Chapter XIII

You First Believed

I shouldn't feel this way... I shouldn't even think of him.. But why? Why does my heart hurts? Why does my mind won't stop thinking of him? Of the way he looked at us when he witnessed the kiss? But why would I care? I wasn't the one who helped him survived his trauma. I wasn't the one. I wasn't. I don't deserve this. I shouldn't act like this.

 

She looked up at the vast view of stars shining brightly above her. She tried to calm her self, to empty her mind, she wanted to come back to the old her. The Seo Joo Hyun who won't even give a fck about what other people thinks. The Seo Joo Hyun who doesn't care at all. 

 

"You should at least share your burden with me" Her head turned to her side, seeing Soohyuk sitting beside her. 

[Please play this BGM ^^]

 

"Who are you?" she asked curiously

"How can you forget me after all these years?" Joohyun looked up and saw him looking at her with pain in his eyes

"Remind me"

"Never mind" Soohyuk shrugged and leaned over to kiss her again

"Yah!" she slapped his shoulder making him yelped, rubbing the sore part where she slapped him "Why did you hit me?!"

"Why are you such a maniac?!" Seo Joo Hyun shouted back

"I'm your Guardian Angel and not a maniac!"

"You're not my-" her eyes widen as a series of events flashed back in her mind

I'm your Guardian Angel Oppa, I'll take care of you little cherub. 

You don't need to get scared, I'm here. always. 

I won't leave you my sweet little cherub

"O-oppa?"

"Finally!" Soohyuk grinned widely, tapping the tip of her nose just like what he loves to do since they were kids

"O-oppa!" just like when they were kids, she run to him, clinging to his neck, burrying her face in his chest "Oppa" she cried shamelessly... the warm and safe feeling she always feels whenever he's beside her. "Oppa" she chanted as if she was casting a spell.

"Hello my sweet cherub, you've grown into a beautiful angel. My Angel" she felt his arms around her, pulling her deeper into his warmth "I've missed you. I've been looking for you everywhere. I didn't stopped. I couldn't.." she kissed the top of her hair, inhaling her sweet fragrance. 

"Thank you for finding me Oppa" she sobbed "Thank you" 

It was the first time... after all those years she suffered... It was the first time she cried her heart out... In him she felt safe, she felt home...

 

==============================================================================

 

"Find her! Don't ing stop!" he was pacing left and right. his jaw clenched as his mind went crazier every minute. Where are you Seo Joo Hyun?!

"Hyung." Jungshin stood beside him, not minding the deadly glare Yong's throwing at him. 

"What?!" he growled

"It's already 4 in the morning. They haven't eaten their dinner yet. Even you d-"

"I don't ing care! I'm paying them to work!"

"Hyung-"

"Don't test my patience right now Lee Jung Shin!"

Maybe she's the one who really helped you overcome your fears. Oh well. I wouldn't waste your time. Goodbye Yonghwa-ssi. Soohyuk Oppa's waiting for me. I might not go to work tomorrow though, I think it'll be tiring tonight.

"!" he threw the vase near him, creating a loud crashing sound. He looked at it and saw that it was crushed into tiny pieces, just like his heart right now... why does it ing hurts?

"Go and rest now, tell it to the guards too." He coldly said

His phone vibrated, indicating an incoming message. He hurriedly opened it but was disappointed when Nana's name flashed on the screen. 

Thank you for helping me Oppa. I don't know what will happen to my career if you didn't helped me. Thank you!

He laughed bitterly. He only helped Nana. And yet this happened? 

Maybe she's the one who really helped you overcome your fears.

Can she hear herself that time? 

How can she think like that? I made it clear right? He felt like his head will explode. He needs to distract himself. 

He went to work early, hoping that she'll come... But his patience was thinning as time passes by. It was lunch break yet he can't see even her shadow... He decided to make a visit at her department, but she wasn't there. When he walked passed the engineering department, he overheard the female staffs talking

"Too bad Soohyuk-ssi is absent. My day isn't complete now" she sighed problematically

"Then do you want your salary to be incomplete too?" Yonghwa interfere, speaking coldly 

"M-Mr. Jung" they bowed and left hastily

 I might not go to work tomorrow though, I think it'll be tiring tonight.

TIRING HUH?! Then fine! Don't expect me to welcome you whole heartedly tomorrow! DAMN IT! 

 

=========================================================================

 

"Ready to go to work tomorrow?" Soohyuk asked as he busily dries his hair with the towel. 

"Ani" she streched lazily at the couch, sighing deeply as she snuggle at the pillow beside her

"Then let's take a leave?"

"And?"

"And go somewhere?"

"Where exactly is that somewhere?"

"It's a secret sweetheart" he pinched her nose playfully, making her glare at him before sticking her tongue out

"Pretty" she heard him chuckle and went back to his bedroom. 

