Chapter XII

You First Believed

It was suffocating... It was the longest elevator ride she ever experienced. She was praying so hard for it to end soon, but seems like her prayer haven't reached heaven yet...

 

"I'll bring you home later" Soohyuk coldly said

"Mwo?!" Hyorin and Dasom shrieked as they heard the ever coldhearted man speak to Seohyun, staring at them as if they grew two horns magically. 

"Excuse me?" Seohyun stared at him wide-eyed, ignoring the colder aura she's feeling beside her. "And why would you do that?"\

"No reason."

"I believe we still have to discuss some of our plans later Ms. Seo" Jung Yong Hwa coldly said, making her look at him and back to Soohyuk

"I believe our work is done for today. You can just discuss it tomorrow. She's not feeling well, nor eaten luch yet."

Yonghwa glared at her as she looks up front. Wiping the bullets of sweat forming in her forehead.

DING!

Thank goodness!!! She quickly jumped off as soon as the elevator door opens. Walking fast to avoid any of the two man from walking along with her.

Just then, her phone beeped. Indicating a new message

Let's talk LATER. and also, STAY,AWAY.FROM.HIM

She rolled her eyes at his absurdity. She can already imagine his flaring nostrills as he stomps his feet behind her childishly. 

"Later" he said with gritted teeth as he stomps pass her. 

 

========================================================

 

They arrived at the bar few minutes later... Joohyun placed her bag tiredly at the table beside Hyorin and Dasom when Yonghwa dragged her to a dark corner...

==~

“YOU SHOULD’VE JUST BRUSHED OFF HIS INVITE!”

Her head was aching hard that it might explode any minute… Her fist balled tightly that it paled as she clench it with all her strength, practicing the patience and biting her tongue to stop lashing back, because it might result to endless bantering and the longer time they’ll argue with this issue.

“But it’s my chance to observe him! I need to figure out if he’s the spy!”

“By means of agreeing with him to send you home?!”

“YES!”

“There’s still a lot of opportunity to do it and not this way!”

“Mr. JUNG! I.NEED.TO.DO.THIS! whether you like it or not I’M DOING THIS!” it was her last straw. She gave him one last glare before walking out of him and headed to their table where the staffs are having fun, oblivious with the emitting dark aura of their boss.

“Seohyun-ssi! Seat beside Mr. Lee!” Dasom and Hyorin squealed like fangirls as they point the empty seat next to Soohyuk.

“I believe this is Ms. Seo’s bag?” Yonghwa said coldly, pointing her bag seated at the seat beside him.

Her brows furrowed, thinking how her bag get in there when she placed it at the table next to Dasom and Hyorin awhile ago.

“I-I guess I’ll just seat where my bag is.” She cleared due to embarrassment. People were staring at her and their boss curiously. Never in their entire stay in the Jung Company have they seen someone sat beside their boss other than his secretary Lee Jungshin. They believed that their boss is sensitive with other people having skin contact with him. But what the hell happened now? Their boss even suggested that she sits beside him.

“Ohmygod” Dasom whispered, squeezing hyorin’s arms as they saw how their boss’s eyes lit up as Seohyun approached her seat next to him. He even took off her coat and moved her purse, placing it on his lap. Just when Seohyun saw it, her face turned beet red, pointing at her purse placed on his lap and glared at him as if they were close. He scratched the side of his neck with embarrassment and sheepishly gave her the purse, softly saying sorry and offered her a shy smile. Dasom and Hyorin squeaked in unison as they saw the sudden changes of their boss’s attitude.

“Hyung. Your staffs were staring” Lee Jung Shin nudged his ogling boss discreetly, stopping him from losing his staffs respect towards him.

Jung Yong Hwa sat respectively and changed from being serious again. He heard Seohyun scoffed and whispered pathetic towards him, making him kick her lightly which she returned more strongly making him clenched his jaw to prevent himself from screaming.

