Playtime's over

When friends become something more

"What's wrong with your face? Did somebody die?"

"I look perfectly fine, thank you for asking Kibum" Jonghyun spat out.

"Alright. You definitely are not fine. What happened?" Kibum sat on the older's bed. "Is it about Jinki hyung again?"

Jonghyun said nothing but you couldn't miss the pout forming on his lips.

"Jinki hyung it is." Kibum sighed. "So what happened this time?"

"..."

"You know I'm going to get everything out of you sooner or later so you might as well save both of us some time and just spill it out"


He has a point. Everything Kibum wants Kibum gets. 

Jonghyun sighed "He went out with Yixing yesterday" Kibum nodded knowingly "He came back at, like, 4 AM and I went to his room to talk with him. But he seemed like he didn't want to talk with me so I approached him this morning but he was acting all weird and he blew me off saying he needed to shower. Isn't that the most stupid excuse ever?"

"First of all, what were you doing up 'at, like, 4 AM'?" Kibum asked though he already knew the answer. He just wanted to bully Jonghyun a bit.

"Uhhh.. You know... S-stuff... Important stuff..."

Kibum laughed "Just admit you were being a total creep and waited for him to come back"

Jonghyun blushed and lowered his head. "'Creep' is a bit too harsh isn't it?"

"It's okay, I wouldn't expect anything less from you. But what's the whole fuss about? First you bother him after a long day, "at, like, 4 AM" and then in the morning, when he hadn't been able to even open his eyes properly yet and you expect him to be all happy and talkative? Aren't you being too sensitive about it?"

Jonghyun thought about it for a minute and pouted "But he didn't even smile at me today, he always smiles at me while saying "Good morning Jonghyunnie""

​Kibum cringed "God, please save me the cheesy details it's not even noon yet. Besides I bet you haven't even greeted him today and went straight to bothering him. But let me tell you something. You keep being sad, angry and jealous over everything and everyone. How about you stop being a and finally tell Jinki hyung the truth?"

Jonghyun's face saddened a little. "You know I can't do that. Hyung would hate me. I'd rather stay being friends with him than lose him."

"Okay then. Let me put it another way for you. Go and get him before Yixing does. I bet he's not the one to sit and wait for someone to snatch Jinki hyung away. He might be a sweet, caring dongsaeng but I'm sure he'll do everything that's necessary to win him over." He sighed "How is that even possible for that old man to have so many people pinning after him? I mean, I am right here but I don't see Yixing making eyes at me."

"What are you saying Kibum, you're not even gay." Jonghyun rolled his eyes

"I know I'm not you but getting a little attention wouldn't hurt me." he stood up to leave. "Think it through. Would you rather risk your friendship or watch Jinki hyung be happy with someone else?" He closed the door behind him.

Jonghyun sighed. He knew Kibum was right. He knew Yixing was after Jinki. But he didn't know whether Jinki was capable of loving a man. He didn't know whether he would be able to recover if Jinki rejected him. Would he be able to watch Jinki being in love with Yixing? Was he strong enough?

He wasn't. He didn't want Jinki to be with Yixing or anyone that wasn't him. He couldn't watch Jinki being snached away from him. Not without fighting. Jonghyun has decided. Playtime's over.

 

He spotted Jinki sitting on the couch in the livingroom. He sat next him and linked their arms. Jinki looked at him quizzically.

"Hyyyuuuung. I'm bored, can we go somewhere? Let's take a walk?" He whined looking at the older with those big doe eyes of his..

Jinki's heart melted a little at the sight "Jonghyunnie don't be silly, we have to be in SM in 20 minutes. You should be getting ready actually"

Jonghyun pouted. "But I want to go for a walk with you. Please?" He started rubbing his cheek on Jinki's arm.

"Pfff stop that" the older laughed "We'll go on a walk when we come back, happy?"

"Happy. Thanks hyung" He smiled and happily wandered off to his room to get ready. Heh, that was easy.

 

 

"Ughhhh. I forgot my stuff from the van." Jinki groaned.

"Let me get it for you hyung! You guys can go, I'll catch up in a minute."

"Thanks Jonghyunnie"

Jonghyun run back to the van, took Jinki's bag and hurried back to look for s. He spotted Jinki in front of the training room talking with Yixing. Oh hell no. Seriously, do I have to keep an eye on him all the freaking time? I leave him for 2 minutes and he's already being molested by Yixing.  Jonghyun went to join them and stood behind his hyung.

"Our shedule is really tight this week. I have some time today though, do you want to hang out hyung?" Yixing smiled showing his dimples.

Jinki pouted "I'd love to Xing, but I already promised Jonghyun I'd spend some time with him." Yixing glanced at Jonghyun who was miserably failing at hiding his smirk. "That's a shame. I guess I'll see you at the party then. See you around hyung" Yixing said and gave Jinki a peck on the cheek before running off.

Jonghyun's eyes widened. What the hell. He has some balls to kiss him like that. Only I am allowed to do it damn it. He glanced at Jinki waiting for his usual "Yah. What do you think you're doing?" but it never came. Jinki was standing there a bit doumbfouded holding his cheek and blushing trying to keep a straight face. 

Jonghyun scoffed and jabbed Jinki in the ribs with his elbow.

"Ouch! What was that for?!" Jinki's hand went from his cheek to his ribs.

Jonghyun nodded satified. "Spacing out" He grabbed his hyung's hand and dragged him inside the training room.

 

 


 

 

Some of you might have noticed that I'm not a native English speaker. I might make some mistakes and be clueless about it. If you notice them, please tell me so that I can correct them :)