president, Minki. And it would be really weird to just be asking him out to hang out in the weekend.

* * * *

“Guys, manager hyung said that the company just called,” Kris came out from the bedroom and sitted himself in between Kai and Sehun who was playing with their PS3 the maknaes quickly pause their game.

“Is something wrong?” Lay who was still not finished with his breakfast asked from the dining table. While the others who were still in their bedrooms came out to hear what the company was calling for.

Kris looked up from his phone only to see 11 pairs of eyes focusing on him, “They said that they’re giving us a day off today,” he smiled making his gum visible while raising his eyebrows.

“Yehet!!” Sehun bounced off his sit jumping like a student who was told that there would be no homework, “Assa,~!! Let’s go back to bed.” Baekhyun dragged Chanyeol with him.

The others just sighed in relief finally having a break after a week of their tight schedule. But they never complain since working hard to show their fans the best of them is their responsibility they thought.

“Sehun-ah let’s get ourselves some bubble tea date later on,” Luhan slapped Sehun’s hand before walking to the toilet to have his shower.

“Okay hyung!” Sehun just rubbed the pain on his arm away and continued focusing on his game.

“I wanna follow too!!” Tao came shaking Sehun’s arm like a little kid.

“No you can’t,” Sehun shrugged, “It’s my date you know,” he sticked his tongue out making Tao creased his eyebrows before whining away. Kyungsoo and Chen who was sitting on the couch beside Kai just laughed seeing how childish their members could be.

“Hyung! Wanna grab some coffee?” Chen got up from his sit as he saw Xiumin putting on his running shoes.

Xiumin just gave Chen a plain reaction, “You just ruined my plan you know,” Xiumin had been working out a lot these days trying to lose all his baozi- like-fat although he wasn’t that fat.

“Haha, I knew it you would always choose coffee over everything.” Chen pulled Xiumin out after wearing his shoes.

That’s how they would spend their off day. Either going out as all the 12 or just in pairs or in groups. But since most of them preferred to stay back in their dorm only some of them decided to go out.

Suho would always remind everyone to behave if they’re going out in public and be careful since the manager wasn’t there to follow them 24/7.

“Come on let’s go,” Luhan called Sehun over. “Bye, Kai we’ll need to end this later,” Sehun patted Kai.

“Yaa,, yaa,, it’s almost finish!” Before Kai could called him back both Sehun and Luhan had left.

“Shut up, you’ll wake the others up,” Kyungsoo flicked the back of Kai’s head. “let’s continue,” he sat beside him grabbing the controller that Sehun had tossed away before running for Luhan.

“Ouh yeah,” Kai smirked satisfied that he had company again.

* * * *

Luhan and Sehun took the back ally, although it’s daytime still people won’t use the back ally as their daily path. Their fans weren’t much there either but still there would be some waiting.

“Are we going to the usual?” Sehun asked fixing his snapback on his head.

“Yeah, but trust me it’s going to get packed up there since its weekend.” Luhan smiled and waved at the few fans who waited for them screaming their names.

That was just the beginning of a tiring day for them, since they’re going out in public and to the usual hot place where they did their bubble-tea date people would be swarming the place in no time.

“So, where had you been going last night? Mind sharing?” Luhan nudged Sehun’s shoulder as they were walking down the streets that already starting to fill with fans tailing them.

“Wow, hyung I can’t say it out in public.” Sehun chuckled while raising his eyebrows.

“What?! What did you do??” Luhan locked Sehun’s neck under his arm as they were walking making the fans around them scream in excitement, seeing their idols joking around together especially those who ship SeLu; HunHan ship.

Sehun just laughed it out, “Later, later, I’ll tell you later,” struggling himself to be freed.

♦ ¤ ♦ ¤ ♦

Hyerin walked down the street, window shopping through looking at the display glass along the shop. This time she had studied the road before going out. She took the bus to the city where most of the shop are.

It would cost her a fortune to buy those branded collections so she just decided to do window shopping. But there was a place that caught her attention. It was a bubble-tea café the smell of hot waffle was like pulling her towards the café.

Not to mention the various menu of coffee and beverages on the menu board but almost half of it was filled with bubble-tea menu.

The café was only quarter filled with people, perhaps it was still early for couples to go on a date or friends to hang out. Hyerin just smiled as she made her way to the entrance.

