Congrats or regrets?

Just being there is enough

When you turned up for school, Kai approached you, alone. 

"Hyejong ah..." 

"neh?" 

"how have you been?" 

"good.." 

"are you still angry?" 

"aniyo.."

"mianhae..." 

"what for?"

"for...not thinking about your feelings... i didn't know you would hate the idea so much...or do you have someone you like?" 

"ani..."

"hyejong ah, don't be like this..."

"how am i?"

"your replies are so cold...you're still angry..." 

"i'm not angry...i'm just...never mind..anyways, you don't have to be sorry..didn't you want to set me up with Changjo ssi? now we're getting along fine... i should thank you for that..i'm late for class.. bye.." 

With that, you walked away, without turning back. There's something weird Kai felt. Ache. Heartache. Why? He doesn't know. why is it when she said she's getting along with Changjo, it hurts? Kim Jongin... what's wrong with you?

After school, Changjo is waiting for you outside. Kai watches you as you walked out to meet him. 

"Seems like your plan worked.." Rina said as she looks on. 

"I guess so.." Kai said. But that isn't what he hoped for. This causes Kai to want to find out more about you and Changjo. 

----------------------------------------------------------

"Annyeong!" EXO said as they arrived at the cafe. Teen Top and you have already arrived and is waiting for them. 

"Hyejong ah.. it's been long!" Chanyeol said. 

"neh..i miss you all.." you said. 

"we missed you too!" Chanyeol said and hugged you. 

"are you sure you miss us? seems like there's something going on between you guys..." Baekhyun said as he pointed to you and Changjo. 

"oppa... it's not what you think..." you said. The others just laughed it out. While Kai, can't seem to smile. And you noticed it. 

"let's order something, i'm thirsty..." Ricky said. The others agreed. The night went on, with Kai being unusually quiet.

Kim Jongin..what are you doing? what is this weird feeling...This is what you wished for.. for hyejong to find a boyfriend...now she's getting along fine with him...why do they seem to bother you so much... 

"It's getting late.. we should go.." C.A.P said. 

"yea of course...see you guys next time.." Suho said. 

"Annyeong..." everyone bid their farewell. Leaving you, Changjo, Kai and Suho. Since you guys are going the same way. Along the way Suho separated from you to go home. It was awkward for you, changjo and kai. 

"so hyung, are you going to join the upcoming dance competition?" Changjo spoke. 

"erm..maybe...i haven't been practising dance lately..." Kai answered. 

"busy with you girlfriend huh?" Changjo teased. And you flinched. 

"yah...what about you?" Kai asked back. 

"me? not sure.." Changjo said. 

"Changjo oppa!" someone called out from behind. The three of you turned and a girl came running towards Changjo and hugged him. He was caught in surprise. 

"Hae..Haemi ya...mwolhaeyo?" Changjo stuttered while getting her off him. 

"Oppa bogoshipeoseo..." she said. "Why havent you been looking for me?" 

"why should i look for you?" he said. While you and Kai looked on. 

"did you get a new girlfriend? so now you don't want me anymore?" she shouted at him and broke into tears, being dramatic. 

"what are you talking about?" Changjo snickered. 

"Is it her?" she pointed at you. Changjo turned to look at you and you gave him a confused look. "it must be...how can you?" With that said, she slapped you. A loud and sharp slap. 

"Hyejong!" Both Kai and Changjo called out. 

"Are you crazy!?" Changjo shouted at the girl. 

"Are you ok?" Kai asked you. 

"yea..i'm fine..." you replied. 

"we should leave first.." Kai said to you. "Changjo ya..we'll leave first.." 

"take care of her.." Changjo said and Kai nodded. And he took you away. You turned back once to see Changjo and the girl arguing with each other. Kai noticed it. 

"gwaenchana?" Kai asked as you both were some distance away from home. 

"neh..." you answered, not looking at him. 

"does it hurt?" He tried to reach for your face but you turned away. 

"ani..." 

"Hyejong uh...do you like him?" 

"nugu?" 

"changjo..." 

"i don't know..." 

"you do right? or you wouldn't have care when we left.." 

"what are you talking about..we're just friends.." 

"but you're feeling more than friends for him.." 

"don't act like you know me so well..." 

"mianhae... i didn't mean to.." 

"never mind.. why do you care so much anyway..." 

"i...i...nothing... if you really like him...go for it..." 

"really?" Kai took a deep breath. 

"...neh..." 

"arasseo...thanks for sending me back.." and you walked off, without turning back once. Tears rolled down your cheeks. 

aish... i didn't mean that... i... i don't want you to like him... i don't know why... but i don't like it hyejong uh... 

Why..why is he pushing me away... i probably am nothing to him... fine....