Chapter XV

You First Believed

Why does it feel so wrong? He knew he did what was supoosed to take place. He knew that this is the right thing to do. That this is the right thing to say. He's Jung Yong Hwa for Goodness sake! His ideas never fail anybody. His thoughts and intuition are always right. Yet the argument with her awhile ago drained all his strength. It took away all his willingness to finish this proposal in no time. One moment he was ready to make another proposal and yet when she left the office, all his plans awhile ago was washed out. 

She left with her winning speech. He shook his head. That woman. She wouldn't let her enemy to have the last words in their argument. In such a short span of time he knew her that way. But does he really know her? The trust he gave her was no joke. She's the only one, the only one who managed to fight him. To question all his works. And yet she did the unexpected. But did she really? 

A knock on the door drew him back from his muddled thoughts. It must be her, she'll ap-

"Ms. Seo asked me to give you t-this." Son Dong Woon entered his office, looking nothing but a scared nerd. He gave him one Manila Envelope and two white envelope which probably contains HIS and HER resignation letter. He put down the two white envelope and looked inside the Manila envelope. 

"C-can I go back n-now t-to our d-department S-sir?" Dong Woon asked, feeling uncomfortable standing in front of him

He looked at the envelope suspiciously, he saw stack of papers and at the bottom of it was a flash drive with a note that was stick into it. It was HER handwriting and through the note, it was written that he must play it with Dongwoon in front of him. 

"Ani. Sit down for awhile while I check this." He plugged the Flash Drive into his laptop and saw two folders in it. One of the two folders were named "Son Dong Woon" and right after he clicked it, an audio flashed. He played it, making sure that DongWoon heard it too

"Are you working for Jang Dong Geun?" 

It was her voice. He's sure of it. 

"It was nice meeting you Golden Mistress" 

He saw Dong Woon got alerted when he heard his own voice. 

"I knew you were the one he sent to spy on the proposal plan"

"You're indeed a smart woman." 

Dong Woon got up and was about to sprint out the door when Lee Jung Shin entered the room with four police tailing him. 

"Sit down Mr. Son Dong Woon" Lee Jung Shin ordered coldly. 

"You need the proposal right? Here it is. Make sure to send this to Jang Dong Geun quickly.

"Thanks! You made my task easier than expected."

"No problem Dong Woon-ssi"

That and the audio ended there. He was hella confused. What's the real Seo Joo Hyun? She got angry when she learned that the proposal has been leaked, and then this evidence points out that he's with her with the plan. Yet when they had their argument awhile ago, she looks so hurt that he doubted her. So it was all an act? But why did she send it to me? She was proving herself guilty too of what she did!

"You may take him now" He commanded, and right then, the four police arrested Son Dong Woon. 

He looked at Lee Jung Shin who's not saying anything until now. It wasn't him at all. 

"Why did you hide it from me?" He asked calmly

"Because it was the right thing to do." Jungshin decided to keep mum. He's not saying all the details. He's sure of it. 

"Speak or I'll fire you" he threatend probably for the nth time already

"Then I'll gladly take it" Lee Jung Shin bowed and was about to walk out the door when he shouted

"YAH LEE JUNG SHIN JUGULAE?!"

He saw Lee Jung Shin turn around and faced him "Mianhae Hyung. I'm sorry for keeping this to you but this is for the better."

"Ahra. I understand you already! But I won't forgive you if you don't tell me EVERYTHING. as in EVERYTHING. I know you know what I mean"

Lee Jung Shin shook his head "Mianhae hyung, but that's all I can say."

He looked at the other folder at the flashdrive that was named Lee Jung Shin and saw another audio clip as he clicked it

"Jung Yong Hwa shoudn't know this yet ahrasseo? Do I have your word Lee Jung Shin?"

It was her voice again. God how he missed her. Weeks had passed since the last time they talk without arguing and pulling each other's head off.

"But hyung might misunderstood all of this!"

"YAH! I thought you're smarter than this!"

He can't help but to chuckle. What can you expect with the ever bossy Seo Joo Hyun?

"Seo Joo Hyun-ssi with all due respect. I don't think this is t-"

"Then don't think. I'll do the thinking and just do whatever I asked you to do. We need to fix this as soon as possible before your of a boss know about this."

"But if ever he finds out, what if he won't believe that this wasn't as bad as he thought it'll be? What if he fires us?!"

"YAH! what the hell is wrong with you? Aish! Your boss trusts you with all his heart, well I know he has one. He'll understand that you're only doing this for the company's sake"

"and you?"

"I am myself. Just think of your own problem. I can handle myself well thank you very much"

"Then I'll tell hyung that y-"

"Go! His meeting with the client is probably done now."

That and the clip ended. He saw Jungshin's brow furrowed as if waiting for the continuation of the clip

"What?" Jung Yong Hwa asked

"What what?" He pretended innocent "I'll go ahead hyung." He bowed and with one last look at the two white envelope at the side of Yonghwa's table, he shook his head upon disapproval and walked out of his office room feeling disappointed. 

"Tragic." Lee Jung Shin whispered as he closed the door, not before seeing how his boss stared at her name at the white envelope she sent. 

 

====================================================================================

 

"You !" She was thrown over the floor as his palm landed straight to her right cheek. But she didn't whimper nor shouted in pain. She kept it all in

"SON DONG WOON IS NOW IN PRISON! HOW DARE YOU RUIN MY PLAN! AND YOU EVEN FILED FOR RESIGNATION WHEN I TOLD YOU NOT TO QUIT YET!" He slapped her once again at the same cheek that was now swollen. There was blood at the side of her lips, feeling the sting of it yet she didn't even budged. Jang Dong Geun was enraged. He's shaking in anger. 

