Chapter XVI

You First Believed

He was used to seeing him cocky, saying nonsensical things every fcking time. But today seems different, he looks pissed as hell and agitated. The moment he entered Yonghwa's office he glared at him even until he was seated. Yonghwa looked at him stoically, instead of getting scared, he was savoring this time, that finally, he saw another side of Jang Dong Geun, his greatest archenemy.

"To what do I owe this precious out of the blue moon visit from your highness?" he started sarcastically

"I don't have time for this" Dong Geun hissed "Where did you hide Seo Joohyun?!"

With years of keeping a calm facade amidst the contrary of calmness he possessed outside, his mind went in total chaos. She's ing missing.

"A hiding soul is supposed to be hidden and refused to show itself, not until that soul wanted to be free from its own prison and not until that soul stopped pulling its own leash"

"I ing don't have time for your non-sense riddles. Where did you hide her?!"

"Why would I tell you?"

"I swear I'll your so-called kingdom Jung Yong Hwa. Step out of our own business!"

"I, my friend, considered myself as part of that business of yours since the first time I laid my eyes on her." He smirked, even if inside, he wanted to trash his room, his heart pounding hard. 

"I would never agree. I won't let you get her"

"You don't own her"

"I do."

"Not in ing hell" he balled his fist, concealing the anger he's been feeling

"Stay out of my business Jung Yonghwa. If needed, I'll let you win this business deal. Just tell me where I can find her."

It caught him off-guard. Never, as in never in hundred years did he expect Jang Dong Geun to wave down the white flag when it comes to business. He was known as one of the iron fist business tycoon in Asia, but why is he doing it now?

"I don't ing need that deal. I'll let you win it, in exchange of Seo Joo Hyun's freedom"

"She's not a prisoner!!" Jang Dong Geun shouted in frustration and resentment. 

"She is! You ing order her around like a puppet. You ing keep on pulling her strings without considering her feelings!"

"You don't know anything"

"Maybe I don't but maybe I do. I won't tell you. You need to ing get your out of my building or I'll give you a walk of shame you badly deserve eversince"

"I won't stop. Watch your back Jung Yonghwa"

"I don't need to." He smirked cockily, infuriating him more. 

Just then, he saw Jang Dong Geun smirked as he was about to walk out of the door "If I know better, you are lost as much as I am. Well, finders keepers?"

"I'll bet into that" Yonghwa answered unfazed of the evilness he can clearly sense on him

"But I don't. Not in hell Jung Yonghwa. You won't have her.Forever."

Jang Dong Geun strided out of his office with head held high, he's a ing massive ball of ego. But knowing that he's willing to risk the highest business deal they've been fighting for months now pretty shows that something happened to her. ing hell. 

He buzzed the intercom, summoning Jungshin hurriedly as if his life depended on it. 

"Seo Joohyun is missing" he stated calmly, although his heart won't stop pounding hard

"Mwo??" Jungshin's eyes widen ""

"Indeed. Call the PI we hired, call whoever needs to be called. We need to find her first before he does. Contact Lee Soohyuk, trace every possible things that will lead to their whereabouts. Do it quick!" 

He grabbed his car keys and jacket "And cancel all my appointment today" he rushed out of his office in full stride 

"Hyung I'll come with you" Jungshin rushed after him but he ignored him as if he didn't speak "Aish!" 

=========================================================

"Hyun-ah wake up" he tapped her shoulder lightly, his face darkened once again as he stares at her face. It was swollen from all the slaps she received. He'll make sure Jang Dong Geun would ing suffer. 

"Hyun" 

"Mm." Slowly, her eyes opened, he saw her winced as she moved from where she was seated. 

"Does it still hurt?" his eyes were steely, voice cold, she looked up and saw him looking down at her. 

"Not anymore" she tried to smile but winced once again as the wound at the corner of her lips stings. 

 "You're the worst liar ever" he sighed, shaking his head. He looked at her tenderly, staring beyond the bruises all over her face. "Run with me. Let's start a new life away from here. Away from him."

"It's easier to be said than done Oppa" 

"Because you keep on thinking that there's no way out"

"There IS no way out. You among all people knows that Oppa" 

"There IS a way out. i know so because I know you well enough"

"Oppa, my life is a dead end already"

"How can you say that?? Seo Joohyun"

"Thank you" she smiled at him softly "Thank you for being there always"

"No need to thank me. I'm doing this because I want to."

"And I'm thankful for that. You're the best thing that happened to me" she beamed at him as she moved forward, hugging him tight amidst the pain she's feeling. 

"Not anymore" he whispered quietly, knowing too well that she didn't heard him

"What?" she pulled herself away from him for awhile

"Nothing" he breathed deeply as he cradled her again, pulling her close to him once more. Savoring the warmthness only her can give him. He knew, he damn well knew that he can't do this to her soon. Or he can? He saw the way Yonghwa looked at her, how his eyes unconciously drifting towards her everytime they're at the same place. He saw how he looks at her as if too scared that she's too vulnerable to stare at. To even touch just a strand of her hair. He looks at her as if she's the best masterpiece he ever laid eyes on his entire life. How did he know it? Because he, Lee Soohyuk, looks at her like that too. He's been treasuring her for a decade already, even before Jung Yonghwa came, even before they proclaimed her as the golden mistress. Which is not ing true. She's too pure to be like that. 

"Let's go?" Joohyun looked up at him, waiting for him to look at her 

"Kaja"

"Are you going to leave me again?" she asked, his eyes drifted into her, showing the vulnerability she only shows to him...but not anymore. 

"Never" even if you choose to love someone who's not me. I won't leave you again. Not anymore. I would be strong for us. I would be brave for us. I'll give you the freedom you deserve in exchange of my life without thinking twice. I love you. eversince. I love you. 

These unspoken words he kept for a decade, how can he say it? 

"Seo Joo Hyun, I.."