Chapter II

You First Believed

"And one more information hyung."

"What?"

"They called her "The Golden Mistress" , Jang Dong Gun's mistress to be specific."

"MWORAGO?!" his eyes widen, and his jaw dropped literally. "There must be something wrong with the information! I've paid you more than enough to work harder! And now you'll tell me bulls?!" 

"I'm telling the truth. You can also ask the other employees, and I also saw them in a gala once. I don't know why you're unaware of his mistress b-"

"Stop. There must be something there! How can that woman be his mistress??"

"Maybe be-"

"Don't you dare judge her so easily. You don't know the real story" He warned, knowing Jungshin for a long time, he knows his way of thinking already.

"But for someone as beautiful as her, why would you think that she's with him??"

"I don't know, its just that, my instinct tells me that she's not what you think she is."

"I'm not the only one thinking that way hyung, almost everybody thinks that way."

"Go back to your work" 

Jungshin bowed at him and walked out of his office.

Golden Mistress?

Why would they call her that? The way she acted yesterday is not someone that screams Gold-digger. 

He sighed deeply, that woman is just something. She's the first woman that touched him without him getting livid. No one, as in no woman can hold him that far. And the way his body reacted, at first he was shocked, wanting to slap the hands of the brave person who have the guts to even lay a finger on him. But as he heard and saw the owner of the hands that was holding him, he calmed down. Many woman tempted to cross the boundary,many woman tried to know why he's untouchable, why he doesn't want to be in a relationship. But one glare from him, they'll stop questioning.

"Hyung" he jumped out of the seat when he suddenly heard Jungshin's voice

"What??" he answered moodily

"I just want to remind you the charity ball later."

"I told you I'm not coming"

"But you need to be there!"

"I'll fire you!"

"You said that a hundred times already! I even packed my stuff so I can easily go if you reached the 200!" 

"Shut up and go out"

"H-"

"I'm coming okay?!" the way his secretary rolled his eyes didn't escaped his eyes. He glared at him and he just scoffed and bowed before walking out. 

Among all the secretary he hired, Jungshin was the bravest one who successfully went passed his boundary. He's the only one whom he trust and no more else.

========================================================================================

 

"Mr Jung! Please look here!"

"Here Mr Jung! Please look here!"

His feeling irritated as time goes by, why does taking A LOT of pictures is needed in a red carpet? Can't you just picture the attendees while walking?!

"Mr. Jung you can go now"

He fights the urge to roll his eyes on the coordinator and uttered finally while gritting his teeth.

"The Golden Mistress!" His head whiped to the woman emerging from the black limousine, wearing a sinful backless dress, her lips bright red, he idled for a few seconds until he heard Jungshin calling him from a far, signalling him to go inside. He casted one last look at her before entering the hall. 

His gaze remained pinned to the door, waiting for it to open. 

"Wine? Vodka? Champagne?" He glared at the flirty waitress who has the guts to walked over to him and winked flirtily. He glared at her, making the latter flinched and walk away from him in fright. 

"The power of your deadly eyes. Aigoo" He glared at Jungshin but the latter just laughed with what he did

"Hyung, by now you should've figured out already that that look won't affect me anymore."

"Whatever, get loss" he glared one last time before he heard the door opened, and saw her instantly. Their eyes clashed as if both of their eyes have the compatible magnet attached to it. But then, his gaze drifted to the man beside her, his greatest foe, the bastard. Jang Dong Gun

He stared at her again, seeing how he was guiding her to the other guest. Not minding the judgemental looks people are throwing at her, not minding the murmurs and giggles as they looked at her with such disdain.

She kept her chin up, her poise intact, yet her straight face and blank stare made her look cold outside.

An hour had passed, yet her face remained passive. All through out the event, he kept his eyes on her. Studying her every move, how her brows furrowed when she didn't get what the other person was saying, bowing to show respect. But what made him curious the most is the way he treats her. Jang Dong Gun kept her at his side, but won't introduce her to any of his colleagues, which she obviously doesn't mind at all. He saw how those men around their circle looks at her with admiration and lust, how they itch to touch her but refrains themselves.

Just then, his time had come. He saw her excused herself to the group and whispered something to Jang Dong Gun, signalling her ringing phone. She went straight to the veranda, not minding to wear thicker coat to shield her body to the cold night air. As if his feet got its own brain, it walked to her direction, dismissing his screaming mind that what he's doing is not right.

