27

Snowing in the summer

“SeongJun oppa” you went in to the themed café with packed odaeng and various pushcart food. It was one your favourite food during winter as well as your families.

“You are finally here, I am so hungry”

“I didn’t say I came here to eat with you, I just said I am coming to visit you”

“I knew you will bring me food so I waited for you pumpkin, im glad you didnt lose your way” yes, he was back to calling you pumpkin. You and your brothers were back to before thanks to Got7, they helped you got back up, JB and JR sometimes visited your house and kept your brothers accompanied. You didn’t know they became close until the first time they dropped by your house after the funeral. You were glad as you see your brothers smiling more each day, you were thankful to them.

“What if I came at night?”

“Then I will starve and wait for you” he stuck his tongue out at you.

“Pabo”

The two of you bickered the whole of the lunch time and his co-worker were complaining in a joking way at how noisy you two were.

“Oppa, I will return to school first okay? I will see you at home tonight then!”

“Alright pumpkin! Be careful alright” he ruffled your head and walked you to the nearest bus stop. "Don't forget to wait for hyung to fetch you!"


“SoAh!” Jackson ran towards you when you guys met coincidently at the school gate.

You were about to wave to him when you heard Joy complaining again.

“Why is she everywhere, dam it I hate her so much, oppa please don’t hang out around her already”

“What can I do when Got7 love her so much” Mark said, annoyed, hiding the fact that he wants to spend time with you.

“Then stop hanging out with Got 7!” Mark stopped on track and faced his sister. The sister that he once spoilt was now annoying to him. He just wanted her to stop all her nonsense. He didn’t know why she was so against you when you didn’t do anything wrong. He never once thought about you but went along with his sister words and bullied you. But recently, he started realizing how bad he was to you when you did nothing wrong. He realised you were a nice and kind girl. He didn’t want hear anything bad about you coming out of his sister’s mouth especially when you were at your lowest. This was kinda his last straw, asking him to stop hanging out with his closest friends since young was too much.

“JOY TUAN!” he shouted at her which made the got7 members who were walking towards you stopped on their track and turn their attention from you to them. You too, were shocked. The whole school knows that Joy was a precious sister to Mark, and Mark never does that to Joy. Joy was pampered by Mark and she got whatever she wanted.

“oppa?” Joy was terribly shocked

“What is wrong with you? What is your problem with SoAh? What has she ever done to you? I am your older brother, not someone you can order around. I can hang out with whoever I want to hang out with. Since young, I have been spoiling you but that doesn’t mean that you can take it for granted!” JB ran back beside Mark, attempting to calm him down seeing at Joy’s sullen face but Mark held out a hand, signalling that he has more to say.

Jackson beside you were secretly laughing at Joy because he really dislike her since the first day because of her attitude, gaining a hit on his shoulder by you. “Should we leave first?”

“No! why should we? The show just began” the others secretly agreed to his sentence. They didn’t like how Joy treated you, Mark and everyone else. Its time Mark do something about it. And they were glad Mark is finally awake after all these while.

“You can go crying to mom and dad, you can get hyung to scold me, you can leave MJT since everything you do, mom will never get upset at you. I haven’t been saying this but don’t you think you are big enough to stop being a baby? Because you are the princess of this school, everyone has to listen to you? Please grow up and be mature.”

“Mark, I think that’s enough, let’s go back school.” JB pulled mark away before he continue his words. Joy was embarrassed, many students were looking their way, and she covered her tears stained face and ran away.

“There’s nothing to see! Go back to your class!” YoungJae shouted towards the other MJT students, and they ran off afraid to be on the blacklist of MJT princes.

“Kaja SoAh, the drama ended” Jackson led you away.


After lesson ended, you left the premises, hoping to reach home faster to get enough rest because you were dead tired. You’ve decided that tomorrow, you will start finding part time jobs to lift off some burden your brothers were carrying, and you knew how much JunSeo wanted to do music and how SeongJun wanted to take up architecture but they couldn’t even study with ease.

The next day, you woke up refreshed, preparing breakfast and heading to school earlier today. As usual, you met up with Got 7 and had lunch together during break. After school, you bade your goodbyes and told them you had something to attend.

You went around the neighbourhood to look for jobs but to no avail. You had no choice but to go to another district which is around 15minutes bus ride from school. After spending around an hour finding your way through the alleys and streets, you came across this flower shop. There is an old lady struggling to bring in the huge vase of flower, you rushed over to help her.

She thanked you and wanted to give you a stalk of rose in return but you rejected, instead you took this chance and ask her. “Mam, by any chance, are you hiring?”

“Why young lady? Are you interested?” you nodded, full of hopes.

“I am hiring since I was open, but no one wants to work here because of the late opening hours, low pay and inaccessible location. Will you still be interested?” she explained

“Of course I am if you are willing to take me in”

“Yes of course young lady, you are so kind.” She smiled and patted your back, you bowed at her in return. After further discussion for schedule and working hours, you happily return back to your house.


