The truth?

When friends become something more

 

 

"Hyung" Jonghyun knocked on the leader's door. He was scared, he was hurt, but he knew that nothing will change if he keeps on sulking. He needed to hear the reason behind Jinki's behavior. He had found the note the leader left him after that night and he became even more confused about the whole situation. But what was written on that little piece of paper gave him hope and the courage he needed to talk with Jinki.

His heart was beating extremely fast from nervousness, his hands became sweaty, his throat suddenly dry, but he needed to do this. "Hyung, can I come in?"

Jonghyun heard footsteps and soon the door flew open. "What do you want?" Jinki wasn't angry, his voice was calm, slightly resigned and tired. He still didn't dare to look in the younger's eyes though. He wasn't ready.

Jonghyun cleared his throat and swallowed "I wanted to talk with you. We can't keep on doing this anymore hyung, it's affecting other members and our work." That's not what you were supposed to say you idiot. That's not the reason you came.

Jinki looked slightly offended, his brows furrowed, then he scoffed. "Are you trying to tell me I'm harming our group? Well, maybe you should have thought about this earlier. Now get off my sight." He started to close the door but Jonghyun stopped it with his foot. He pushed the door open and stepped inside.

"Hyung, wait, it's not what I meant. It's just..." he sighed "I've found your note today. It seems like you were fine that morning, you even used the word "love" in your note" Jinki's eyes narrowed, his face scrunching up. Is he trying to make fun of me? "...that's why... i don't understand why you acted like this when we talked in the living room. Why you said all that stuff... It's illogical."

Jinki couldn't take it anymore. He was visibly angry now. "Well, let me explain it for you then." he said through gritted teeth. "In the morning, I didn't know you were a cunning little liar. I didn't know you were so low and traitorous, that you would be able to hurt me so easily." tears started to well up in his eyes "I thought we were best friends, Jonghyun, I thought I meant something to you, but you treated me like trash. I misjudged you." he sobbed out. " I thought that even if you wouldn't return my feelings you would still act like a civilized person and reject me trying your best not to hurt my feelings. What you did though... It was shameful and vicious and I didn't know you were capable of doing something like this."

Jonghyun was dumfounded, he had no idea what Jinki was talking about. But he was deeply hurt by the leader's words. "Hyung" he tried reaching for the older's hand but got slapped away "I don't understand... What did I do? I would never ever hurt you intentionally, I care about you way too much." his eyes were pleading.

Jinki wiped his tears away and scoffed smirking. "Care about me? You've got to be kidding me Jonghyun. If you cared about me you wouldn't do something like this to me."

"Like what?!" Jonghyun was losing his patience. "You keep saying I did something to you, but I have no idea what you are talking about. What did I do to you?!"

Jinki flinched at the outburst, then he grew even more angry. Jonghyun had no right to scream at him. "You want me to say it? Would that please you, hearing it coming out of my own mouth? Or maybe you really don't know what I'm talking about? Maybe you planned leading on both of us but I ruined it for you by finding out about her?" Jinki laughed, then his face became serious, his eyes narrowing once again. "I saw you." he spat out. "I came back to the dorm and saw you and Taeyon noona kissing."

Jonghyun's face fell, his lips parted in shock. He didn't expect that. He had no idea that Jinki was there.

"Hmm? You're not going to say anything?" he smirked "I guess you really didn't know."

Jonghyun wasn't capable of uttering even one word. He was staring at the floor, frozen. Jinki's facade broke. He expected the younger to try explain himself at least. To Jinki it was like Jonghyun was admitting that everything he had said was true. He didn't see that coming. His heart throbbed, he suddenly felt sick. "Get out" he said, his voice weak.

Jonghyun snapped awake. "N-no. Hyung, you don't understand, I..."

"GET OUT!" Jinki grabbed the younger's arm and shoved him out of his room slamming the door behind him.

 

 

 

"Hyung I'm back" Yixing gently knocked on the door and hearing no answer let himself in. He spotted Jinki crouching in the corner of the room, his face hidden in his knees. "Hyung?" he dropped his stuff and approached the older crouching in front of him trying to see his hyung's face. Jinki lifted his head revealing his tear stained cheeks and puffy eyes. "Oh my god hyung, what happened? Why are you crying?" he cupped the leader's face and wiped his eyes with his thumbs.

"Xing" Jinki's lips trembled, his eyes shining with tears. A sob escaped his lips before he threw himself at Yixing making him lose his balance and land on his back. Jinki hugged the younger tightly cuddling into his chest slowly wetting it with his tears.

Yixing wrapped his arm around his hyung and his head with the other. "Shhh.. It's okay... I'm here..." he didn't need to ask who made Jinki cry because it was obviously Jonghyun. This can't keep on happening. I have to put an end to this. He decided to talk to Jonghyun after he made sure Jinki was okay.

 

 

 


 

 

I think there'll be 1-2 more chapters and the fic will be completed. I'll try my best to update as fast as possible but i have some important stuff going on and writing a fanfic is not my priority. Yeah.. I hope you liked this chapter, see you soon!