Soohyuk offered his place for the night. Knowing that someone might be camping outside her house. 

"I'm going to ask my secretary to pass a leave request for 3 days, want me to tell it to your secretary too?" She heard Soohyuk called out

"Yes please!" She answered before drifting into another deep slumber

 

=====================================================================================

 

He was distracted, so distracted that he can't work properly. He decided to ignore the paperworks first, and rested his pounding head at the head rest of his swivel chair.

Hearing a knock on his door, he saw his secretary peeked and he signalled him to go on. 

"Here are another set of paperworks asking for your approval. This two are from two of the head departments and is asking for your approval asap." 

He opened the first one and felt the fire inside him awakened once more. 

Lee Soo Hyuk, head of the engineering department was asking for a 3 days leave due to personal reasons. It wasn't enough, Seo Joo Hyun asked for a leave as well for 3 days due to personal reasons as well. Well hell will freeze over before I approve this.

He threw the letter to the paper shredder. Fuming at the thought of her spending some time with another man. AND FOR THREE DAYS?! SERIOUSLY?!

 

==================================================================================

 

"Well big news! Our request got DENIED" Lee Soohyuk sighed

"I don't care. I actually think of resigning now" Seohyun said nonchalantly

"Should we?"

"You can stay Oppa. I have my own business to take care of. I don't even have to work there. I just lost my mind or something that cause me to work there."

"Well the reason why I'm working there is because you're working there as well. So if my reason isn't there anymore, why should I continue?"

"Aigoo, do you missed me that much?" She asked as she turned the page of the book she was reading out of boredom.

Just then his phone beeped again, indicating an incoming message

"Well, our soon to be ex-boss was requesting our presence tomorrow morning"

"Not interested" she shrugged and continued reading

Just as she was about to turn another page, his phone rang loudly

"Hello?" she heard Soohyuk answered with his cold voice making her shrug "I don't know if she wants to talk to you" Soohyuk looked at her with frown marred his face

He whispered Lee Jung Shin to her, pointing at his phone and asking her if she wants to speak to him but she just shook her head

"She doesn't want to." that and he hang up already. Switching off his phone and hiding it at the cabinet near him

"Happy?" Soohyuk asked

"Very" she smiled timidly before returning her attention to the book she's reading

 

====================================================================

 

"What do you mean you can't reach them both?!" He feels like a volcano ready to errupt in no time. He was getting frustrated. He can't reach her, he can't even find her! He ordered his men to look for her, he even gave them that engineer's address but he's not home too. 

His head was pounding hard, he felt helpless. And most of all? He's hurting.

He shouldn't have let her go that night. They were just starting for goodness sake! And then this happened!

She should at least let me explain first! Why did she just assumed something like that?

"Hyung he turned off his phone as well. And h-"

"And what Lee Jung Shin?"

"He's with her at the moment" His fist balled automatically, shutting his eyes hard as if it could tame down the rage he was feeling inside. 

"What do you want me to do h-hyung?"

"Nothing. Go home and rest. I'll just call you tomorrow. You may go now." He said as he settled into his swivel chair, trying so hard to block the unnecessary images flooding his mind right now. 

 

===================================================================================

 

She went home that night, planning to just grab some of her things before they go to their 3 days escapade. But as the elevator dinged open, 2 men in suits welcomed her. Thinking that it was Yonghwa who sent them there, she ignored them. 

"Well hello to you too Golden Mistress!" her steps halted as she heard his voice 

"What are you doing here Jang Geun Suk?" 

"Aww. Can't you just say my name sweetly? Like Sukkie Oppa would be nice too!"

"What do you ing want?"

"Ooh you really do sound y cursing" she shivered as she saw him his lips as he looked at her from head to toe. 

"Get out of here!"

"Well, I just passed by to deliver my father's message. He said you haven't reported to him yet and he can't contact you just because you turned off your phone intentionally"

"I'll talk to him later then. Get your off here now!"

"Too excited to get rid of me? Na-uh! I just need to tell you this sweet news first!" He crazily moved his hands as if he were playing drums. "Well Jung's empire seems to be falling right now. Our spy there did a good job leaking Jung's proposal to The Palace Project! Ahh. What a pleasure to witness the slow self destruction of the almighty Jung Empire!" He laughed evilly as he went inside the elevator followed by the two men in suit. 

"!" she sprinted inside her apartment and went straight to the bathroom. She freaking forgot about it already! Damn all these drama!

While drying herself, she decided to finally open her phone to be welcomed by his nonstop missed calls and text. He was obviously calling her since yesterday night. Browsing to the messages

Holy fck! He haven't slept yet?  Browsing through the tons of text he sent, she was checking the time he sent it to her and was surprised that he's been texting her around 15 to 20 text messages every hour. She should feel guilty, but as she remembers the scene at the restaurant, the rage she managed to shoved down her being tries to appear once again. 

