Chapter III

You First Believed

He glared one last time to the three evil ladies before walking away from them. 

"Wait!" One of the lady said, grabbing his arms. He froze at the sudden contact, his hands went cold, and his body trembled. 

"How dare you touch me?" he said darkly, slapping her hand that touched him

"I-I'm sorry." the lady bowed her head again, shaking.

He stride out of the hall and went to the bar at the side

"Send one Brugerolle Cognac in the private room.now." He commanded as he walked passed the bartender

"S-Sir!" But he ignored him, and walked faster. Feeling his trembling body on the sudden contact awhile ago. He stared in disgust at the spot where the lady held him.

Once he reached the room, he closed it loudly and walked straight to the sofa, slumping his body, closing his eyes tight. He rubbed the spot where the lady touched him, hoping it would erase the mark, his sweating bullets, his heart beating fast. 

"S-sir"

"Just leave it here and go." he answered, his eyes still shut.

"B-but Ms. S-"

"Go"

"Y-yes. I'm sorry"

He heard the door closed lightly, and the quietness calmed him a bit, albeit he's still shaking. Then his mind drifted to Seo Joo Hyun,  the mysterious woman. 

Why did she told that? 

Why am I doing those things?

He pushed himself to sit up and poured the cognac in the glass. Just then, he felt somebody's presence, he felt that someone's staring at him, his every move. From his peripheral vision, he saw someone sitting across him. Slowly, his gaze drifted to that someone

"S-Seo Joo Hyun" he momentarily froze, not knowing what to say. She remained staring at him, as if trying so hard to see through him.

"W-Why didn't y-you t-" but she just stood up and was about to walk out of the room when he spoke again "Wait" he said breathlessly

"You needed time for yourself" She deadpanned

"Whatever you saw, don't t-"

"I won't" she said and was about to push the door when he stopped her again, not knowing what's happening to him

"Can we talk?" She looked at him and closed the door again. She stared at him blankly, waiting for him to speak up

"Why did you do that?"

"What?"

"What you said to those three evil ladies."

"First of all, don't misunderstood what I said. I only did that, not because I want to save you but because I don't want to be the talk of the town again. Tell me honestly, why are you doing this? why are you talking to me? What do you want?"

"To know you" he said without thinking twice

"The feeling is not mutual sorry to say that." she deadpanned "You want to know his strategies on how to win against you? it's that reason right?"

"How can you s-"

"No, I'm not asking for an explanation. Listen to what I will say because this is the last time we'll talk. It's not Mr. Jang's fault that he's winning over you. Its your carelessness. The moment you know that you'll win over the deal, you'll just relax and will wait for the day of the announcing of the company who'll win the deal. If you only focus until the end, you'll definitely get those deals you lose."

Her words strucked him again, understanding everything she said, engraving it to his mind.

"Why are you saying this? You're on his side right?"

"I'm at nobody's side." She glared at him, looking angry with what he said, making him confuse more. "And I only said it because I want you to stay away from me now.I know that this is the only reason why you're trying to get close to me. After this, let's forget that this conversation happened." With one last look, she left the room, leaving him dumbfounded.

 

=================================================================================================

 

 "Jung Empire, Congratulations!!" His eyes widen upon hearing the announcement. 

"Hyung! we won the deal!!" Jungshin reacted ecstatically

"W-we won." he said, still shocked

"Congratulations Mr. Jung" Mr. Kwon Ji Yong, The head of Kwon Hotel said "Hoping to have a great partnership with you" 

"Thank you so much for trusting us" he smiled sincerely, compared to the past deals they tried to get, Kwon Hotel is the biggest deal upon all of those they tried to win over. With these, he's so thankful, not only because of their hardwork, but because of that someone who helped him realize his fault.

He and his group went out of the Kwon Hotel with wide grin plastered on their face, showing victory. 

"What can you say now that you won the deal against Jang Empire?" one of the reporter asked, Jungshin was about to stop the reporter but he signalled him that it was okay, making his secretary looked at him as if he grew two heads. 

"I feel ecstatic and thankful to my group who worked hard to get this deal. And also" he looked straight to the camera "Je vous remercie, ma belle inconnue." (Thank you, my beautiful stranger) He smiled, hoping the Beautiful stranger is watching. 

"What did you said? Are you dating a french lady??" The reporters gone wild, trying to squeeze out information

"I believe we're already done" said Jungshin who stepped in between Yonghwa and the reporters, ushering his boss to the waiting car. 

"Since when did you know how to speak french?! You don't even want to meet your french tutor that time!"

He just chuckled while looking at the curious face of his secretary. "Hurry, we have lots of things to do!"

"Hyung! answer me! do I need to arrange a thanksgiving mass for you??"

"for what?"

"For FINALLY opening up, I mean, some thought you're gay because you don't want to be touched nor have a relationship."

"Gay?!"

