I can't take it anymore

When friends become something more

After the awards ceremony everyone went backstage. It was a successful day for both SHINee and EXO, they wanted to celebrate together but because of everyone's tight schedules the party had been put off until next weekend. Everyone said their goodbyes and started getting inside the vans in order to get to their dorms.

"Jonghyunnie!"

Jonghyun pretended his heart didn't skip a beat at the sound of Jinki's voice calling his name.

"Yes hyung?"

"Can you please tell our manager hyung I won't be going with you guys? I'm going to hang out with Yixing for a bit" 

"Um... Haha, sure hyung. Uh.. What.. what are you guys going to be doing?" He hoped he sounded casual, though he could already feel a grimace forming on his face.

"Oh nothing much, Yixing wanted to go to the amusement park, so we're going to have fun there for a bit" 

Amusement park. Great. Did he have to pick a place that is perfect for a date? There are Ferris wheels and those stupid couple rides. But two guys wouldn't pick something like this, right? He looked at Yixing who was standing in the back waiting for Jinki wearing that ing dimple smile. He looked like he just won a lottery. Jonghyun snorted unwillingly and then looked back at his hyung.

"Hyung it's already late, why don't you just come back with us? It's dangerous to hang out at this hour, besides you're both tired."

"Jjong don't be silly. Do I have to remind you that I'm just a few years away from 30? I think I can take care of myself, Xing too. I miss him, we weren't able to to meet up lately because of our schedules."

Jonghyun knew that. He was able to live a peaceful life without Yixing on the horizon and he enjoyed every second of it. He'd rather not hear Jinki say he missed someone that was not him though. It made his heart sink a little. He looked at Jinki and sighed knowing he won't be able to change his mind.

"Don't be too late, okay?"

Jinki nodded in response and run off to Yixing who smiled brightly at him and put his arm on Jinki's shoulder. Jonghyun felt a sudden urge to punch somebody in the face. He watched as they walked away laughing at Yixing's joke. Jonghyun hated to admit that but they looked good together. Their personalities matched as well. Zhang Yixing, as well as Jinki, was a person no one could hate. Handsome, tall(er than Jonghyun), extremely talented, always polite. He was that kind of person that would give away shoes he was wearing to someone he didn't know if they needed them. He was perfect. Jonghyun himself couldn't bring himself to hate the boy either. He just hated hearing Yixing and Jinki's name together in one sentence and seeing them being less than 2 meters away from each other. Jonghyun sighed once more and slowly headed to the van.

 

Yixing watched as Jinki talked with Jonghyun who kept glancing his way with a clearly unpleased expression on his face. He couldn't hear what they were saying but he didn't have to. He was sure Jonghyun was trying to change Jinki's mind about going to the amusement park with him. It wouldn't be his first time doing that. He didn't care though because Jinki had never canceled their meeting because of Jonghyun's whining. Yixing smiled brightly to himself. He was really excited about his little date with Jinki hyung.  He was aware of Jonghyun's feelings and he felt bad that things had to turn out this way. If it had been anyone else he would give them up, but he couldn't give Jinki up. He wouldn't. He still remembered how SHINee's leader had taken care of him when he was still a trainee and knew nobody. His Korean had been poor at that time too so he couldn't even hold a proper conversation. Jinki didn't mind though. He had been going out of his way to communicate with Yixing using gestures and his poor Chinese skills. Yixing was extremely touched by this and couldn't help but fall for Jinki a little. And over time, when he got to know his hyung better his feelings turned into something much bigger.

He noticed Jinki finished talking with Jonghyun and was heading his way so he send him a smile which his hyung returned. Yixing's heart skipped a beat. He saw Jinki smiling countless times already but somehow he still couldn't get over it, it always made him feel butterflies in his stomach. He swallowed hard.

"A-are you ready to go hyung?"

"Yeah, sorry I took so long, Jonghyunnie was a bit worried"

"Oh I'm sure he was" Yixing frowned a little at the pet name.

He put his arm on Jinki's shoulder and they headed in the direction of the amusement park. 

 

 

"Oh god I haven't had so much fun in ages!" Jinki said laughing loudly "We should do this more often, what do you think Xing Xing?" Jinki turned to his dongsaeng and sent him a blinding smile.

This was one of the best days in Yixing's life. Night air smelled good, he felt so alive. He was having so much fun with his hyung and the atmosphere was great. He grabbed Jinki's hand.

"Hyung I know we were supposed to head back home already but what do you think about going on a Ferris wheel? I bet Seoul at night looks stunning and I've never had a chance to see it from a bigger height."

Jinki thought for a second "Okay but this one's the last one. I don't have any more money" he laughed wholeheartedly.

"Hurray! I love you hyung!" Yixing blurted out in the moment of happiness. When he realized what he had just said he blushed deeply and looked away.

Yixing's reaction after his sudden confession startled Jinki a bit. He looked lost and embarrassed. "Um.. I love you too Xing" he smiled shyly. It wasn't their first time saying "I love you"s to each other but somehow this time the atmosphere was completely different and it made Jinki's heart thump a tad faster. Yixing was still holding his hand and it made the whole situation this much more intimate.

"L-l-let's go" Yixing said and dragged Jinki to the Ferris wheel.

 

 

"Whoa, you were right Xing, the view's absolutely beautiful" Jinki said placing his hands flat on the glass.

Yixing wasn't looking at Seoul though. He was looking at his hyung. He watched how his eyes sparkled excitedly, how city lights danced on his skin. Jinki looked absolutely breathtaking. Yixing swallowed dry, his teeth sinking into his bottom lip. His heart started beating uncontrollably fast, it felt like it was going to burst and that's when he couldn't take it anymore. "You're so beautiful hyung"

Jinki turned back at him and looked at Yixing quizzically.

"You're beautiful" Yixing breathed out.

 

 


 

 

Sooo what do you guys think?

Thank you so much for your comments, they made me really happy. I thought "Oh, so people actually read it". Thank you!