She dialed Soohyuk's number and told him that she needs to go to work tomorrow, and that their plan will be moved next week. Which Soohyuk gladly reply that it was okay and said that they can make it 5 days as soon as they finished all their work for the week. 

====================================================================================

 

"She's here hyung" Jungshin said as he stares at his boss who were lost in his own world. It was just 8am and yet his boss looked like he worked for 12 hours already. 

"Any news regarding the investigation on who leaked the proposal?" Jungshin's gaze darted to his boss' face as if it grew two heads. Did he just ignore what I said?

"No news as of now. The culprit obviously knows where the documents where hidden. It seems like the culprit has some source here too"

"Tell them to inform me as soon as they found out who it was."

"Yes sir!" He was about to run towards the door when it opened suddenly, showing the furious Seo Joo Hyun who were clutching a folder that looks like a copy of the proposal they've been working for almost 3 weeks now.

"How can you just sit there and not do anything regarding the bidding?! It's 2 weeks from now! Aren't you going to do something about it??" She said as she fumed in front of his boss' table. He hastily grabbed the door handle as soon as he saw his boss' stood up hastily, making the chair flip and it tilted to the floor. He shuddered as soon as he saw his boss' deadly glare that was boring holes to Seohyun-ssi's face.

"Staring won't make up to the wasted effort of making that proposal!" She shouted bravely. Ignoring the black aura that his boss was emitting

"Go out and lock the door Lee Jung Shin. Make sure that no one will disturb us even for a minute. Hold all the incoming calls and cancel all my meeting."

"You can't just c-"

"YOU ING SHUT UP RIGHT NOW BECAUSE I'M CLEARLY NOT IN THE MOOD FOR ARGUMENTS SEO JOO HYUN!" Fck. His boss is really mad. It was the first time he saw him spitting fire like that

"NO! YOU ING NEED TO MOVE YOUR BECAUSE CLEARLY! YOU'RE ENEMIES ARE ONE STEP AHEAD OF YOU NOW! STOPPING YOU TO REACH YOUR GOALS!"

"THE ENEMIES YOU WERE SAYING THAT WAS STOPPING ME TO REACH MY GOAL NOW... IS LEE SOOHYUK ONE OF THEM?!"

Just great! The company's crumbling down yet Hyung chose his jealousy over soohyuk-ssi first. That was a smooth one tho! The enemies you were saying that was stopping me to reach my goal now... Is Lee Soo Hyuk one of them?

He rolled his eyes as he shut the door gently, hearing the cursing and their screams being thrown to each other. Surely, Seo Joo Hyun is a smart-arse woman! Her plan is working!

He picked up his phone and dialled a series of numbers, as soon as he heard the person on the other line answered

"Are you finished deleting the cctv footage? Good. You can take a rest now. They already received the copy of the Proposal."

 

 

 

 

 

 

=====================================================================================

 

A/N

 

And keuuuuuuuuut! Hahaha! I've missed you guys T_________T Sorry if I haven't updated since forever! I've been busy with a hella lot of things and my writers block keeps on being a bijj 3 But here I am now! I've managed to write a not-so-long-update-but-hey-at least-I've-updated-right?  HAHA

 

I dedicate this update to Heavenlysins!  

I knew you were having a bad time when I saw you haven't updated for months! I badly want to reach out to you but I can't find you anywhere else other than here on AFF! Stay strong Twinnie! Glad you came back and you bravely started writing again! I've missed you sooo much! Just remember that you have your huge army of Goguma chingus who's always there to catch you whenever you want to just fall and give up. And I'm right beside you ready to throw some raw gogumas at you to knock some sense outta you! HAHAHAHA! but kidding aside, I'm sorry for your loss sweetheart :( It will hurt, but always remember that he's alive within your heart. He's always there to guide you and he's just beside you. Guiding you through every step of the way. Himnae twinnie! Meet you at GoChun and lemme give you a big and thight bear hug that'll make you forget your name in an instant! HAHAHAHa! Fighting! Loveyouuu <33 It was nice reading your update again! Although I admit.... IT'S STILL A CLIFFHANGER!!! *pulls your hair* 

 

 

 

Till my next UD!!! Love you guys! And oooooooooooooh!!!!!

 

YongSeo's in NEW YOORKKKKKKKKKKKK  NOW(Probably Later or Tomorrow morning GG will arrive). BREATHING THE SAME AIR! AND BEING A PROFESSIONAL NINJA AGAIN! AHAHHAHAH! #GoChunIsAliiiiive!

 

 

<3333

 

 

Ciao!~

 

 

-Azile<3