38

Snowing in the summer

“Hey SoAh” BamBam caught up with SoAh when he saw her at the gate.

“Oh, BamBam” SoAh gave him a smile.

“Feeling okay?”

“Yeah”

“If you feel any discomfort, you must tell me immediately okay.”

“I will be okay BamBam, you don’t have to worry” BamBam ruffled SoAh’s hair.

“How sweet, you threw me away and found someone you can dig money from already? That’s fast” Mark came up behind her and commented, “BamBam ah, be careful, she might take all your money when you never notice” SoAh bit her lips and could only sighed at his hurtful comment, after all, she was the one that hurt him. “I can’t believe you still have the face to step in to this school, shouldn’t you be going overseas after receiving the money?”

“Hyung…” BamBam tried to stop Mark from continuing, he could see SoAh was hurt deeply, but was stopped by SoAh. She just shook her head and headed in to the school.

“Hyung, don’t be too harsh on her”

“So you knew?”

“Yeah, her brothers called me”

“Seriously BamBam, be careful of her” 

“Hyung, she is not those type of girls. Please trust her” BamBam got the urge to tell Mark, but he knew if he were to tell Mark, SoAh would really disappear.

Mark let out a sarcastic laugh, “Trust her? She told me herself, that she dated me because of money, and you want me to trust her. I've thought about it the past few days, honestly, it wasnt too surprising that's she's doing this isn't it?"

“I can only tell you to trust her, see you at lunch” BamBam left the speechless Mark outside school.

SoAh was just hoping that today will be a peaceful day, which was impossible because of the incident in the morning. Some of the girls have been badmouthing about her, she could sense it. It was as if time had travelled back to the time when Got7 and her was not in good terms.

“Min So Ah, we need to talk” Jackson pulled SoAh roughly away from her locker when she was halfway taking her textbooks out making all her books fall to the ground.

“Where are you taking me! Class is starting soon! Wang Jackson!” Jackson ignore her and continue dragging her until they reach the back of the school.

“What do y -” “What did you do to Mark”

SoAh was caught off guard but kept her composure, “I just told him the truth.”

“You know that’s not the truth, you both love each other, why are you doing this, I don’t understand. Do you know how hurt he was? Huh SoAh? He drank for days, he was broken.” She could see that Jackson care a lot for Mark. She was hurt too. Him telling her all these only make it worse.

“That’s the truth. I never loved him.” SoAh turned her back from Jackson and her tears slipped.

“Look at me and say that again! We all can see how much you and Mark love each other”

SoAh wanted Jackson to stop, stop reminding her of Mark. She turned back to Jackson with faked determination in her eyes after wiping her tears, “I never loved him” Looking straight in to Jackson’s eyes and said that. She felt as if she had taken a knife and stabbed herself, she can lie to everyone but she can’t lie to herself. She was trembling.

“Why are you crying then!”

“I felt bad for Mark, for meeting someone like me. It's Pathetic” SoAh ran away after she finished her sentence.

*Why are you hurting yourself, whatever your reason is, I hope you turn back in time before it’s too late. *


“Min SoAh!” *SLAP*

SoAh was just walking to the canteen during break time when she heard her name being called, she turned to the source of the voice but got a slap which came too sudden for her. She looked up to the culprit to find the evil sister of Mark. She didn’t retort this time. She deserved this, she thought.

“I knew you were same as those girls.” She pulled on to SoAh’s hair, “This wench” She threw SoAh’s body towards the railings of the corridor. Luckily for SoAh, she turned her body fast enough, preventing her head from colliding with the railings. She held on to her injured wrist before standing up. Joy didn’t stop, storming up to her. The other students were just whispering to each other, no one is helping SoAh. Even when the crowd was getting bigger, none of them helped her. Her hair was in a mess. She wanted to cy but didn’t let her tears out, because she knew she deserved all these. She’s not in the position to cry.

“I am glad Mark finally found someone. You should’ve left him earlier. So that he and YooJin unnie would’ve got together by now. If you know where you stand, I suggest you to leave MJT now.”  Joy turned to go but stopped when she saw the crowd, “What are you guys looking at! Now all of you know what kind of person she is. Don’t get fooled by her! Now scram!” The crowd dispersed immediately.