“Hyung!” Jungshin whispered frustratedly, glaring at the two choding beside him.

The two just smiled at him sheepishly, making him roll his eyes at them.

“Seohyun-ssi can you sit here beside me? I need to discuss something to you” She almost spewed her drink when she heard Soohyuk spoke as if they were friends for a long time. She glared at the said man who was looking at her with a blank face yet there were mirth in his eyes.

“Let’s eat first. We’re here to enjoy dinner and let’s just talk about work tomorrow. Drinks are on me!” Jung Yong Hwa said. Holding her wrist under the table, preventing her to go.  “Try to sit beside him and I’ll pull you and make you sit here on my lap for the rest of the night.” 

She groaned exaggeratedly, feeling the fast approaching headache once again. 

"I swear if you don't pull your hands away from me I'm going to walk out of this place!" 

"I swear if both of you don't stop I'm going to tie you together!" It was Jungshin's last straw of patience as he can't help but to get frustrated with the way the two are fighting and getting sweet seconds after. "I don't care if you're my boss and you're my boss's woman but I swear I'll do it"

"The do it!"

"Andwe!"

"I'm outta here!" Jungshin stood up as he heard them answered in unison. They saw Jungshin walked to the bar counter and ordered a seems to be hard drink and drank it in one go.

"Look what you did to him!" She glared darkly at him

"Me?! I didn't do anything!"

"Yes you did!" 

"No I didn't!" 

"You were acting childish!"

"It's because I'm jealous!" Seohyun stopped and looked around, glad that no one were paying attention to them. 

"Seohyun-ssi" They both looked at Soohyuk who were looking at them innocently, as if oblivious to the brewing fight they were in

"Ne?"

"Can I talk to you for a second?"

From the side of her eyes she can see Yonghwa looking at her with poison in his eyes, urging her to try it.

"For what?"

"It's a little sensitive for other people to hear" It made her brows furrowed, Soohyuk looks pretty serious with it

"I'll be right back." She tapped Yong's thigh and saw him sneered but pouted right after. She shook her head with his ridiculousness. But before she managed to stand up, he carelessly held her wrist and said

"5 minutes woman!" Jung Yong Hwa whispered too dangerously close to her making her moved back a bit but was stopped when he pulled her closer "5 minutes ahra? I'm a very impatient man Seo Joo Hyun" she nodded and was shaken when she felt him clasped their hands together for a few seconds before releasing her. "Come back to me fast"

She glared at him and whispered "I hate cheese" but smiled shyly after, making the run of her life as her heart started to beat fast

================~

 

"Why are they calling you Golden Mistress when you're not Jang Dong Geun's mistress at all?" Soohyuk asked with furrowed eyebrows

"How can you say that? do you know me well enough?"

"I don't need to know you well for me to figure that out. It's either people judged you the first time they saw you together or they just believed with whatever they heard about you"

"Why are we having this talk?"

"Because I don't like them calling you Golden Mistress"

"And why is that? Who are you to talk that way?"

"Just someone who doesn't want to taint you with negativity"

"Oh wow. now we're talking non-sense. Now, if you excuse me"

"What's your relationship with Mr. Jung?"

"I'm his "

" with that word. How can you degrade yourself just like that?"

"I got used to it that it doesn't bother me anymore"

"You shouldn't get used to it. It was a sign of giving up"

"Who says I'm fighting?"

"You are, for your family" It made her froze on her spot. No one knows about her private life other than some chosen people that she can count in her fingers

"Who the hell are you?" She asked with cold voice, walking backwards as if she'll go sprinting away from him any moment

"Don't be scared. I'm not the villain here"

"Who the hell are you??"

"I'm just somebody"

"How did you know about my family?"