“Yah Min So Ah! Aren’t you suppose to reach home early today? Where did you go?” SeongJun asked.

“I went out with Got 7” you lied, because you didn’t want them to know. You knew your eyes would betray you so you were more conscious, you came in well prepared.

“but JB and JR dropped by just now” JunSeo’s turn to speak, coming out from the kitchen with a cup of water.

“y-yeah, I went out with Mark and BamBam”

“I see you and Mark have become closer now huh” SeongJun said, receiving a glare from you. Both of you knew how much JunSeo didn’t want you to have anything with Mark yet he likes to give these type of comments.


The next day after school, you exited the school gate. You felt empty when you didn’t see any Got7 members around. They have become part of your life that you expected yourself to see them every day. You will only be starting work next week so you walked home with a gloomy face. *When did I start behaving this way, I need to get a grip on myself*

“Min so ah!” you heard a familiar voice calling out your name, your ears perked up, your face brightened. You turn around to find Mark standing infront of you.

“Mark?”

“Yeah why? Miss me?”

“Tch, you wish. Where’s the others?”

“they have some extra classes going on”

“and you don’t?”

“yeah I don’t” he said nonchalantly. They were from the same class but he doesn’t have to go for extra classes. What do you expect from a MJT prince.

“Let’s go”

“go where?” you didn’t have time to prepare before Mark dragged you towards the direction of your house.

"Mark, did you and Joy talk things out?" you thought about what happened that day.

"dont worry about her, shes just being a brat"

"but i thought you love her the most?"

"but i love you more" 

"I am being serious now Mark, she is your precious sister, you might reg-"

"SHH" he shushed you and continue dragging you down the street.

Mark walked you home and stopped when the two of you reached your house.

He fastened his steps and stopped infront of you. You gave him a curious look as he came closer to you.

“Mark, what are you doing?”

“So Ah, I…” *Mark say it, what you doing now, being a coward and SoAh will go to other people*

“yeah?”

“I…”

“Mark, if you have nothing to say I am going in, it’s late. Thank you for walking me home.” you attempted to walk past him but he grabbed onto your forearm and trapped you between him and the walls.

Your eyes widened at the sudden happening. He trapped you with each of his palm at the side of your head, his eyes gazing deeply at you.

“SoAh, I… I… Ireallylikeyou” he spoke in a very fast tone that you almost couldn’t catch. Key word, almost. You caught what he was trying to say but you decided to act blur. Your heart were doing the weird thing, like beating in a very fast pace. He was too close. You actually thought he was cute up close.

“huh? What are you talking about?” you blinked at him.

“I said, I like you Min So Ah” you didn’t expect him to say out so boldly. “what do you say?”

“erm mark, you are too close” you held out one hand to push him away but instead, he held on to your face and leaned in, and in a flash, you felt your lip touched his soft lip. He didn’t go further on and just stayed in the position. You closed your eyes tight, embarrassed.

You didn’t know why your heart felt like exploding. You are having the fuzzy feelings in your stomach and you didn’t dislike this skinship, you actually… enjoyed it.

After a while, Mark pulled away and stared at you again, which made you blushed. Feeling embarrassed you ran inside the house leaving him standing there, touching his lip. *what did I just do, dam it Mark, you ruined it.*


Unknown to you, SeongJun was watching you from the crossroad, he was filled with bewildered. Unlike JunSeo, SeongJun was actually aware of the interactions between you and Mark during the few times he went to your house. He knew that Mark was sincere towards you, he overlooked the past and willing to accept Mark if he was really sincere towards you. He was a man too, he knew very well how a man look at a women when he’s in love. However, at the very moment, he still can’t believe his own eyes, his own sister kissing the guy he thought would never happen to be the one his sister will like. He didn’t know you would return the feelings Mark have for you, but for sure, he knew you were confuse with your own feelings.

Finding the appropriate time, SeongJun knocked on your door.

“Tell me So Ah, have you fell in love with Mark?” SeongJun questioned you while standing at the door with his arm crossed.

You gave him an are-you-serious look.

“W-Why? Don’t be ridiculous oppa, I will never fall in love with that idiot. Why would you ask that?” You paused and thought back to that kiss, *Did oppa see that?! But…did I really not fall for Mark?*

SeongJUn walked towards your bed and sat down. “My dear Dongsaeng, I am not hyung, I won’t ban you from getting close to Mark. Although we didn’t start well, but I can see that he’s sincere towards you. If you are wondering why, yes, I saw the two of you kissing just now,-“

“No! I wasn’t kissing him!” You shook your head frantically trying to deny,

“As much as I wanted to be a protective brother, I had observe Mark enough to let you go, you need to get married one day too pumpkin.” He stood up and strode towards the door not before he heard you.

“I wasn’t kissing him!” he ignored you and left. Leaving you puffing out air of irritation.

“Tell that to hyung!”