Joon-Depressed

MBLAQ One Shots

It was oddly dark today, the clouds a deep dark greyish blue hue. They overcast the sun in such a melancholy way, yet the clouds refused to spill their tears on the world. There would be no rain today.

 

The weather seemed to fit Lee Changsun’s mood today. He couldn't really explain why he felt so gloomy and depressed. Was it just because he was overworked and exhausted? He really missed his bandmates and his other friends as well. He was truly upset that even though the meet and greet was postponed so that he could be there, that he was unable to be there in the end. He felt a heavy burden on his shoulders for disappointing his precious fans. There was simply nothing that could be done unfortunately. 

 

With a heavy sigh full of dissatisfaction, Joon finally crawled out of bed, his body feeling heavy and numb. Even though he had one of his rare days off, he was far too depressed to see anyone. His hyungs called just to check in on him and he managed to feign a happy demeanor but Joon was sure they could see through his facade. They knew him too well.

 

He even received a text from Mir and Thunder too, telling him that they were getting together for BBQ later, but he'd yet to reply. He didn't want to dull their mood with his bipolar and manic swings of depression. There was only one person Joon wanted to see and it was you, but he'd accidentally snapped at you a week ago, and there had been no contact since. He had hurt your feelings like a fool when you were just trying to care for him.

 

He plopped onto the couch at his family’s house, dark circles beneath his eyes only wearing sweatpants and a sleeveless black shirt with some graffiti writing scrawled across the front in white and red lettering. His hair was a mess and his eyes and cheeks were red and puffy from crying. He appeared totally disheveled.

 

"Changsun, you've got a visitor!" His mom called from the doorway, and the young actor and musician could only grumble in irritation. He had told his hyungs that he was fine, and they'd come anyway! Getting up from the couch and pacing to the door with a frown, he was ready to complain but was instead taken aback to see you. 

 

You with your beautifully timid and sheepish demeanor. You held something in a pink bag, smiling softly while speaking to his umma.

 

"______-ah, what are you doing here?!" Joon exclaimed, stuttering in embarrassment at the way they'd last met. You smiled warmly as his mom allowed you to come inside. "Changsun! Don't be so rude to _____-ssi!" His mom scolded gently, wandering back into the kitchen to continue fixing lunch. Joon chuckled a little, rubbing the back of his neck in an awkward manner as you walked past him to sit on the loveseat in the living room.

 

"We...haven't spoken in a while and I missed you so I wanted to visit." Your head tilted slightly to the right as you beamed a smile to him, it reaching all the way to your twinkling eyes. Joon attempted to fix his ragged hair with his hands, cursing inwardly that you, his crush and close friend, would randomly show up when he's looking his worst. 

 

"Nae...sorry about...snapping at you and all..." He took a seat next to you, his voice sullen. You pulled an colorful pink and purple polka dot patterned Tupperware container out of the bag and sat it in your lap, waving your other hand dismissively. "Sun-bun, I'm used to it. It's alright...actually I'm sorry for not contacting you for a week, but I had exams! Sorry Sunshine Oppa!"

 

He felt his lips lift ever so softly, uncontrollably smiling at the oh so adorable names that you call him. That only furthered his adoration for you.

 

 "Don't worry about that. We were both busy anyway." He ran his fingers through his hair over and over, his fingers acting as a makeshift brush, until his dark strands seemed acceptable. You blushed, averting your eyes to the container in your lap which held a homemade lunch for him with a few sweet treats as well.

 

"Ah, Oppa, I've made lunch for you!" You opened the Tupperware and placed it gently on his lap." And I baked you some Vanilla flavored cupcakes with a red bean paste filling." Joon was taken aback once again by your kindness. He was starving, quickly scanning the container to see a delicious looking soup, homemade noodles with chicken and cubes of tofu and an assortment of vegetables. There was even a pair of chopsticks packed as well. Joon could feel his mouth water, the container still warm seeming as if you'd just cooked this.

 

"______-aaaaaaahhhhh~" Joon exclaimed with a sincere smile. You giggled at his randomness. "Hmmm?" Joon had already began eating, having moved to sit on the floor in front of the nearby coffee table and placing his meal on top of it. "This is really delicious, thanks..." You only smiled, observing him eating the food happily. You always knew Joonies fondness to your cooking. He soon finished, drinking the remainder of the broth from the container. He then turned to you, looking absolutely stunning with that bright smile.

 

It's the happiest Joon could say that he's been in a while.

 

But his smile faltered after a moment, his gloomy demeanor sinking back into his mind. Almost like he turned a switch in his mind, he stood and bowed. 

 

"Gomawo for the lunch." Retreating back to his room. You grabbed the container with the cupcakes and followed him, closing the door behind you.

 

"What's the matter, Changsun?" You carefully asked, sitting next to him on the bed. He pulled his knees to his chest and heaved a heavy sigh. "I...I guess I'm just depressed. Stupid huh?"

 

"It's not stupid, just tell me why. I'll listen." You laid a hand on his shoulder with a gentle smile. He glanced over to you, exhaling. "I think I'm just exhausted...no matter how much I sleep, I still feel tired and irritable. Then...I failed my fans by not being at the meet & greet." His voice sounded utterly miserable.

 

"That's normal, sun-bun, maybe you should relax instead of sleeping? Also, your J+ understand and are not mad, I am sure of this." You reassured him, your hand massaging his shoulder. Joon looked over at you completely, his bangs slightly covering his eye. "You think so..?" You nodded with a grin. "I'm sure! And to help you relax, let's go see a movie?" 

 

He felt his lips twist into a smile, without thinking, leaning over to pull you into his arms. You were a bit surprised but loved his warm hugs. "C-Changsun, why are you hugging me?" You were stuttering at this point, his embrace deepening as his arms tightened around you. 

 

"Because...you always make me happy...I can't even be depressed around you." He placed an affectionate kiss to your cheek which caused you to gasp, pulling back. You pulled a cupcake out of the container and pushed it close to his face. "J-just eat this and get ready to go, babo!" 

 

Enjoying seeing you flustered by his actions, he chuckled and slowly ate his delicious cupcake, smiling that Toki smile over and over while you blush. Joon changed quickly, happy and elated that he had a girl as sweet as you to care for him. It's not like you knew he was depressed, but you visited just when he needed you.  It was those moments with you that he adored, truly made him know that you were the one he needed.

 

~~~

Prompt: Being there for Joon when he feels down.

Person: Lee Changsun-Lee Joon-

Song: Ukiss- Standing still/Seungri- What can I do?

Pic cr: Couldn't find a solid source

Scenario cr: http://mblaq-imagines.tumblr.com/