"Ne"

"Find those people who said that and fire them!"

"Oh please not again!"

"I'm serious!"

"I'm just joking!" 

"Then you're fired!"

"105!" Jungshin laughed, still counting how many times his boss yells at him with those words.

==============================================================================================================

 

"What did you said?!" He looked at his secretary with disbelief "She resigned?? At this critical time?!" 

"I told her that she can't just go like that, but she pleaded, she was scared and I can't fathom why she's acting like that. She's been looking around like she's afraid someone's following her, watching her."

"How can we hire a new one this fast?! You damn well know that we need to train the staffs first before we let them handle a project!"

"We have a choice though" Jungshin said, looking around, fidgetting. 

"What choice?"

"We can hire a professional one."

"Do that."

"But we need to pay her more"

"I don't care. Just do it. Do everything that can make her agree FAST."

"even if you lose your mind?" Jungshin whispered as he walked towards the door

"What? I didn't heard what you said" 

"I intended not to" he smirked before walking out of his boss's office

1, he started counting

2, he closed the door shut

3...

"YAH LEE JUNG SHIN!!" Yonghwa shouted, and he burst out laughing, walking to his table as he heard his boss cursing him over and over again. He reached over the phone directory and dialled a number

 

"Hello? May I talk to the head of Anges de souhaits Interior?" 

===============================================================================================================

"have you already talked to the new Interior Designer?" He asked as he tidies his clothes, putting it in his overnight bag, he picked up his plane ticket and passport and put it to his case. 

"Yes hyung, I already did that, I'm just waiting for her confirmation."

"What's the name of the interior?"

"anges de souhaits"

"A french interior?"

"H-hyung, its almost time. I'm here at the aiport now, where are you?" 

"yah! Aish. I'm almost there."

 

They left for Paris where they will build the new Kwon Hotel, they are scheduled to check the location and have a meeting with Mr. Kwon, the owner.

"Are we meeting the interior designer there?"

"yes hyung"

"Good."

When they arrived at the airport, Jungshin called the Interior Designer and informed her that they're on their way to the hotel where she's currently staying to. Jungshin grinned evily as he stared at his innocent boss who's looking at his watch impatiently.

"Hyung, here's your suite number and key, we'll be meeting her later tonight at the restaurant."  

"Ahrasseo"

 

=========================================================================================================

 

"You should've woken me up! Aish! look! we're already 10 minutes late!" he was fuming when he met his secretary at the lobby, and now heading to the restaurant to meet the newly hired Interior Designer.

"She just arrived to hyung you know, so chill."

They walked to the far end corner of the restaurant where VIP persons are the only one who have the privilege to eat there. Right when the usherette opened the door, his eyes instantly clashed with the familiar warm brown eyes he surely won't forget everywhere he goes. He stood there rooted on his spot, not knowing what to do, not understanding why his heart was racing fast, not understanding why he badly wants to talk to her again.

Just then, he was pulled out of his own reverie when he heard Jungshin coughed awkwardly, signalling for him to come in.

"bonsoir" he greeted, liking her shocked reaction 

"bonsoir" she greeted back, and ushered them to join her. 

"Thank you for accepting our offer Ms. Seo, even though your secretary said that you have lots of projects that are lined up, you still accepted our offer." Jungshin said, bowing slightly as a sign of thankfulness

"I'm the one who should thank you for trusting us" she said, but she didn't even smile and just kept her face void of emotion

"Jungshin, Mr. Kwon is asking if you can meet him in his office right now."

"Right now?? Can I eat f-"

"Right.now" he said with finality

"Ahrasseo" he sighed in defeat

"Eat first, I'm sure he'll understand that you're tired and hungry because of the long flight." Seo Joo Hyun said, her eyes softening a little, yet her lips remained in a thin line.

"No, go now" Yonghwa countered

She signalled for the usherette to take their order now, not waiting for Yonghwa's approval if Jungshin can eat or not.

He glared at Jungshin who was busy grinning victoriously and caught him looking at Seohyun, bowing in gratefulness. His eyes turned into slits as he saw Seo Joo Hyun bowed back and smiled a little before shifting her gaze to the menu again.

"Aww!" He kept his face impassive as he pretends to look at the menu while Jungshin is nursing his feet that he intently stepped on. 

=================================~   

"Once again, thank you for trusting me with this big project." Seohyun bowed as she stepped out of the elevator

"Thank you too" Yonghwa said, not taking his eyes off her

Right when she her heels and was now walking to her suite, Yonghwa stopped the closing elevator door and pushed the penthouse button before grabbing Jungshin's room key and stepped out of the elevator.

"Hyung! where are you going??"

"Sleep in my room." He said and his heels, following Seo Joo Hyun.

He spotted her opening her door, he fastened his pace and pushed her in, locking the door, making sure she won't escape. 

"You can't avoid me now, ma belle inconnue.My Beautiful Stranger...