Pulling the door open the smell captured her nose making her thought that this would be the smell of heaven.

After studying the menu for quite some time, Hyerin walked to the counter and ordered her Chocolate bubble-tea with Chocolate Chip and Caramel Glazed Vanilla Ice cream Waffle before heading to the corner table.

She knew that the price would cost her a fortune too but she couldn’t care less as long as her stomach is full than everything is fine.

Yet, the place weren’t heaven after all, although she wished it would be but not until a familiar figure step inside.

She should’ve known better when she was walking to her seat she checked on the Idol’s Wall corner, if she was being meticulous she should’ve seen the EXO autographs with complete all the 12 members signatures on top.

Crowd of people started to pile outside. Only a few managed to get in as the shop manager decided to locked up the doors as some immature fans started screaming, cursing and fighting happened.

So the people who were inside were supposed to be ‘Lucky’ but not Hyerin.

As the bell at the counter rang signaling that her order was ready, Hyerin felt like covering up her face and just snatched her order from the counter but then people would label her the flustered fangirl again.

So she just walked as if she didn’t know them, hoping that they too would not remember her. Well why would Sehun remember her anyway the last she checked he had forgot him for a long time ago.

“Do you want to hang around here or just grab a bubble-tea and leave?” Luhan looked at the fans outside somehow feeling sorry for them to be locked out like that. But he couldn’t do anything being famous doesn’t give him the power to order around other people business place.

“Let’s just grab one and leave I don’t think I could hang around seeing them being locked out.” Sehun too felt the same way.

“Aww, our maknae is getting mature day by day,” Luhan ruffled Sehun’s hair, “Whatever I’ll go buy, you can have a sit,” shoving Luhan aside.

Hyerin took a deep breath as she walked pass Sehun and Luhan to the counter. Taking her tray she turned around to walk back to her sit quietly and peacefully hoping that God would spare her from meeting him eye in eye again, not this time in public.

As Sehun shoved Luhan away and turned around to walk up the counter, he accidentally bumped into someone who was carrying a tray.

“Damn it,” Hyerin cursed as the tray wasn’t on her grip anymore. What have I done in my life to deserve all this humiliation in public? Hyerin shut her eyes closed and let out a sigh before kneeling down to clean up the mess.

The fans outside was quite for a while the people who was on their seat got up to see what happened. All eyes were on Hyerin and Sehun.

“Oh-Oww..” Luhan bit his lip, “This kid seriously,” he sighed Luhan walked by Sehun who’s already kneeling down repeating sorry for like the thousand times.

“I’m so sorry,” Sehun placed the bubble-tea back on the tray since that was the only thing that was saved because it was in a plastic cup sealed. But the plate was broken and the waffle and ice cream was scattered around.

“Go get the broom quickly,” the manager came out after hearing the sound.

“Miss are you okay?” The manager stood by Hyerin who still had her head fixed on the ground.

“I-I’m fine.” She startled as she was busy putting the glass pieces back on the tray. “Just leave it there we’ll clean it up.” The manager assumed.

Hyerin just nodded. Sehun already stood up offering her a hand. The fans around started to scream again.

As she was about to stand up, her legs felt weak making her stumbled to her side but Sehun reflexes’ quick enough to grab her arms and pulled her up making her turned around facing him.

“Kim Hyerin?” Sehun blurted when he finally got the view of her face “Are you okay?” Sehun started to study her hands seeing whether she had hurt herself with the glass.

The crowd around started to buzz as Sehun said the girl’s name as if they knew each other. Luhan just stood dumbfounded.

Hyerin pushed his hand away, “I-I’m fine!” she said almost shouting. She opened the door and made her way out of the crowd. Clicking sound of the camera could be heard as she was walking pass the crowd.

Looks like Kim Hyerin would be known all around in no time.


Author's Note;

Wooooow,~!! It's been like forever since I last update and I should've update next week that is after my exam but my hands are eager to type the update down,~ lalalalaa xD

HAHA & my roommate is saying that I'm crazy since I've typing since 6 to 11pm >_< because I need to update my Kyungsoo fanfic too, 'I'm Not Just Your Umbrella' huhooooo,~

hope you'll wait for the next update due next week after my mid-sem exam okayy ~

Do comment / subscribe / upvote,,~!! xD