13

Snowing in the summer

4 days after the incident, Got7 still to visits BamBam regularly after school but they have yet to pay a proper visit to SoAh ever since they encountered her brothers. They rejected BamBam's request to visit her too, at least not before he recovers. They were not against BamBam wanting to make friends with SoAh after they knew that she had almost sacrificed her life for BamBam, because they wouldn't know what would have happened to BamBam if it wasn't for her. They were convinced that she is kind in nature.

BamBam was left alone with Mark in the ward as the other Got7 went to school, Mark decided to skip it, he didn't like attending school, and using BamBam as an excuse to skip school. After BamBam fell asleep after a long day of check-ups, Mark decided to roam around the hospital level and to get something to munch on. He was passing by that familiar 4-bed ICU ward that caught his attention. This particular lady dressed in the patient's gown reading on the bed with a white bandage around her head. He searched for the sign of her brothers but got none. So he moved towards the ward carefully.

You were reading up the economic topics that you had missed this week due to your stay in the hospital, when you saw a figure at the door to the ward at the corner of your eye. To your surprise, it was Mark. You've heard from your brothers that they came to visit while you were sleeping. You could've expected it to be Yugyeom, JB or even Jackson, but never Mark.

Not to be rude, you nodded to acknowledge his presence. He glided in and his right hand swiftly moved to touch the back of his neck. Awkwardness filled the air. You put down your books and look at him curiously.

"A-are you okay?" He was locking eyes with you. You blinked and look away embarrass. *Why do i feel so hot all of a sudden*

"Hey I’m talking to you, are you okay?" He was speaking so softly, different from how he was in school. You faced him but your eyes stayed at his nose, you didn’t dare to look at his eyes. *My heart is beating so fast* you unconsciously touched your chest to ease your beating heart. You took a deep breathe “y-ye, I’m recovering well”

“That’s good to hear, erm…” He paused, “thank you for saving BamBam”

“You don’t have to thank me” you mumbled, placing your eyes everywhere but him. You could feel your cheek burning. *What’s wrong with me, probably that blow got me weird* the silence that followed was very awkward and uncomfortable, but it doesn’t seem like it to Mark, he look like he didn’t have the intention to speak any moment now. *If he doesn’t want to talk why did he come here* you thought.

“Is BamBam okay?“ You asked.

“He is only suffering from minor injuries, he’s sleeping now. If you’re okay then I guess I should take my leave now” he smiled and turned to leave. *Wait, he smiled, The Mark freaking smiled*

“W-wait, can you-can you stay for a while more.” You stuttered. *what did I just do?!* You covered your mouth in embarrassment for blurting out nonsense.

“Sure”

“Huh?!” *Did he just said sure*

Mark sat down beside you on the bed which caused you to blush even more, hoping Mark wouldn’t see it. You shifted away from him slightly as he was sitting too close to you. What you didn’t know was that Mark was embarrassed too. He hid his emotion well, at least well enough not to let you notice that you had so much impact on him. The room was filled with awkwardness again. You began to regret asking him to stay. You bite your lip, it, bite it and repeat the action. He wasn't facing you, and you stared at his perfect side profile. *What’s wrong with me, my heart is beating so fast and I feel so hot, and why is he being so friendly, he’s never like this. But why haven't i realise that he's actually good looking*

You took in a deep breath and breathed out. Took your book and flipped through the pages. You were never good with words to start a conversation. As far as you knew Mark, he's a man of few words. “You asked me to stay and you’re reading your book?” His diva personality is back now.

You closed your books almost immediately after hearing what he said, It’s true you asked him to say so you couldn't argue with him on this. "I was just feeling lonely staying in the hospital for so long."

"Where are your brothers?" He finally faced you.

"They have work, they can't possibly stay with me 24/7."

"Do you... do you want to go for a walk in the park?" He suggested.

"Y-yes, why not." Anything is better than staying in the room with silence. You have yet to try to get out of the bed since the day you got into the hospital. Your brothers had specifically told the nurse to bring you to everywhere with wheelchair, you had no choice but to follow. Stepping on the cold hard floor, your feet wobbled because it was not used to it. You thought you would fall but Mark held on to your arms. "You think you will be okay out of the bed?"

"I will be okay." He held onto your arms while you were wearing your shoe.

You felt great breathing in fresh air, and you like the feeling of being outside of that suffocating room. Mark felt happy looking at you walking with light steps in front of him which made him smile again.

"Why aren't you in school?" You stopped at a bench and took a sit.

"School is not for me, i prefer to stay with Bam" He too, walk towards you and sat beside you.

"You guys seemed really close"

"We knew each other since we were in kindergarten, more than a decade now, it’s difficult not to get close."

"Can I ask you one question?" He nodded for you to continue. "Do you really hate me? Why do you hate me?"

He was taken aback by your sudden question. But he still calmly replied you. "That’s two questions. Then can I ask you one question?" without waiting for your answer, he continued anyway. "Why did you do all those things to Joy?"

"Do what?" you were confused.

"Pick on her when she's alone and you threatened her ." His eyes changed from a calm one to an angry one.

"Was that why you guys started to pick on me? No wonder you're so angry that day. Even if i say no, you wouldn't believe me anyway." You were offended by his replies. You wanted to walk away from him but you stood up too fast which made your head spin. You stood rooted, back facing Mark to stable yourself before you continue to walk towards the building. Not after 3 steps you felt something flowing out your nose. You reached out to wipe it but it wouldn't stop flowing. It was blood.

Mark grip onto your shoulder and turned you to face him. "I will believe if yo-," He was shocked by the amount of blood flowing out your nose, He helped you to wipe it with his hands, but you flinched, afraid of staining his hands with your blood. "stay still" was all he said to make you stay still. He tilted your head up, guided you towards the building and sat you down on the waiting chairs by the door.

"Excuse me, do you have tissues or towels I can use?" He asked the nearest nurse, and when he got hold of the tissues, he immediately helped you to clean up your nose untill your blood stopped flowing. The two of you sat at the bench with no thoughts of going back to the ward, while you were trying to come back to your senses and calm yourself down.

"T-t-hanks"

"So was it real?"

"What was real?"

"Joy and you" He was still taking about the question where you threatened his sister.

"No, even if you don't believe it, no, I’ve never threatened her, I have never once picked on her before." Silence engulfed the both of you again before you speak up. "So do you hate me?"

"No, i don't"

"Then why did you do all those things to me in school? Just because you heard all those things about me?"

"I…I don't know,"

"You don't know? so you've been bullying me for no reason?! You must be crazy" You looked at him with an unbelievable expression but what you didn’t expect was him smiling at you which made your heart skip a beat. You shifted your gaze to your lap.

"Now, I believe I should send you back to your ward before your brothers come " He stood up, and you too, stood up and followed him.