Chapter V

You First Believed

"What do you want from me? What do you want me to do for you to stop messing with my life?" she asked in a whisper

"Stop whatever you're doing now. Stop thinking so lowly of yourself.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Leave Jang Dong Gun's side and

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

be with me."

[Please play this BGM! ^^

"Do you even know what you're saying?" she asked in her high pitched tone. She shook her head and looked at him straight in the eye "Jung Yong Hwa, are you even aware with what you're saying? and asking me to do?" 

"Yes I am." he said, voice full of determination

"You don't know me, you don't know the real me." she said, her body tensed

"That's what I want to do. To know you better"

"Why?"

"I-I don't know either."

"Jung Yong Hwa-ssi" she sighed and faced him, leveling her eyes with his "There's so many girls out there who's more willing to be with you. You probably see me as a challenge that's why you are int-"

"Seo Joo Hyun." he breathed deep, closing his eyes to calm his mind "I am not stupid enough to know that. But what can I do? It's you that I- that I want t-to know!"

"Maybe because you see me as a challenge. Many men thought they're attracted to me, but that's not it! They're just intimidated. I know your type."

"How can you easily judge me?"

"I'm not judging you. It's the real reason"

"Why are you speaking for me?"

"Because you're too slow to figure it out yourself"

"Let me know you"

"No."

"What can I do for you to give me a chance?" he said in despair

"Touch me. Show me you're not disgusted with me. Then let me touch you too"

She saw his eyes widen, his breathing shortened. She knew he'll react like this, she expected it already. She badly want to know the reason why he acts like this everytime, but her mind keeps on telling her to stop digging further, before she completely succumbs to him. 

"Seo Joo Hyun" she abruptly looked up and saw his strained face, as if in pain. 

"Why? You can't right? It's because you're disg-"

"STOP SAYING THAT WORD!" her eyes widen as he suddenly shouted at her furiously "HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT EASILY?! IT'S NOT THE REASON OKAY?! HELL I CAN'T EVEN SAY THAT WORD WITH YOU IN IT!" he raked his hair frustratedly

He suddenly stood up, making her think that he'll walked out now. 

"I'll just email you the designs, goodnight." she said with finality, knowing too well that he gave up already.

"Hell will freeze over before I give up on you" he said, looking straight into her eyes. Her heartbeat quickened, she can't seem to say anything to hurt him more. 

She followed him with her eyes, he opened the little liquor cabinet at the small kitchen and fetch a glass before walking back to the bed side. He sat at the floor, his back leaning at the side of the bed. She was sitting at the side, her back leaning at the headboard. She saw him open the lid and poured some in his glass, he didn't ask her if she wants though. 

"This is the first and hopefully the last time I'll talk about my past" he said with a strained voice

"You d-don't need to" she said, trying to stop him, her heart pounding hard. 

He looks determined, she followed his every move, he drank the hard liquor in one shot and rested his head in the bed, almost touching her legs. 

"J-Jung Yong Hwa"

"I was 7 years old that time when dad took over our company, Mom was busy helping Dad too, And I don't have any siblings, so I'm left behind. They hired Ok So Ri as my nanny, before she was my Dad's secretary, but then Mom said Dad don't need one since she's there already, Sori-ssi was assigned to look after me. She's a warm person, she treated me as her own child, and so I became close with her. B-But then as time passed by, she started a-acting strange." he poured a big amount of liquor and drank it straight again, calming himself. 

She saw him breathing hard, his chest heaving up and down heavily, beads of sweat forming in his forehead, his hands were shaking as well, putting down the glass, and entwining both his hands tight to hide the shaking, and his lips trembled. She's amaze, awed as well, she's deeply touched by his effort, that even though thinking about his past torments him, he still continue saying it for her sake. But then, she shook her head, reminding herself not to get easily swayed with this new act.

"I was 10 years old when she started acting strangely. I was talking to my girl classmate at the court when she arrived to fetch me, I called her and introduced her to my classmates and she greeted back too, but she looks angry. When we reached home, she pulled me to her room and locked the door, she walked straight to the bathroom and came out with rope and scissor in her hands. I even asked her where she's using that but she didn't answered me, thus, she pushed me t-to the bed and started tying m-my wrist on each side of the bedpost."

He breathed deeply and poured liquor to the glass again. But when he's about to drink it, Seohyun snatched it and drank it in one go, coughing loudly as the strong liquid seeped through down to her chest, giving it warmth.