SoAh lowered her head and headed back to the classroom. She surely doesn’t have the mood to find any trouble at the canteen and of course she doesn’t have any mood to eat any lunch right now. She lied on her table and tears slipped out of her eyes. She hated herself for being so weak. She wasn’t like this last time.


“Why didn’t I see SoAh around? Since 2 days ago. I saw her in school this morning, she should be here by now.” JB and JR asked not knowing the changes in mood of their friends. BamBam, Jackson and Youngjae glanced at each other before landing their gaze at Mark. JB and JR sensed something was wrong, “What happened?” They asked, looking at the three of them but all three avoided their eyes. They turned to Mark instead.

“what?”

“What ‘what’? What happened!” They prompted

“We broke up” Mark said as if it was the most normal thing in the world, and continue munching on his food.

“YOU WHAT?! YAH MARK TUAN! DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU’RE SAYING! ARE YOU EVEN HEARING YOURSELF!” JB was legit angry at the moment. He was shouting at his friend making the whole population in the crowd stop whatever they are doing and look their way.

“SHE BROKE UP WITH ME ALRIGHT! Why does everyone think that it’s my fault when I say that! ITS HER OKAY! ITS HER!” Mark threw his spoon and fork on the table and left the happening lunch room.

“What is he saying?”

“Hyung, they broke up. SoAh were the one who asked for break up” YoungJae explained seeing everyone so quiet.

“Then where is SoAh?” JR asked.

“I have no idea, I only saw her in the morning” this time, BamBam spoke up, being the only person that saw SoAh.

“Don’t you think Joy was a little harsh on that girl?” They overheard 2 girls talking at the other table. “I think she deserves it though, I heard she got together with Mark for money. She said it herself.”

“What are y’all talking about?”  JB walked towards those girls, and they stood up from their seats, looking nervous.

“E-eh?”

“I SAID WHO ARE Y’ALL TALKING ABOUT?”

“S-SoAh and- and Joy had some fight just now.”

“Where is she now?”

“I saw her running back to the classroom block”

JB took off without even waiting for the others. He ran towards SoAh’s classroom to find her head on her desk. Her head was buried in it. Hearing sounds coming from the door, she wiped her tears off quickly before pretending to be asleep.

JB pulled her up which startled her. When he saw her swollen eyes and reddened nose, he softened. SoAh knew why he was here. She expected the confrontation sooner or later.

“Why are you here?”

“you know why I am here, you tell me why” JB was very serious when it comes to his friend. He could see how much Mark was hurt. He could also see how much SoAh was hurt. As the leader of the group, he has to know their problems, and he wanted to help them solve it.

“I don’t know why you are here. Just leave me alone before I away all your money.” SoAh wants to make all of them leave her life. She knew clearly why, because she doesn’t want to hurt anyone, she doesn’t want them to be sad when she leaves.

“What are you talking about, did you… really got together with Mark for money?” JB asked carefully, afraid of offending her. GOT7 excluding Mark was outside of her classroom, listening to their conversation. BamBam wants to run in and explain for her but he resisted.

“Yes, I got together with him for money. Now can you leave? You see, I am not as nice as you think. I am just someone everyone hates, I am just a money er, so please stop it. Stop believing in me, stop being so nice to me, and just, just stop being friends with me”

JB furrowed his eyebrows, everyone knew she had her own reason because the SoAh they knew aren’t like this.

JR strolled in to the classroom and held on to SoAh’s left cheek which got slapped by Joy. “Does this still hurts?” SoAh stepped back from them. JR left out a sigh, “At least eat this, you don’t want to get sick again do you” He left a sandwich before signalling JB to leave. JR sort of knew why SoAh did not go for lunch after he overheard the two girls’ conversation, thus he bought a sandwich before catching up with the rest to SoAh’s class.

“What is happening to her?” Jackson was frustrated, he just couldn’t understand.

“OPPA!! Dongsaeng!!” The 6 of them turned towards the voice.

“oh? That… YOOJIN unnie?!” YoungJae couldn’t believe who he was seeing.

