Chapter 9

Just being there is enough

As Kai started confiding in Hyejong, they naturally got closer, pouring their hearts out to one another, going out alone. Hyejong's feelings for Kai grew more and more. It hurts her, knowing that she's just a good friend to Kai. While Kai, still doesn't know that she likes him and continues treating her as a friend he can trust in. 

Everytime you look at Kai, you would just smile unknowingly, not letting him know of course. But everytime you saw him with Rina, you couldn't help remembering the fact that he likes her and that they both look well together. 

"Hyejong! Hyejong!" Suho called out to you but you weren't listening. "Hyejong!!" He tapped on your shoulder. You were at the usual place again but the rest haven't come yet.It was just you and Suho as Kai and Sehun went to buy drinks. 

"oh Suho oppa..sorry.. i was just...daydreaming.." you said. 

"gwenchana.. what's bothering you?" he asked. 

"nothing.." you answered. 

"don't lie.." he said. You flinched. "is it about Kai.." You tensed up. 

"a..aniyo.." you denied. 

"i can tell.. hyejong...you're a friend Kai will make and keep.. and seems like you trust kai a lot too..." he continued. "you like him?" 

"m...mwol!? aniyo..." you continued denying. 

"Hyejong..." he said in a stern tone. 

"haiz.." you nodded. 

"but..you know about his secret.." he asked, more like stated. You nodded. "aigoo..." He patted your shoulders and hugged you. 

"gwenchanayo.." you said and smiled to him to assure him you're fine. "at least he talks to me.." 

"glad that you think this way..." he said and smiled. "you're a very nice girl...and there's a lot of exo members hehe.." 

"oppa.." you whined, knowing he's teasing you. 

"okok i'll stop.." he said. 

"we're back!" Kai and Sehun said. 

"Annyeong hyejong ah!" Chen said as he came in along with Kai and Sehun. 

"eo..hyejong you're here!" Chanyeol came along and gave you a big hug. 

"hihi Annyeong oppa-deul!" you said. 

"told you you're lovable.." Suho mouthed to you. 

"geumanhaeyo oppa.." you mouthed back. 

"arasso.." he mouthed back. 

That night, Kai walked home with you. 

"What did you and Suho hyung talked about?" he asked. 

"nothing much.. just some casual talk.." you answered.

"are you sure? nothing else?" he continued to probe. 

"yea.. what else can we talk about?" you said. 

"hmm... a lot of things.." he said. "by the way, i haven't ask you this before, but do you like anyone?" 

You almost stopped in your tracks. Your eyes shifted, trying to look for an answer. deny it hyejong...just deny... 

"erm..no.." you replied. 

"you sure?" he questioned. 

"yea.." you nodded. 

"everyone in exo is so handsome and cool and none of us caught your eye?" he said in a joking tone. 

"hmm... no.." you joked back. 

"yah!" he said. You stuck out your tongue at him. 

"ok.. i've reached.. go home.." you said. 

"alright then.. good night..." he said and waved goodbye to you. You smiled and waved back. Then you turned and walked to the lift. He turned and walked towards his apartment. 

K: Hyejong, Thanks for everything :) 

H: what did i even do? 

K: being here is good enough for me :) 

H: oh.. well what are friends for..

K: gomawo :D 

H: welcome :)