Letting go

When friends become something more

 

 

 

"Babe, are you ready? We're going to be late if we don't leave now." Jonghyun stood at the front door, all dressed up and ready to leave.

"Aishh.!" Jinki huffed fighting with a drawer "Just give me a second, I can't open this damn drawer." he pulled on the handle with everything he had. The drawer finally gave in and Jinki landed on his with a thud.

"Owww..."

"What happened?!" Jonghyun ran to him and spotted Jinki on the floor with random stuff spilled all over the floor. "Are you okay hyung?" he helped Jinki up and brushed hair away from his face.

"I'm fine." he smiled to calm his boyfriend down. "We need to get rid of this piece of junk before it kills somebody" Jinki pouted and sent the drawer a death glare.

Jonghyun giggled and pecked him on the lips. "Okay, okay. But we still need to leave. Are you sure you're okay?"

The older nodded and picked up his wallet from the floor. He smiled and took Jonghyun's hand. "Let's go"

 

 

 

"Hi hyungs!" Yixing smiled when he noticed Jinki and Jonghyun coming their way. "You're late you know. Suho hyung already ordered us some meat, so don't bother reading the menu."

They sat on the opposite side of the table. "We're sorry guys, I had a small accident with a drawer back home."

Jonghyun clapped his hands. "To compensate for the wait, It's our treat today, how about that?"

Suho laughed and high-fived Yixing. "Deal. But don't think we'll go easy on you. We just got back from a 6 hour dance practice and we're starving!"

 

"omfff. This is so yummy I could cry..." Yixing wrapped a piece of meat in lettuce and fed it to Suho. "Yummy right?" he looked at him expectedly.

The older nodded happily, wrapping another piece to feed his dongsaeng back.

Jonghyun and Jinki smiled at the sight.

"Hyung do you want some too?"

Jinki got a bit startled. "A..ah, no, it's okay." he laughed slightly shaking his head.

"Come on, I'll wrap one for you. Say 'Aaaah' " 

Jinki' glanced at Yixing nervously then turned back at Jonghyun and accepted the food. "I-it's really good." he smiled awkwardly.

Yixing gulped and looked down at his lap. After a few seconds he pinched Suho's thigh gently.

Suho cleared his throat and grinned widely. "You guys wanna hear some news?" Jonghyun and Jinki looked up at him interested. "Xingie has a crush on Infinite's Sunggyu!"

​Yixing's eyes widened, he tried to cover his hyung's mouth to keep him from speaking. "N-no I don't." he laughed nervously.

Suho giggled and pulled the younger's hand away from his face elbowing him playfully. "Yes you do! You told me yourself, don't try to deny it now!"

"Really?" Jonghyun snickered. "Awww don't be shy, we're all friends here, we'll help you!" he laughed and patted Yixing's shoulder.

Jinki only observed the whole situation develop, not joining in the "tease Yixing" game. He looked at the younger with narrowed eyes and watched how he was trying to wriggle out of Suho's arms with a shy and frustrated expression on his face. Jinki's brows furrowed, he bit his lip as an uneasy feeling started to spread through his chest.

He dropped his gaze to his lap, exhaled slowly, then put on a bright smile and lifted his head. "There, there. Stop teasing my cute dongsaeng. Xingie's face is all red, poor baby." he giggled softly and ruffled Yixing's hair.

 

 

 

 

"Hyung I need your help."

Suho lifted his head from the computer screen and looked up at Yixing. "Help? With what?"

The younger sat on the corner of the leader's bed and slouched slightly. "With Jinki hyung."

Suho pressed his lips together, then sighed and put away his laptop. "I'm all ears." He smiled softly to encourage the younger.

"... I... don't know if you noticed, I did, because I spend a lot of time with them... But... Jinki hyung still won't act like he's supposed to. They've been dating for four months now and he's still cautious in my presence. I can tell he's trying really hard to act normal but he's not really doing a great job.. I can see right through him." He rubbed his neck nervously with a sad expression on his face. "I'm still holding him back hyung."

Suho crawled next to Yixing and hugged him, resting his head on his shoulder. He started to sway gently. "What do you need me to do?"

"Help me make him believe I no longer have feelings for him." he said, his voice low. "We could tell him I like someone else."

The leader hummed in understanding. He rubbed soothing circles on Yixing's back. "Do you think you'll be able to lie to him? To you pretend you don't love him anymore?"

"Who said I'm going to have to pretend?" the younger said putting on a wide smile.

Suho stayed silent, his hand moved from Yixing's back to his lap. He grabbed the younger's hand gently and intertwined their fingers together.

Yixing bit his lip and laughed bitterly, his eyes watering. "I'm not fooling you, huh?"

 

 

 

Jinki and Jonghyun were driving back home, quiet music playing from the speakers. Jinki was looking through the window thinking about the meeting in the restaurant. There was no doubt something was off. Even though Yixing's acting was really good Jinki knew him way too well not to notice he was lying. And it made him feel like . He screwed things up again, he knew it was all his fault, he didn't manage to fool Yixing either and that's why the younger performed that little act for him. So that he would finally do the right thing.

So that he would finally let him go.

 

Seoul at night was pretty, Jinki thought. 

 

 

...

...

...I'm sorry Xing...

I'm sorry I didn't try hard enough..

I'm sorry you had to lie to me to finally make me understand... It must have been hard on you...

 

Xingie... Thank you for loving me...

I'm sorry I couldn't return your feelings, I'm sorry for hurting you so much...

 

I love you. You know that, right? I'm never going to stop, I'll love you forever. Don't you ever forget that. 

 

 

 

I'm letting you go now Xingie...

 

 

 

Jinki wiped his eyes, he didn't even notice when he started to cry. His heart felt light, but heavy at the very same time.

Jinki looked to his left and smiled with content.

"Jonghyunnie"

"Hmm?" Jonghyun hummed softly not taking his eyes from the road.

"I'm sorry I made you wait so long"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

This is it. The end. I know it took me forever to upload this chapter, I'm flying to London soon and I had to take care of lots of stuff. Anyway... I hoped you liked it! Thank you for reading my fic <3