Chapter XIX

You First Believed

"Are ywou my Appwa?" Yebin looked at him straight through his eyes, feeling like the kid is reading him straight through the depth of his soul

"Ani Yebin-ah" Joohyun held Yebin's face and kisses the tip of her nose "Can we let this pass baby? Pretty pwease?" Joohyun childishly said, doing aegyo for Yebin to agree, she knows that it's Yebin's weakness to. She can't resist her aegyo, and vice versa. 

"Oh God" she heard Yonghwa groaned behind them. She looked at him with questioning eyes, while he mouthed Later, pointing Yebin saying that it's not for children's ears. She rolled her eyes at him while Yonghwa laughed 

"Are ywou gonna sweep hewe?" Yebin asked with hopeful eyes. That moment Yonghwa's heart broke, it ached because of unknown reason, but seeing the hopefulness in the kid's eyes makes him want to answer yes 

"Ask your Omma for me" he grinned as he crouch in front of her, eye level. 

"Ommwa pwetty pwease?" The way Yebin looked at her makes her heart bled, the poor child wanted someone other than her.

"Only if he wants to" Joohyun sighed, knowing what Yonghwa's answer will be.

"Then it's a sleepover party for us!" Yonghwa high-five with Yebin

"Cawwy me pweaseee" The little girl reached out, tiptoeing as she reaches for his hands

"Of course princess"

Yebin squealed in delight as she was raise up in the air, it was the first time someone did it to her. It was the first time an ahjussi played with her. An unexplainable feeling was felt as she looks up at her mother's chingu, he was looking at her Omma while smiling from ear to ear. They were talking in a hush voice she can't understand what they're talking about. She reached out to touch her Omma's lips before touching Yong ahjussi's lips.

"Popo!!" The little girl giggled and clap her arms merrily

"Yebin!" Joohyun's face heats up as she tries to avoid Yonghwa's playful eyes. "Are you hungry?" 

Yebin nodded and pointed the way to the kitchen to Yonghwa who dutifully followed. Joohyun cooked seafood spaghetti and made garlic bread, adding extra cheese for Yebin and later on for Yonghwa who whined like a child saying he wants extra cheese too. They were eating merrily, looking like a perfect happy family. But it scares Joohyun more, especially now that Yebin gets to experience a life with a man she wanted to call Appa. She almost dropped the plate when she heard Yebin talking to Yong while she wash the dishes at the kitchen, while Yebin and Yong were at the living room, watching Yebin's favorite cartoon Keroro and later on switch to the Simpsons.

"Can I call ywou Appwa?" she was waiting for Yonghwa's answer, trying so hard to decipher what he's going to answer but she didn't heard any. All she heard was Yebin squealing while laughing merrily. "Yongyongie samchon!" She felt a pinch straight to her heart, trying so hard not to think what she felt. A little disappointed is all she can think, which she has no right to. 

She entered the living room with Yebin sleeping on Yonghwa's lap, while the latter was watching the simpsons in silence. 

"Let me put her to bed so you can go home now." Yonghwa's one brow raised as she was about to get Yebin from him, he didn't let go of Yebin, earning a questioning look from her. 

"What is it this time?" He asked, looking straight through her eyes

"I don't know what the hell you're talking about"

"You're not going to tell me?" he said, his voice turning cold

"Let go of Yebin" she glared at him as she held Yebin's arm, planning to carry her

"I'll carry her to bed" he retorted and stood up carrying Yebin

"I said I'll carry her! Go home!" she shouted furiously, good thing Yebin didn't woke up with her loud voice

"What the hell is your problem?!' 

"Give me Yebin!" 

"I said I'll carry her!" 

"Appwa" she cried, encircling her arms around Yonghwa's neck, the little girl burried her face at the crook of his neck as she sobbed continuously. Yonghwa's heartbeat increased its phase as the little girl tightened her hug on him, calling him Appa almost gave him a heart attack. Something inside him felt light as she called him that, no less than 24 hours and here he is wanting to be a father to Yebin. "Pwease don't argwue" she hiccuped as she held him tightly, bringing him back from trance. 

"Honey we're not arguing. Shh" Cooed Yonghwa as he lightly tapped her back with his free hand while swinging her to sleep. "Sleep well princess" he hushed and wiped her tears as he swing his body left and right.

"Give her to me" Joohyun said silently, she was looking at him with blank face. A defense Yonghwa already knew now. 

"One last time Seo Joo Hyun. I'll carry Yebin to bed and we'll talk. AGAIN." he snapped and went straight to Yebin's room which is next to Joohyun's room. The little girl gave her a tour of the house awhile ago while Joohyun is busy at the kitchen.

He tucked Yebin to bed, kissing her forehead before he stood up and went to the door, leaving the lights open because Yebin said she's scared of the dark. It shocked him too, being close to the little girl without knowing anything about her but he still accepted her whole heartedly. He chose not to think further, thus, he trusted Joohyun blindly. In time, she'll tell it to him. In time. 

"I'll be there! Please do everything you can" he heard her sobbing hysterically, rushing to the cabinet at the living room to get her car keys. "!!" she cursed out loudly, raking her hair with her shaking hands. She looks so lost and out of her wits. 

"Joohyun. hey" he moved closer and held her shoulder, calming her. "What's wrong?"

"Oppa. Can you stay with Yebin for a-awhile?" her tear-stricken face broke his heart. She looks like a lost soul, and the way she was crying silently made him want to do everything to stop her from crying and hurting like this. 

"Tell me what's happening. Oppa will help you. Please tell me what's wrong Joohyun"

"Please stay with Yebin. Please. Please" she was crying hard, her whole body is shaking with unknown fear

"Calm down ahrasseo? Breathe baby breathe" he hugged her tight, caressing her hair, kissing her forehead as he appease her with all his might 

"Oppa. I'm calm now. Can you stay with Yebin for a while? I already gave the maid an off until tomorrow" She was still shaking but her voice is a lot more firmer now

"Can't you tell me what's happening first Joohyun?" his hands were on her cheeks as he wipes the remnants of her tears

"I'll tell you after this Oppa. Please trust me" 

"I do trust you. I wouldn't be here with you and Yebin if I don't." 

"Thank you" she moved closer to hug him tight "Thank you Yong"

"I love you, so much more. Remember that ahrasseo?"

She shook her head stubbornly and said "While I'm away, promise me you'll think twice about it. You can  say that now, but until when Oppa? I'm happy, please don't misunderstand it. I'm happy and flattered with everything you're showering me with Oppa. But I don't want you to regret anything when the time comes. Promise me you'll think about this all over again. Ahrasseo?" She smiled sadly as she caressed his cheeks "I'll be right back" she tiptoed and pecked his lips, before walking towards the door. 

"Be careful ahrasseo?"

"I will" 

"And I don't need to think twice anymore. I'll be the same man who loves you when you get back here." he shouted as she walks her way to the car. She doesn't showed him that she's smiling, but hearing his words made her cold heart melt. Finally. I think he's the one I've been waiting for.