28

Snowing in the summer

Finding the appropriate time, SeongJun knocked on your door.

“Tell me So Ah, have you fallen in love with Mark?” SeongJun questioned you while standing at the door with his arm crossed.

You gave him an are-you-serious look.

“W-Why? Don’t be ridiculous oppa, I will never fall in love with that idiot. Why would you ask that?” You paused and thought back to that kiss, *Did oppa see that?! But…did I really not fall for Mark?*

SeongJun walked towards your bed and sat down. “My dear Dongsaeng, I am not hyung, I won’t ban you from getting close to Mark. Although we didn’t start well, but I can see that he’s sincere towards you. If you are wondering why, yes, I saw the two of you kissing just now, -”

“No! I wasn’t kissing him!” You shook your head frantically trying to deny,

“As much as I wanted to be a protective brother, I had observed Mark enough to let you go, you need to get married one day too pumpkin.” He stood up and strode towards the door not before he heard you.

“I wasn’t kissing him!” he ignored you and left. Leaving you puffing out air of irritation.

“Tell that to hyung!”


The next day, as usual, you went to the happening locker and does your daily routine. You thought your morning would be peaceful as it has been the past few days, but this morning was unexpected when Joy came storming in your direction. Her hand was grabbing a stack of paper, from what you can see with the distance from her, and she was furiously making her way towards you. You ignore her and walk casually towards her direction. You were heading the way before, you are not going to change wherever you are going just because of her, you were not going to avoid her.

She stopped in front of you, blocking your way.

“Excuse me, Joy Tuan” You said flatly, before she decided to throw the stack of papers she had been holding at you. Or so you thought, when you got a closer look at what she had thrown at you, you realised it was money. Which made your body boils at that insult, you glared at her. Not worrying how much attention she had garnered from the student bodies, she continued.

“Excuse me?” she scoffed, “Min So Ah, since you love money so much, take all this money and leave my brother!”, she pushed you which made you step back and she stepped forward, “Don’t think I don’t know what you’ve been thinking, you knew my family is rich, that’s why you are trying to get near to Mark right! Tell me how much more do you want so you will leave my brother!” She practically screamed in your face.

“What does these means? Huh? So what if you are rich, that doesn’t give you the authority to put me down and look down on me!” you fearlessly stared into her eyes.

*SLAP*

“JOY TU-“ *SLAP*

“These two slap is for you to wake up from your dream. Stop thinking that my brother will like you, stop thinking that GOT7 will like you.” You held onto your cheeks, you were too shock for words, and just stared into the air, eye widened.

“You think you were everything when GOT7 got close to you, that’s what you’ve planned all along right? To get their attention and wealth! You little ” She raised her hands to slap you but got block by you. The first two time was a mistake, you are dumb if you got slap by her the third time. She was about to slap with with another hand and got stopped by you again.

"Stop it Joy Tuan!" you were pissed from getting slap for no reason early in the morning. You furiously pushed her away, as she fell. *what the...* before you could react, someone held on to your wrist.

You looked up to see the person that you wanted to avoid because of the incident yesterday.

“Oppa!” Actress Joy came back to life, she shamelessly ran behind Mark and pretended to sob. You were too shock for words, and could only look at your wrist that is being held on to by Mark. You knew your push weren't strong enough to hurt her. Joy fell down because she knew Mark was coming, was that her plan?

“Mark, I-” Before you could continue, Mark swung away your hands and brought Joy away, giving you an intense glare before he left. That moment, you felt your heart stopped. You felt as if you got knocked down by a truck while walking on the street, as if all the oxygen had left your body.

*Is Mark accusing me right now? * you tried finding an answer through his eyes, but he turned away from you and left with Joy. You couldn’t move, your legs were like they were stuck on to the ground, you were left dumbfounded. The other student body left the scene as well. 

A moment later, you saw a confused JR strolling towards you.

“SoAh! What happened? I saw Mark hyung with Joy just now and he looks angry. Do you know… wait, are you okay?” JR realized something was wrong with your expression, “SoAh, you alright? Something happened with you and Mark?” He gave the surrounding a look before he knew what had happened, that money on the floor and your reddened cheek made sense to him.

You turned your gaze to JR but didn’t mutter a single word, your eyes were getting wet.

He sighed, “There’s still some time left before the morning class, let’s get you some drink” he brought you to the canteen and sat you down first before running off to get a drink for you.

*Why am I having such feelings, I guess, I am really starting to like him didn’t I? * 

“Drink this SoAh! You will feel better after that” He pushed the drink to you before sitting down and look at you. Ever since your brothers and GOT7, mainly JB and JR, got closer, they have been treating you very well, like a sister.

“It was Joy wasn’t it? Those money…” you nodded.

“I knew it, that brat. Then what’s with you and Mark? Is your cheek okay?” he prompted reaching out to give your cheek a brief .

*If JR can see, why can’t Mark see…? * you thought

“JR” you started, gaining attention from him, “I didn’t hurt Joy, I really didn’t, I mean I did push her but it...it's definitely not enough for her to fall. I swear...”you mumbled.

JR was confused at the moment; he didn’t understand you.

“What are you talking about?”

“I don’t know, Mark just…he just came at the wrong time. He’s angry, what do I do?” You felt lost, and you knew why, you didn’t want Mark to misunderstood, you didn’t want Mark to turn his back on you. 

*How cute, how I wish I had a sister who would tell me all of her issues too* JR thought sadly, he has always wanted a sister, like you, but he didn’t want to see you sad.

You felt pain creeping up your temple. You ignore it, thinking it will stop but it didn’t. instead, it got worst. You held on to your head which startled JR.

“What is wrong with you? Why are you- SOAH!” JR anxiously carried you to the infirmary immediately upon seeing your nose bled, and you fell unconscious after that.