Chapter XVII

You First Believed

He's feeling frustrated as the search goes longer, where is she? Lee Soohyuk is nowhere to be found as well, he knows they are together, that fact itself makes his blood boil, he needs to find her even before Jang Dong Geun does. 

"Hyung, we found a lead!" Jungshin barged into his office, holding a piece of paper. 

"Let's go" he grabbed his keys and went to the address the PI gave them

He was driving for hours, ani, he was searching for her for a whole day already. He almost used his power with the FBI due to desperation, he just wanted to find her first.

They were at the outskirt of Seoul, it was a small town where there's only few house are built, no wonder Jang Dong Geun can't find her too.

"That's it! That house at the corner!" Jungshin pointed excitedly at the fully lit house, it was a simple two level white house with a small garden. Great. A perfect house for a family. He shook his head at the absurdity he's thinking. Shut the up Jung Yong Hwa. He shook his head to wash away the stupidity he's been thinking. 

The front door opened, with Soohyuk carrying a luggage. 

"What took you so long?" Soohyuk nonchalantly said, as if he's already expecting them anytime

"You planned this?" 

"Well your PI is kinda smart, I gave it to him." 

"Where is she?" Yonghwa asked, looking at the open door

"She's inside, sleeping. But at least prepare yourself from what you're going to see."

"What do you mean?"

"See for yourself. Jungshin-ssi right? Mind if I ride back with you?" Jungshin noded absentmindedly

"Thanks" Soohyuk was about to head straight to the car when Yonghwa stopped him 

"Wait, what the hell is happening?"

"Listen" Soohyuk looked at Jungshin, asking him to leave so he can talk to Yonghwa privately "I don't trust you enough but I need to trust my instinct that you're not going to hurt Seo Joo Hyun. That you'll keep her safe. I need to do something drastic" he shrugged "And I need you to take away Seo Joo Hyun as far as possible." 

"Why are you doing this?"

"Because she's worth the danger I'm getting myself into" Lee Soohyuk smirked "You're not the only whipped one here" 

Without waiting for his answer, Soohyuk strided confidently towards his car, with Jungshin driving, glaring at Soohyuk every once in a while. 

He slowly made his way inside, his heart pounding hard as he strided unsurely towards the bedroom where she's at

"Joohyun" he softly called as he slowly opened the door, peeking at the dark room with only a lamp illuminating a figure laying at the king size bed. He approached her quickly, as if she will disappear again if he didn't move fast. HIs chest tighten painfully seeing her face, his fist balled tightly, controlling the rage building inside him. I'll ing kill him.

ma belle inconnue...

He caressed her hair slowly. He missed her. It felt like months since he last saw her. She was sobbing softly as she sleep, clutching the blanket tightly as if she's holding onto something. Without thinking twice, he unclasped her hands with the blanket and interlaced his hand with her. Clasping it tightly... Up until now, he keeps on being amaze on how perfectly their hands fit each other. The way their body fills each other, as if they were mold into one.

"I won't let you go Seo Joo Hyun. Never."

 ===========================================================================================================

He woke up feeling something warm beside him, he missed this, waking up beside her, feeling the warmth of her body against his cold one. He scooted closer and burrowed his face at the crook of her neck.

Her

He slowly lifted his head and instantly clashed with those deep brown eyes he ing missed. She was looking at him blankly, as if he was unwelcomed. 

"What are you doing here?" she silently asked

"I came here for you"

"I don't need you here. Go home" she was about to rise when he draped his arm across her stomach, stopping her from moving out of the bed. 

"I need you" This is it.. 

"Sorry but the feeling isn't mutual"

"It is. Because if it's not, they why would you risk yourself getting hurt for the sake of my company?"

"Because I owe you something, I just gave it back" She shrugged, as if being close to him doesn't affect her at all. 

"Liar"

"I'm n-" But before she manage to fight back, his lips fell upon her. Kissing her slowly, gently, as if too scared that he'll hurt her. 

They started gently, until they fight for dominance.  He moved above her, supporting himself to avoid squeezing her tiny frame. 

"I miss you so ing much" he mumbled as they breathed for air

"Why are you here."

"Because I can't stay away from you."

"Where's Soohyuk??" Her eyes widen upon the realization that Soohyuk is not in the room. She quickly stood up and went to the living room, calling him frantically. It pains him, seeing her searching for him even if he's beside her already. Her face is full of worries, calling Soohyuk's name all over the house, even at the backyard. "Where did he go?!" She was hysterical

"He's not here anymore" He coldly answered, staring back at her with such intensity

"Why did you let him go?!"

"Why the would I let him stay?"

"You shouldn't have let him go!"

'You shouldn't have looked for him when I'm just here beside you!"

"You don't understand!!"

"Then make me!! Because believe me I'm ing lost right now! So many things are happening, I don't know what to feel anymore, I'm going crazy!!" he shook her, the pent up frustration building up inside him. "I'm ing worried because you suddenly disappeared! Without any trace! You didn't even tell me or your ever trusted Jungshin where you are! You won't even call me for help!"

"Yong, please understand me" She was almost crying, shaking because of an unknown fear creeping inside her "We need to find Soohyuk, we need to get him back" She grabbed his arms, holding it tightly as if her life depended on it. 

