Chapter XXII

You First Believed

 

EPILOGUE

 

"Happy Birthday Ahjussi!" Yebin jumped repeatedly at the bed where he was still sleeping. He and his wife welcomed his birthday with a bang! A lot of bang so to speak. "Me and Omma have presents for you! Palli ireona and let's eat!" 

He groaned and burried himself at the pillow, trying to ignore the little ball of sunshine beside him. 

"Is your Ahjussi awake already Yebinnie?"

"AHJUSSI?!" he sat down and stared at Yebin with wide eyes. It's been a month already and she stubbornly doesn't want to call him Appa anymore. It of course pained him big time. Feels like he's being punch straight to the gut everytime she calls him that. "Yebin-ah, Princess call me Appa. It's my birthday!"

He felt rejected, it's his birthday but she won't even call him Appa. 

"Let's go go go!" she jumped merrily off the bed and walked happily towards the kitchen where her Omma is cooking. 

"Is ahjussi awake already?" Even joohyun calls him ahjussi. Are they going to kick me out of their life now? Did I fail Yebin on fatherhood? Am I not a good Appa anymore? And he noticed these past few weeks about Joohyun's constant cold demeanor towards him. Did she already fall out of love on him already? Damn it was his birthday but he doesn't feel like celebrating it. On 28th will be her birthday, is he still there when they celebrate it?

"Ap-Ahjussi!" Yebin screamed at the end of the stairs, making him jump off the bed and went straight to the en suite and in a flash rushed down to the stairs where Yebin and Joohyun are whispering to one another. 

It's official then? I'm out of the picture. He was about to go back to the room when Yebin saw him and called him, urging him to seat across them. They didn't even want to be beside him! He should've received his everyday power kiss and hug from his two most favourite woman but neither of the two gave him any. 

"I have a gift for you ahjussi!" although the last word made him waver, knowing that the duo took effort to give him a gift made him feel light already. She rushed to her side and gave him a big box. He opened it, only to be welcomed by another box, and another, and another, as the size gradually decreases, he's loosing his patience, even if they troll him now, at least they took effort to wrap it right? That is enough gift already. He reached for the last small box and was expecting it empty when he tear the wrapper and saw a white cloth. It was a bloody one with red stains on it. But as he touched it, it was sticky, like a strawberry jam with food coloring. He looked at the duo weirdly who looks excited as he stares at the bloody white cloth seeming lost on to what would be the purpose of it. He spread the white cloth and found one of the side with an embroidered cursive word. 

Jung Ye Bin 06-22-17

He looked up questioningly at them. It was supposed to be Jang Ye Bin right? He looked at the embroidered again and examines it. It looks like those clothes that new borns uses probably a n- His heart was beating wildly, No. He won't expect anything not unless... He followed Yebin who nervously walked towards him, giving him a manila envelope. His hands were shaking as he opens it, and it was written in bold letters, what he saw made him sobbed hard. 

PETITION FOR ADOPTION 

"Can you be my Appa?" He was a crying mess, that only the two woman in his life can do. He nodded, lost for words. He fell down on his knees and hugged Yebin so tight but the little girl hugged him back, crying loudly while calling him Appa repeatedly. "I finally have another Dad" she softly said. 

Yonghwa looked up when he heard Joohyun coughed, getting his attention. She gave him another box, honestly speaking, having Yebin as his own daughter is the best gift already. Not unless an-

His eyes widen when he saw the pregnancy test strip, with two lines. His hands shook, he feels like floating, he's in cloud 9.

"Happy Birthday Appa" Joohyun whispereda as she waits for his reaction

"Oh baby. I love you! I love you so much" he wrapped her in his arms, hugging her tightly. He was crying like a baby. The hell with ego. He's happy. so ing happy!

"I love you Baby" he kissed Joohyun hard  "I love you princess" he hugged Yebin "and I love you Aegiya" he kneeled down and kissed Joohyun's still small tummy, caressing it as if it was his baby he's holding. "This is the best birthday ever" he sighed in contentment. Hugging Joohyun and Yebin, his other hand rested protectively at her tummy.

"You're the first one who believed me Oppa, Thank you for believing me. Thank you for not giving up on me."

"Ani, no need to thank me Joohyun-ah. I would do everything over and over again. That's how I love you. That's how I live for you."

 

 

                                                                                                               =FIN= 

 

Author's Note:

 

After 8374921 years, YFB has finally ended! kkk. Mian if I took too long to finish this. If only adulting is as easy as 1, 2, 3 XD

Thank you very much for keeping up with me T^T I promise to update often on my upcoming new story!! Please give my new story some luvin' ahrasseo? kkk. 

Till my next storY! 

#YSIR2228

Ciao!

 

-Azile<3