“Why is she back? No, why is she here?! Does Mark know that she’s back?” Yugyeom asked.

YooJin was running towards them excitedly, while their face reflected a contrast of her expression, they were not even a little excited to see her.

“Aren’t you excited to see me?” She stopped in front of them, smiling so brightly.

“Why are you here YooJin?”

“Didn’t Mark oppa and Joy tell you guys? I came back to attend my last year of high school here in MJT, and most importantly, my parents and Mark oppa’s parents had arranged for us to get married, so TADAH! I am back!”

They were shocked. “Arrange marriage?!”

She nodded. Was that why SoAh decided to leave Mark? They thought.

They didn’t notice that their conversation was overheard by a heartbroken girl. SoAh was hiding behind the lockers as she continues to listen to their conversation.

*So Mark finally found the right blind date partner to get married huh. Tch I was worried for nothing*


After school, SoAh was packing, ready to head off to her workplace.

She stopped on her steps when she saw Got7 with the girl who had conversed with them earlier. She felt dejected and disappointed. She smiled sadly to herself, she felt silly. Why would she be disappointed, she shouldn’t be, it was her decision right.

In SoAh’s point of view, they were having a good time laughing, being smiley and all. Even Mark was smiley.

But in their point of view, they were just forcing out laughter and smiles due to respect. In anyway, their childhood friend just came back from overseas, it was never right to treat her with hostility.

SoAh just left without a second look.


“you are finally home SoAh! JB and JR came for a visit”

SoAh watched the scene of her brothers and the two of them talking. She didn’t want to see them but it doesn’t feel right to ask them to leave because they were her brothers’ friends as well.

JB and JR had yet to tell her brother anything that happened in school that day, including Mark’s arrange marriage.

“I will be in my room”

“Has SoAh been like this?”

“Yeah, she locked herself in the past 2 days, I was so worried that she’s gonna faint again. She went to school this morning and we thought SoAh had recovered, but seeing her like this, I don’t think so. Ever since she broke up with Mark.” SeongJun said

“I still don’t understand why she broke up with him even when we all can see that she loves him so much” JunSeo glanced at his sister room worriedly.

“Can I talk to her?” JR suggested, gaining attention from the three guy in the room. JunSeo nodded towards her room, signalling that he allows him to do so.

JR knocked on the door before opening the door to enter. He saw SoAh getting up from her bed and realised she was sleeping before.

“Sleeping so early?”

“Yeah” SoAh rubbed her eyes, “I’m tired”

“Hey, I know it’s not true, I am willing to wait until you want to tell me the real reason behind all your doings. I know you are not those type of girls.” JR spoke, hoping SoAh would tell him the reason, but did not try to pry into her privacy, giving her space and time to think about it.

“What if I say it’s true? JR, not everyone is as nice as you think. Joy had told you guys so many bad things about me, have you never ever doubt me before?”

“No I didn’t, because I trust you ever since we became friends. I treat you like my own sister, and I just know that you wouldn’t do that. That’s not you. Are you going to continue behaving like this and hurt your brother’s feeling? Aren’t you going to tell them what had gone wrong? you can don’t trust us, but you can’t not trust your brothers who had been by your side for the past 19 years of your life.”

“You don’t understand”

“yes, I don’t understand and never will understand if you don’t want to talk to any of us. We all can see how much you love M--”

“I DON’T LOVE HIM! NEVER HAD AND NEVER WILL!” SoAh denied. She didn’t want to be reminded of him.

“So it’s okay if he’s together with other girls? If he’s married to another girl other than you?” SoAh shuts upon hearing that.

*no it’s not okay…*

SoAh did not answer his question because she doesn’t have the courage to say out. She didn’t want to lie about this because she knows it was not okay to see him with another girl other than her. She didn’t want that to happen.

“SoAh, please think about it. I don’t know why you are doing this to yourself and him but please, talk to us. Or even better, tell Mark what’s wrong. you’re hurt as much as he is. Stop tormenting the both of you. I will be leaving first, it’s up to you to decide.” JR stood up to go, not before giving another look at SoAh, he was worried about her. She looks like she had lost a lot of weight and she was paler than before.