I will.

When friends become something more

 

 

 

Two months had passed and Jinki's relationship with Jonghyun pretty much came back to the way it was before. They had some awkward moments while playing around and suddenly realizing how close their faces were to each other or when one's hand accidentally happened to be in a dangerous area of the other's body. But a few awkward laughs and 'sorry's seemed to solve the problem just fine. They got back to being really good friends and SHINee's dorm once more became a peaceful and comfortable place to be in, much to the members' relief. Jinki though still felt anxious at times. He didn't forget about Yixing's confession and he couldn't help but feel hyper aware of his actions and words in his presence.

 

SHINee members were chilling in their waiting room before the recording. Jinki and Jonghyun were playing around as usual. They were sitting on the couch, facing each other, their hands intertwined, resting on the older's lap as Jonghyun messed around with his hair using his other, free hand. He parted Jinki's hair in the middle and giggled at the sight.

"Yah! Don't make me look ugly! And stop laughing at me!" Jinki stuck out his bottom lip and frowned.

"Awww. Cute. You look cute even with a middle part. You're amazing hyung!" Jonghyun laughed and poked the older's cheek playfully. Jinki gritted his teeth in annoyance which only made the younger laugh at him louder.

Knocking on the door was heard and soon after Yixing entered the room. He spotted Jinki and smiled widely. "Hyung!" he called happily.

The older's face fell when he heard Yixing's voice. He hurriedly straightened himself in his seat slipping his hand out of Jonghyun's grasp. Yixing noticed that and smiled sadly as he approached the older.

"Hello Jonghyun hyung" he bowed slightly and then turned to Jinki. "Hi hyung!"

The older gave him a warm smile. "Hi Xingie. How are you?" he patted the space on his left for Yixing to sit but the younger shook his head.

"I'm fine hyung. I got my makeup and hair done first so now I have some time to kill before the recording. I decided to come here and take you for a coffee. What do you say?" he smiled showing his dimples and looked at Jinki expectedly.

"Sounds good to me." he stood up and turned to Jonghyun. "Want me to get you something?"

The younger shook his head. "No, thanks hyung."

"Okay. Call me if I don't get back on time for the recording." 

Jonghyun nodded and Jinki got out of the room with Yixing.

 

 

Jinki paid for their coffees and they sat down at the empty table. Yixing slurped on his drink for a while and then looked down at his lap.

"Hyung... You don't have to do this for me..."

"Pay for your coffee? Come on, it's nothing. Drink up!" he smiled.

"I'm talking about Jonghyun hyung..." Jinki looked up alarmed. "You guys were holding hands when I came in, I saw you. But as soon as you noticed me you let go of his hand and tried to act as if nothing happened..."

"Yixing..."

"Hyung. I told you that I didn't expect anything from you when I confessed, right? I know how you feel about Jonghyun hyung and it's hurts me that I'm standing in a way of your happiness."

Jinki looked down and shook his head. "It's not that easy Yixing..."

"It is. You're the one that's making it hard. All you need to do is just do what makes you happy. Jonghyun hyung makes you happy so you should be with him. It's that easy."

The older looked up at him with an angered expression, his eyes narrowed, brows furrowing. "How do you expect me to just neglect your feelings?! To 'be happy' and forget about you?!" he pursed his lips together tightly. "I can't do that. I can't hurt you again. You're too important to me."

"Hyung don't you understand that you're hurting me right now?! If it wasn't for me you'd be happy with Jonghyun hyung and it's all I can think about! I can only think about how I am the one who's making you miserable! How it's all my fault! Because I couldn't keep my damn mouth shut and just had to confess to you!" Yixing's eyes watered, he bit his lip to keep his sobs in.

"Yixing please..."

"No!" he stamped his foot. His bottom lip trembled as he in some air. "You can't be with me hyung. You don't love me... So if you want to make it less painful for me just go and try to be happy. ...Please."

Jinki looked at him with sad eyes. "You're not being fair Xing. You know I love you more than anything..."

Yixing exhaled and smiled sadly "I know you do hyung... But it's not the kind of love I have for you. You can't help it and I understand that..." he sighed. "Hyung... I want you to be happy, it's more important to me than anything else. So please, please, don't look back at me. Go forward, to Jonghyun hyung. This is what I want."

"..."

"Hyung. Promise me you're not going to hold back anymore because of me. Promise me you'll give yourself and Jonghyun hyung a chance." he looked at Jinki with unwavering eyes, he wasn't going to take 'no' for an answer.

After a few seconds Jinki slowly nodded his head. "I will."

 

 

 

 

 

This chapter was a bit shorter than usual but... yeah... That's how it is. I hope you enjoyed! ^^