Chapter XIV

You First Believed

"Well hello there! It's nice to see you again!" She was glaring at him as he descended into the staircase. The evil Jang Geun Suk was staring at her from head to toe making her shiver. 

"Where's Dong Geun-ssi?" 

"Ah. He's at his study room. Do you want me to call him for you? Or would you rather do IT at his study?"

"Nevermind." Deciding to ignore his remark, she walked passed him without throwing him another glance. 

She went straight to Jang Dong Geun's study room. Ignoring the bodyguards lurking outside his office. 

"Well hello! Long time no see! I thought you're going to make me wait for long!"

"I figure out you already received the copy of the Proposal. So I don't need to come here too often." She answered coldly

"Ah. But you're part of the plan! You know how this works!" He said as he keeps on browsing at the proposal. "Very nice interior skills you have here! It seems like you're pretty much inspired in doing this project ne?" He shook his head as he keeps on turning the page "Some smart woman you are" 

"If you don't have anything to say anymore, I'll leave now" She was about to walk out of the room when he spoke again

"But you can't quit yet. I still need to see his empire crumble totally before letting you resign."

"So be it." She shrugged as she continued walking out, feeling suffocated with the atmosphere inside. 

 

==============================================================================

 

"Hyung. We need to do something!" Jungshin stressed out. He's too tired to watch his boss doing nothing but to stare at the view outside his office. It was like all the hope in him went out the window in a flash.

"I'm thinking of another one. Why don't you go out and let me think?" Yonghwa responded blankly

"Seriously? Hyung you were mopping around! You're not doing anything!" 

All it takes for Lee Jung Shin to shut his mouth was to receive the lethal stare from his boss and bam! He'll walk out of his office silently in no time. 

Yonghwa closed his eyes, wanting to shut his mind. He's been thinking of many things. But to top it of, he wanted to stop himself from feeling. He was betrayed, with two of the people whom he trusted the most. He happened to hear it unintentionally. He was on his way to the elevator when he heard some noise at the staircase. It was a familiar one, a boy and a girl talking.

"The CCTV footage had already been deleted." 

"Good. Now go and help Yonghwa-ssi. Keep me updated with the proposal" Jungshin nodded and left Seohyun at the staircase. 

He tried so hard to think rationally. Yet he can't think straight. The pain with the betrayal pierced his heart. It was too painful. 

 [Please play this BGM]

That feeling when you trusted that someone wholeheartedly, even if you only met him/her in just a short span of time, it was the feeling of comfortability, the connection you have the first time you meet each other. How can people be so selfish? how can they hurt someone who's not even worth of the pain? You trusted them, gave them every ounce of your trust, yet at the end they threw it away carelessly. They won't mind, they wouldn't mind of the damage or the hurt that it will inflict with the victim. Why would they consider it? If from the start, they only think of themselves.

Understanding. The most logical thing to do. Especially if you love that someone and that someone made a mistake, either it was intentional or unintentional to hurt you. The first thing you'll do was not to hate that person but to understand him/her. That maybe, he/she did it just because you've done something wrong, that it was your fault, or maybe he/she just want to say something. That they did it because they have a reason, even if they wouldn't tell you about it. 

What if you get hurt? The most important thing is themselves. And then you'll come to the realization that you're too blind to see the intention of that someone from the start. Just because you're too blind to see that person's imperfection; it's because you're pretty occupied finding the perfect things in him/her. That you're too busy admiring the good traits that you've been blinded with the wrong ones. And at the end you'll blame yourself from thinking too godly of that person. That you were too blind to see and too stupid to believe with what the eyes sees. 

"Aniya. Geumanhae Jung Yong Hwa. Your empire is crumbling. You must not think of that!" With one final deep breath, he grabbed the folder with the leaked proposal and threw the papers at the shredder.  Focus. The empire needs the King now. Focus. And stop feeling anything. 

He called Jungshin's assistant secretary and told him to call all the department heads for another meeting sans Lee Soo Hyuk, Seo Joo Hyun and Lee Jung Shin. 

======================================================================================

 

The information came to her right before the day ends. The meeting has already ended few hours ago without receiving any call that they were going to have a meeting. What the hell?

She stood up and made her way to Jung Yong Hwa's office. Not minding of Jungshin's Assistant Secretary's plea not to enter his office. He's there, typing busily at his laptop. 

"A meeting had taken place few hours ago. Why wasn't we informed with this?? Seriously?! Me, Lee Soo Hyuk and Lee Jung Shin were left out! Why are you so childish?!" 

"First of all, you have no right to barge in my office anytime you want. Second, you have no right to raise your voice on me. You might have forgotten but I am your Boss. Third and foremost. Ms. Seo stop thinking as if my world revolves around you. You were assuming things that wasn't there in the first place. I'm not acting childish at all. I am just making sure that every people who attended the meeting were the trustworthy ones." He coldly said

"Trust is a big word for you. Aren't we trustworthy? Are you sure every people who attended the meeting was all clean? Because you never know, one of them is probably the culprit!"

"I made myself clear. I didn't include those suspected ones at the meeting."

"SO WE'RE THE CULPRITS NOW? GREAT!"

"Don't act like you're clean!" He was fed up, that, she was sure of.  "I'M NOT STUPID! DON'T TAKE ME FOR GRANTED! I TRUSTED YOU! I ING TRUSTED YOU AND YET HERE YOU ARE PROVING ME WRONG! HOW DARE YOU WORK BEHIND MY BACK! YOU AND LEE JUNG SHIN AND WHO KNOWS? LEE SOO HYUK IS IN YOUR TEAM TOO!"

"Now we are the bad ones." She smirked, feeling the pain slowly seeping in her heart. She shouldn't feel this. She shouldn't feel at all! "Fine. Thank you for trusting me. And thank you for suspecting me. But looks like your ing head is too rotten to think clearly! I may sound assuming, so be it. BUT DON'T LET YOUR HATE TOWARDS US THREE CLOUD YOUR ING MIND. YOU'RE SMART. YOU'RE TOO SMART THAT YOU'RE BECOMING AN IDIOT! GO AHEAD AND FIRE US TWO! LEE SOO HYUK AND I. BUT LEAVE LEE JUNG SHIN OUT OF THIS! You were suspecting us?? FINE! SO BE IT! FIRE US! ANI. BETTER YET, WE ARE GOING TO FILE A RESIGNATION WHICH I KNOW YOU'LL APPROVE IN NO TIME! BUT LEE JUNG SHIN? HE'S TOO GOOD TO RECEIVE YOUR DOUBT. YOU'RE AN FOR DOUBTING YOUR CLOSEST COMRADE." 

She walked out of his office feeling exhausted than ever. She saw Jungshin waiting for her at his desk. Looking stoic yet she can feel his guilt. 

"You did your job. It's my fault for letting you in our plan. But neverthless, he needs you. He's one hell of a stubborn but he needs you. Don't quit. I cleared your name. You know him too well than me right? I'll send something in a few." She tapped his tensed shoulder, feeling him sighed in relief.

"But-"

"Aniya. Geumanhae Lee Jungshin." She smiled sincerely, he's probably the most trusted man of Jung Yong Hwa. "Don't say anything to him. Ahrasseo?" Although looking torned, he nodded out of his will. 

"Thank you Seo Joo Hyun-ssi" he bowed, making her smile once again before she walked out of this place. With one last look, she stared at his office door, bidding goodbye. Knowing too well that it'll probably be the last time she'll step foot on it.