"Why?" he whispered, voice hoarse

"H-his life is in danger. He helped me escape, and now they're searching for us everywhere. This is the only safe place right now" 

He looked at her for few seconds, pondering things inside his muddled mind, he took a deep breath after, as if doing it pains him. He fished out his phone and pressed number 2 on speed dial

"Turn back the car, ani, take him to Ikseondong then text me after you get there."

He was ordering Jungshin, without taking his eyes off her, she was still clutching his arm, too afraid to let go.

"Are they coming back here?" 

"No. But they're now in my hideout. I'm not a martyr Seo Joohyun, I won't let myself get hurt seeing you two getting all sweet while I look at you with longing. That's not what I need."

"What can I do to return the favor you did?"

"What?" The way he glared at her scares her, it made her shiver, this is the first time seeing Jung Yonghwa losing his sanity over a situation. Even the hardest deal didn't affect him like this

"Thank you" she whispered weakly, looking straight into his eyes. "But please, I beg you, don't meddle into this mess. Save yourself, please, save yourself. Stay away from me because all I can give you is pain and danger."

For the first time in her entire life had she break down in front of someone. Other than Soohyuk who grew up with her, this is the only time she break her walls and let someone see the other side of her. Her shoulders were shaking from too much crying, she can't seem to stop the tears from falling down her eyes. She's exhausted, never in her life did she admit it, but now, all the exhaustion seems to catch up with her.

"Seo Joo Hyun" he tipped her chin, making her look straight into his eyes "Remember this, always." 

She breathed deeply, readying herself for the possible outcome of this situation.. 

"I'm staying." Her eyes widened in shock, looking at him as if he grew two horns all of a sudden "I'm staying and I don't have any plans to leave you. Not now, definitely never."

"But-" he kissed her lightly to stop her from speaking, 

"No but's. I chose this, I know what I'm getting myself into Seo Joohyun. And you, ma belle inconue, is definitely worth every pain and suffering."

"Ani. You don't know me at all Jung Yong Hwa, you can't say that!"

"Then help me know you, let me meet the real you"

"It is not that easy!"

"I don't care if it's hard. Why are you so eager on pushing me away??"

"I told you! You won't be able to survive this mess you keep on meddling with!"

"I said I will! You should know me by now Joohyun!"

"Exactly! I know you enough to know that you're going to give up at the end"

"Do not judge me like that"

"I'm just clearly stating a fact"

"You can't just seem to-" he was about to lash back when they heard a phone ringing, without waiting for him, Joohyun rushed to the bedroom and went to get the burner phone at the side table. He was looking at her as she converse calmly at the person on the other line. Her gaze soften, her lips had a slight smile showing up that he can't help but to smile as well. 

"Ahrasseo, calm down, I'm going there ahrasseo? Good. I'll be on my way then" there was a peaceful smile on her lips the moment she turns off the phone and looked at Yonghwa with challenge in her eyes "You want to know the real me right?"

He nodded hopefully, eyes twinkling expectantly

"Come with me" she grabbed her car keys beside the lamp and went out hurriedly

He doesn't know what to feel, he's nervous as fck and same time excited and thankful that finally Seo Joo Hyun is opening up. 

"We're here" she said, parking the car at the garage

"Is this yours?" 

Instead of answering, she just nodded, breathing deeply, she opened the car door and walk towards the front door of the house. She was about to insert the key when it burst open. A cute kid run towards Joohyun merrily, she wiggled her small arms, her palms opening and closing, asking Joohyun to carry her

"How is my Yebin-ah?"

"Omma!" 

 

 

=====================================================================================================

A/N

 

DO NOT KILL ME. I REPEAT. DO NOT KILL ME. HAHAHAHHAHA!

Hollaaaaaaaaaa! Long time no update! Hahaha mian mian guys, it's just that... adult life is hard you know *sobs* even if you wish to go back to your  full time fangirl self , ya know you can't. heol~

Anywaaaaays! Yaaaas GoChun is having a feast since 13th! Who says January 13 is badluck? HAHA! It is by far the most happiest day of every gogumas life. YAS! YONGSEO IS FREAKING REAL! I MEAN DID U SEE HIM LOOKING AT HER LIKE THAT AS IF WGM IS JUST YTD AND YEARS DIDN"T COME IN BETWEEN. THEY ARE SO COMFORTABLE AND ALL NATURAL. DEFINITELY NOT SCRIPTED. FIGHT ME AND I'LL SLAP ALL THE PROOFS IN YOUR FACE. lol

Annnd. I would like to dedicate this DOUBLE UPDATE to my good friend (I'm not sure with the good part HAHAHAHA! chos) one of my close ggm chingu, KAE! She's one of the most "makulit" reader who's always asking for an update whenever we're together or in our CB *Cries* Have a safe flight chingu-yah. See you again after 2 years *bawls* I'm gonna miss youuuuu! And to think that CNBLUE will come here on March 2 OTL Take good care of yourself there, we'll try to update you as much as possible and hopefully AFF is not blocked there too. HAHAHA! Loveyou dre! This one's for you <3

Ciao!

 

Azile<3