"Don't be scared" he was about to touch her when someone interrupted

"Seohyun-ssi! come and join us!" Dongwoon interrupted as he grabbed Seohyun and ushered her back to the table, forgetting the conversation with Lee Soohyuk.

~~~~~~

 

When they arrived at the table, she saw Yonghwa's seat empty. She looked around until she spotted him at the other vip table placed at the far end corner of the club. She was about to just sit and wait for him to come back when she saw a woman's hand wrapped around him...and worse? He hugged her back. It might be her lethal stare, or might be his awareness that he turned around and their eyes clashed. Feeling the painful tightening of her chest with what she saw, she decided to grab her purse and walked towards Lee Soohyuk who was looking at her as if he already expected what she'll say.

"Let's go?" Soohyuk stood up and ushered her out, without minding to say goodbye to the oblivious staffs who were drunk enough for it to notice.

 

She felt his hands at her back, guiding her to the way out. She was clutching her purse hard that her knuckles paled at the force she was exerting, her phone vibrated, indicating an incoming call. She don't need to look at it to know who's calling her right that moment. it was him. She ignored it but it rang again, as she turned it off, she felt someone grabbed her wrist.

 

It wasn't disappoinment, she shouldn't feel it. Why is she hoping that it was him?

Lee Jungshin was panting when he reached them, clutching his phone hard, he spoke tiredly at the phone he's holding.

"I managed to get to her before she managed to escape" Said jungshin as he struggled to even his breathing, he gave his phone to her but she wouldn't move. "He said he needs to talk to you"

"I don't"

"He'll fire me real this time!"

"And you believed it now?"

"He's serious now" SHe exhaled frustratingly, grabbing his phone as she placed it in front of her ears.

"Whatever you-"

"Whatever I saw was just normal. I expected it already. Congratulations for passing the touching trauma, at least I helped you get over it. Now if you could just excuse me I need to-"

"DON'T YOU EVEN DARE TAKE ONE MORE STEP SEO JOO HYUN"

"Watch me! Ani my bad, you're too busy accompanying her at the moment for you to see."

"Hyun believe me Nana was just f-"

"I see. It was her like the last time. Maybe she's the one who really helped you overcome your fears. Oh well. I wouldn't waste your time. Goodbye Yonghwa-ssi. Soohyuk Oppa's waiting for me. I might not go to work tomorrow though, I think it'll be tiring tonight." That and she ended the call already, nodding at Jungshin before urging Soohyuk to walk faster. 

 

She was satisfied that she's the one who left with the last word.She was satisfied. Was. But now she's lost. And not to mention....empty.

 

"I'm here. I won't leave ever again" That exact moment she looked up at Soohyuk who was staring at her from his seat, he pulled her suddenly that she was caught offguard.

"Again?" she was staring at him with furrowed eyebrows "What do you mean again?"

But instead of answering, he leaned close and enclosed her small face with his big warm hands, dipping down to kiss her lips shortly but soft.

"What the h-" even before she managed to move out of his grasp, they heard a knock on the glass window and saw Yonghwa's steel cold eyes glaring at them, at him. 

"Do you want me to open it?" was what Soohyuk asked

"No. Let's just go" Seohyun said weakly as she shut her eyes and buried her face in her hands. She doesn't want to think right now. She'll just pretend she didn't saw that look on Yonghwa. That look. He's hurting...

 

 

==============================================================================================

 

 

A/N

 

 

 

OLLAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! Hahaha! Long time no update!!! (and yet I updated an angst chapter. haha)

Mian if I just updated tdy. I'm still busy but I managed to finish this!!! YEEEY <3

I'll try my hardest to update SOONEST! <3

How was it? Do you still remember me? XD

 

 

ps. shoutout to PINOY GOGUMAS! We will be having a mini-gathering this coming May 24 at Kogi Bulgogi Gateway Mall, Cubao! It'll start at 10am! Feel free to message me here or tweet me at @Mysweetlove17_

for the details and if you want to come kindly tell me!. EVERY GGMS ARE WELCOME! See you soon!!

 

 

Ciao!

 

 

-Azile<3