He slowly opened the door and saw her speaking to the phone. She looks problematic though. He remained hidden at the door, looking at how her face finally have emotions, albeit her brows are furrowed.

[Please play BGM]

He walked silently towards her when he saw that she hang up on the phone already, and was now just staring blankly at the distance.

As he walks closer to her, his body began trembling, cold bead sweats forming on his forehead, his hands are cold but not because of the chilly air. He took of his coat and draped it on her shoulder. She was startled, but fast enough to control her emotion. He heard her sighed deeply, before her hands took off the coat and gave it to him without looking. She tured and walked passed him, their hands brushed, making him flinched.

"Hi" he breathlessly said

"What do you need?" she answered coldly

"Why didn't you looked at me when you gave my coat back?" he badly want to stranggle himself as his mouth blurted out a plainly stupid question. 

"First, I know that its a man. Second, why would I look at a person whom I don't want to start a conversation with. Third, I'm not the talking-to-stranger type. Lastly, the moment I stepped foot here, I know you're not dumb enough to not know my reputation." she was about to walk passed him when he chuckled, again, the first time a woman made him "to. 

"First, you said you're not the talking-to-stranger type, but why did you talked to me just now? Second, I don't have any bad intention if that's what you're fearing. Third, no. I'm smart enough to not believe them with what they're telling about you." He saw how the confused emotion flashed through her eyes, then it turned blank again.

She looked at him straight in the eyes, and his breath hitched, his heart doubled its pace. He waited for a few seconds for whatever she'll say, but she kept shut and chose to just walk away. 

"Hey w-wait" before thinking twice, he grabbed her wrist. His eyes widen with what he did, It was a first again. And as he realized what he did, he let go of her quickly.

"ce qu'est un chercheur d'or, elle est"(What a gold digger she is) They both looked at the woman who spoke

French? but she looks korean. He scrutinized the woman more, but he was sure that she's pure Korean together with her two friends who's looking at Seo Joo Hyun with disgust. 

"Je sais ça? il doit être sa nouvelle victime."(I know right? he must be her new victim.)

"pauvre âme"(poor soul) The three laughed evilly, looking at Seo Joo Hyun from head to toe. 

He was about to speak up when he saw from her move, walking closer to the three evil ladies.

"ah, grands prétendants! (ah, great pretenders!) He watched in amusement on how the three girls looked scared while she was looming over them, speaking french as if it's her native language.

"Si j'étais vous, je vais choisir de fermer ma bouche" (If i were you I will choose to shut my mouth) "chercheurs d'or vous avez dit?"(Gold diggers you said?) "meilleur regard sur vous-même dans le premier miroir" (better look at yourself in the mirror first)

He saw her smirked as the three girls cowered under her scrutinizing stares.

"Mais vous êtes un chercheur d'or aussi!"(But you're a gold digger too!) "Il sera le prochain dans les nouvelles qui seront présentés en tant que votre nouvelle victime" (He will be the next one in the news that will be featured as your new victim)

Whatever the evil lady said affected her. He saw how she froze and glanced at him nervously, but then, as he blinked, her passive face came back as if it didn't change at all.

"très bien alors, je ne l'ai séduite. Penser que je vais le faire. Mais il n'est pas nécessaire de le diffuser comme il me l'a rejeté déjà." With that, she left already without looking back at him. His brows furrowed as the three girls laughed as if they won the lottery.

He was about to go after her when the three bravely blocked his way.

"It must be a miracle for you to do it! I admire you for that!" his brows furrowed further, not getting what they're saying.

"What?" he asked in his cold voice, making the three cower

"W-well get going"

"Wait" the three kept their eyes glued to the floor "What did she said?" he inhaled deeply as the girls didn't answered him and just continue staring at the floor as if its the most interesting thing right now

"What.did.she.said?"

"T-the last one?" one of the brave girl whom she's been arguing with bravely raised her head, albeit shaking.

He nodded his head but his cold gaze made the girl looked back down again. 

"You won't say it? Then I'll just bl-"

"Very well then, I only seduced him. Thinking that I will get him. But there is no need to broadcast it as he rejected me already. T-that's what she s-said"