Getting Closer

Just being there is enough

You have been ignoring phone calls and messages from Kai because you are really disappointed and upset. Kai didn't dare to look for you at your house because he knew you would be avoiding him and he didn't know what to do. And during the time when you're alone, someone has been there for you. Changjo. Yes him. You are grateful for a friend like him. For being there for you when you needed someone. But of course he didn't knew yet. You didn't tell him about your feelings for Kai and why you're upset. You just told him that you wanted some time alone when he found you strolling on the streets alone. He respected you so he didn't ask any further. 

"Hyejong, open the door." he said over the phone. 

"what's up?" you asked as you opened the door for him. 

"Breakfast!" he said as he brought along with him food. 

"wow... gomawoyo..." you said. 

"welcome... come sit and eat.." he said. 

"hmm..matshiseoyo.." 

"haha, look at you!" he said and reached forward to wipe off stain from the gravy on your face. Your heart skipped a beat when he does that. You were at a loss. 

"oh.. it's ok i can do it myself.." you turned away and went to get tissue, just as he touched your face. 

"geurae..." you heard him say softly. 

"so...what are your plans for today?" you asked. 

"hmmm... haven't thought of anything yet...was thinking of going to watch a movie.." 

"oh...sounds cool...i'm probably just going to stay home and sleep..." 

"sleep again? oh my god, you're such a pig.." 

"mwol?!" 

"just joking.. take it easy..." 

"you better be..." 

"how about we watch a movie here?" 

"hmm...ok...sure.." 

"let me go get some chips and drinks...while you pick a movie and wait for me.." 

"arasseo.." 

As he left, you went to choose a movie that you want to watch. Picking and picking, you just can't seem to find one that you like. So you decided to wait for him to come back. You stood by the window, seeing if he came back already and you saw Kai with Rina, walking together. It angers you more and you went to wipe away your tears. No point crying for someone like this hyejong ah... 

"I'm back!" 

"oh great... i couldn't find a movie... so you'll pick..." 

"oh ok..by the way i saw Kai hyung on my way back.." 

"so?" 

"nothing...he asked where i was going..." 

"then?" 

"i told him i was going home..i know you don't want him to know about you..." 

"what do you know?" 

"it's kind of obvious..i just didn't want to ask because if you want to say it, you will.." 

"gomawoyo.." 

"welcome..ok i'm done picking. let's start!" 

"ok!" 

So he picked a romance movie and he ended up falling asleep on the floor. You were focused on the movie, you didn't realise he fell asleep until you reached forward for more chips. You chuckled at the sight of that. He was in a awkward position and you figured he'll be uncomfortable so you reached for a cushion and went to him, lifted his head gently to place the cushion and let him lie on it. You stared at his face for a while. You were confused. no hyejong... he's just a friend... don't treat him like a substitute for Kai... 

You continue watching the movie, alone, trying to forget the thought. There's no way you could have fall for Changjo. He's just a good friend, a brother, who's been there for you when you felt lonely. He cares for you and you appreciate it. You knew you like Kai and still like him because you still feel hurt by what he has done. Maybe you were just confused because Changjo was the person Kai tried to set you up with. Maybe you were just confused because you've been spending a lot of  time together recently.