"LOCK HER UP TO HER ROOM! DON'T LET ANYONE IN EVEN THE MAIDS! GUARD HER ROOM 24/7!"

With one last look of anger, he stormed out of the place leaving Seo Joo Hyun on the floor, staring at an empty place. 

The guards sent her to her room as what Jang Dong Geun ordered, they were guarding outside her door, ready to stop even the maids from entering. 

She made sure that they won't enter the room first before gathering a box underneath her bed. It was an emergency mobile phone since the one she's been using was destroyed by Jang Dong Geun awhile ago. She winced at the pain on her right cheek, feeling it getting worse, even the redness on her wrist is noticeable now. She entered her bathroom and dialled his number, three rings and he picked it up quickly

"YAH SEO JOO HYUN EODIYA?!" It was Soohyuk, he was worried as crazy and heard the string of curse he was spitting every second

"Oppa. Can you go to this address? I'll escape from the window. Just wait for me outside the house as long as I text you to come ahra?"

"What's happening Seo Joo Hyun?? Gwenchana?"

"I-I need h-help Oppa. Jang Dong Geun might kill me when he finds out about the proposal"

"Hurry. I'll be on my way"

 

 

====================================================================================================

 

"Hyung her phone is out of reach" Lee Jung Shin dialled her number for the nth time but her phone seems dead 

"Try again until your call got accepted." He was running out of patience. How can he be so stupid?! He let his irrational mind take over and now what?! She'll probably be gone forever! Serves me right. He mocked himself. An . 

Jungshin told him everything because of his persuasiveness and some threats along the way to make it more scarier. It turns out that Seo Joo Hyun made it look like she and Lee Jung Shin were all into the proposal. That they're against Jung Yong Hwa and was planning to sabotage the company by leaking the proposal. DongWoon seems to hear their conversation at the staircase too, thinking that they are really angry with Jung Yong Hwa and made DongWoon think that She and JungShin have a secret affair and was planning to use the money to elope right after they sell the proposal. DongWoon bit the bait. He told them that he's in their team and Jang Dong Geun sent him there to spy on them. 

Not just that, the day after the event happened Lee Jung Shin gave him another Manila Envelope, it turns out that the proposal she gave DongWoon was fake. They changed some of the informations and the designs totally changing the proposal. The CCTV footage that Jungshin ordered to delete was the time when the two of them went to the building and accessed the computer where the original proposal plan was saved. 

The explanation went on, but Yonghwa's mind was in chaos, and most of all, the guilt he was feeling worsened. So his intuition wasn't wrong at all. He was just denying it. And the jealousy was adding fuel to the fire he was feeling. Lee Soo Hyuk and even Lee Jung Shin. So that explains their closeness these past few weeks. They were whispering to each other and seems more close that they had been. He's just trying so hard to ignore it but deep inside he was keeping it all in.

Pabo Jung Yong Hwa. Neon jinjja pabo! 

"Hyung" JungShin started feeling shaken "Mr. J-Jang Dong Geun wants to see you. He'll be here any minute"

 

================================================================================================

 

A/N

 

 

And KEUTTT! kkk. 

 

ANNYEONG! zomg. after a year! Can you imagine that?! One year of writer's block -_- 

How are you Goguma chingus? I've missed you all T___T I've been hiatus for some time just because LIFE HAPPENED. Funny how few years back, me and my unnies (Hi Cheen unnie and GAAAB! If ever you're reading this I miss our bonding time /3) we were talking about the possible HIATUS when we grow older. When responsibilities keep building up, when life chases you. We were talking about it the last time we met, that was AGES ago. Because believe it or not, eventually, LIFE WILL HAPPEN. I remember when I thought of that few years back, I was thinking back then "That will be impossible! How can I live without getting updated everyday??" and yeah. Here I am, being the first one from the three of us who gave up the full time kfan job. HAHA! But seriously, as you grow older, you'll realize that you need to move forward and prioritize other things first. Not that you'll give up kpop but as you grow older, the priority list will surely change. Like from mine, kpop was one of my top priority list back then, and then eventually I graduated and started a job. And after that? I gradually realize that the time I spend in stalking my fandom decreases. Slowly until I only visit SNS few times in a week. And also, is it just me? Or some of you misses the old kpop world too? I mean with all the new groups that are debuting, I miss the old kpop fan life. I stopped discovering new groups right after WINNER and GOT7. Even their style changes. (Not that I'm complaining HAHAHA) IMHO, the way girls became more liberated now shows a big change in kpop world right? I remember when we almost bang our head at the table when we see Joohyun showing her stomach, with that skin showing, we get too cray already.kkk. and now, here are our OTP. With Yong posting topless and Joohyun getting ier. AGAIN. I'm not complaining. Just Blabbering. HAHAHAHHA

Enough with thissss. HAHAHHAHA

 

I'll update as soon as I can. I never stopped shipping uri YongSeo that's for sure. I didn't stop. coz every once in a while I get to update myself with the news of them. It's just that, I haven't spazz in a long long long time that my spazzing level got a little bit rusty. lmao

 

But I've missed you guys T_T sorry for leaving you hanging. Especially those of you who still post on my wall and leave comments here and there. I really appreciate it guys T_T Jinjja jinjja! You are one of the reason why I keep on writing. I may not mention all of you but I know you know who you all are! hhhh. Thank you for patiently waiting for Azile. Jinjja manhi kamsahamnida! <3 <3 <3

 

Ciao!~

 

-Azile<3