"Gwenchana?? Yah! Why did you drink all of it! Did you even eat first?!" he asked in a concerned voice, he's about to tapped her back but she signalled him that she's ok and he can continue. Her face reddened with embarassment.

"I was still confuse with what's happening, so I only watched her. But I started crying when s-she cut my clothes with the sharp scissor touching my skin, making it bleed. S-she went hysterical and ask if t-the girl I was talking to is my girlfriend, I said no and explained that she's my classmate, but she won't believe me and called me a liar. And t-then when I was completely n-, she s-started touching me e-everywhere I keep screaming for help but she just laughed telling that we're the only person in the big house and no one will hear me. Since then, s-she continuously ties me and molest m-me." His voice is wavering, she saw tears sprang out of his eyes, he was literally shaking hard.

"Y-Yong Hwa"

"That continue for two years, two ing years before my family found out. They sent her to jail. But even in jail, she continues threatening me, that I shouldn't come close to girls, coz she'll kill them. She's a jealous freak, she a ing w-"

"Stop" he froze when he felt her hands draped in his arms, his heart beat quickening, but not because he's scared of her touch, but because she's the one holding him, it's the first time she initiate interaction to him.

"Stop hurting yourself jut for the sake of me" she said, her hold tightening, making him flinch "Drink" she commanded which he obeyed surprisingly

The amount of liquor he drank starting to get to his system, his sight slightly spinning.

"Remember, this will be the first and last one. I'll do this because of what you did and nothing else." she said in a tight voice. "What are you feeling now? Answer me truthfully"

"I'm slightly dizzy" he answered, looking at her, straight in the eyes. 

"Drink again" 

He close his eyes tight for a second before opening it again, just then he felt light-headed. He saw her moved at the other side of the bed, giving space for him to occupy. His eyes widen and heart beat fast

"Stop thinking of her, of what she did, stop thinking of your painful past and sit beside me." She said in her sofest voice, slowly, she felt him relaxed, her hands moves to his cold hands and clasp it tightly, before pulling him to stand up and sit beside her. 

She stood up and went to lock the door, he looked at her questioningly but she didn't answer his unspoken question.

"Gwenchana?" She asked softly, he nodded, albeit doubting if he really is.

"Do you want another drink?" Without waiting for his answer, she poured the liquor in the glass, and gave it to him, but drinking first, successfully not coughing in embarassment.

He drank it, his lips stopped on the spot where she drank awhile ago and sipped the drink willingly. She followed his every move, the way his throat and adams apple bobbed up and down slowly. She shook her head, trying to shake away the unpleasant thoughts lingering in her mind.

"What are you thinking now?" she ask

"You" he said, he looked at her, his eyes blazing with emotions mirroring hers

"Don't think of anything" she said sternly

"I can't. It's you I want to think of"

"Do you trust me?"

He nodded "More than my life"

"Please be serious!"

"Who says I'm joking?"

"Jung Yong Hwa"

"Seo Joo Hyun"

"Okay fine." she gulped nervously before her hands reached for his hands "Hold me" she said and stared at him with those pleading eyes

"Think of no one else but me." she whispered as she leaned closer.

He lifted his hands albeit shaking. "Close your eyes first" she commanded

He close his eyes tight and breathed deeply "Relax" he almost flinched as he felt her warm breathe in front of his ear

"Think of me and no one else. Not your past, not her, but only me." She continued whispering in her softest voice

Slowly, his fingers entwined with hers, he tightened his hold before opening his eyes. Only to be welcomed by her intense stare. 

"See? It's not hard right?" He nodded slowly "Can you go further?" she asked and he nodded

 He felt her hands move to his wrist, up to his arms and s through his back, pulling him close in a slow manner. 

"Can you hold me?" she ask, few inches in between their face. She felt his body lightly trembling, so she caressed his back up and down, soothing him, calming him. 

"Seo Joo Hyun, Seo Joo Hyun, Seo Joo Hyun" she heard him mumbling over and over again. her heart leaping from the way he calls her as if she's the only way for him to survive

Just then, she felt his hands at her back, and gasp in surprise when he pulled her close to him, holding her tightly. 

"This is nice" she smiled as she buried her face in the crook of his neck, and he did the same, inhaling her scent, remembering how his body perfectly mold with hers.

"Seo Joo Hyun" he whispered, his warm breath tickling her sensitive skin

"Hmm?" she answered, eyes still close, mind wandering. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Let me keep you...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

forever"