Chapter 3

Just being there is enough

"Hyejong!" Kai called out as you were on your way to school.

"oh good morning!" you greeted as you saw him. "you live around here?

"yea... i never see you around before..." he answered.

"neither do i.. but i have been living here for quite some time.." you said as you both started walking to school. There was a moment of awkward silence as you both were not that close yet and there was nothing much to talk about.

"erm so..." he started, breaking the silence. "did you finished the homework given?"

"er..yea.." you answered. oh gosh i can't let the conversation end like that.. hmm what should i say... "you?"

"well yes i did.." he said. He was feeling awkward as well. hmm well now what should i say? "school is so tiring right?"

"yep..." you said and nodded. this is awkward... eottokhae?

Fortunately, for the both of you, you reached school and went to class and then he went to talk to Sehun, his best friend while you sat there and chatted  casually with another classmate. Soon, lesson started and you both payed attention in class and joked abit casually but it was still awkward.

"Let's have lunch together later.." He said when the bell rang.

"oh...ok.. sure.." you answered, a little taken aback from his sudden question.

"let's go then... Sehun!" he said to you and called out to sehun.

"let me introduce, this is Hyejong, our classmate and this is hayoung and rina.." he introduced. so the girl is called hayoung..she seems close to them..

"annyeong haseyo!" they said.

"annyeong haseyo..." you said awkwardly.

"have a seat!" hayoung said and you sat down beside Sehun and Kai. As they talked, you kept quiet most of the time because it was awkward for you. "are you feeling awkward?"

"no..i'm fine...hehe..." you said and smiled.

"What is your hobby?" Rina asked and you see the rest looking at you with curiousity in their eyes. You saw that Kai was interested in knowing ad you felt happy.

"erm..dance?" you said.

"really?" hayoung said. "then you can be good friends with the both of them!" she pointed at kai and sehun.

"wow i didn't expect that from you..." Sehun said.

"let's dance together next time!" Kai said and you nodded shyly. Then the bell saved you from awkwardness and you went back to class together with Sehun and Kai.

Back at home, you stared at your phone and when you saw his name, you thought of earlier.

I should have spoke more... such a good chance in the morning.. i'll try harder next time... and he seems really close to hayoung and rina...