coward...

Just being there is enough

Kai's POV: 

I like her. I like Hyejong. I want to tell her. But... I need to have a clean break with Rina before i can be together with her. I have to be fair to the both of them. But how do i say it? How can i say it? Such cruel things to Rina yet such nice things to Hyejong... How? Eottokhae? I..I shouldn't have introduce her to Changjo, i shouldn't have tried to match them up. Maybe if she never met him, I wouldn't have found out i like her. But that would be unfair to her. But I don't know how she feels now. I don't know how she feels about me. I don't know how she feels about Changjo. I don't even know how I'm feeling. 

Hyejong's POV: 

Eottokhae? It's been a few days since Changjo told me that. I haven't give him an answer yet. And I haven't seen him for days nor did i contact him at all. It's been quiet among us. Yes, among us, among the three of us. Me, Changjo and Kai. I have to be fair to Changjo. I have to make the right choice. I still like Kai. But, he's with Rina. He likes her for so long. He'll never like me. He will never give up Rina for me. I'm probably just nothing to him. Just a friend he took for granted. And I probably took Changjo for granted as well. Haiz... Why... It's my biggest mistake ever. To be known to them. Maybe if i disappeared, all troubles would too. I shouldn't have befriended him, or the both of them. Or if i met Changjo earlier, but i may just be his best friend too. eottokhae? 

Kai's POV: 

"Kai? Kai?" Rina voice rang through my mind. I went back to my senses and saw my girlfriend in front of my eyes. Yes, my girlfriend. Yeo. Ja. Chin. Gu. 

"what were you thinking of?" What was i thinking? Can i tell her that i'm thinking of another girl? No. I can't hurt her. Now it's not the time. So I just shrugged it off. 

"Kai, you've been lost in thoughts very often lately. Did anything happen?" 

"No. Of course not." 

"sure? is there anything you're hiding from me? Kai, you better be honest." Is this the right time? 

"Kai, don't hide anything. Just be honest and say. Or do you want me to say?" Say what? what do you want me to say? what do you want to say? what do you know? Do you know that my heart is in a turmoil because i don't know how to tell you or tell Hyejong? Do you know my heart is breaking apart? 

"Kai..if you're going to keep quiet then i'm going to speak. You've been not focused recently. And come to think of it, it's been after that incident, after Hyejong got angry. I know you feel bad, i feel bad too. But didn't you guys spoke to each other already? I saw you talking to her the other day. Or is there something else Kai?"

Can she tell? Omo... is a woman's instinct so strong? Can she tell that there is something else in my feelings for Hyejong? That she's no longer my best friend but someone i like? 

"Kai, well if you're not going to say it then i'll say it for you." Great.. you say it. Then i don't have to say. You won't hurt so much. But wait no, this shouldn't be. I shouldn't think this way. If this relationship have to end, I will end it. Since i'm the cause of it. 

"I like her." She froze and stared straight into my eyes. I couldn't look at her a second longer. I felt so guilty and bad but relieved at the same time, since i said it out. 

"alright. Now you're telling the truth. Actually it's kind of obvious. It's amazing how you both managed to become best of friends in such a short time and how long did we took to get to this stage? Sometimes I'm envious at how much chemistry you both had even before we got together. So, if i were to lose you to someone else, there's only one person that can have you. Although i don't want to think it like this, I don't want it to be like this, but i know there's something that she have that i don't have. I know she is the right person for you. Don't worry about hurting me. It sure does hurt but I'm fine. I've lost fairly. I did not get shortchanged. You once loved me, that's enough. Good luck with her." 

"Rina ah... mianhae. saranghae. gomawoyo." I look at her, her eyes filled with tears. I know she's hurting. I'm hurting too, to let her go. But we both know that that's the solution. 

"Kai, don't be a coward and tell her. I'm sure she has something for you as well. Given your chemistry. Given your relationship. Tell her, fight for her. Don't let me get hurt for nothing." Yes I'm a coward. I don't even dare confess to her. But she's right. I shouldn't hurt her for nothing. I shouldn't let her get hurt for nothing. She's innocent. I've got to do something. But how?